Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs will look to make a statement when they hit the road to take on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in a highly-anticipated Week 14 matchup of AFC Super Bowl contenders. The Chiefs will look to deliver a message to the Pats and the rest of their AFC counterparts that they are going to be a force to be reckoned with in postseason while New England looks to get back in the win column after suffering a humbling loss last weekend. Now, with both of these teams going all-out for the win, let’s find out which one Is offering the best value against their Week 14 NFL betting odds.
Chiefs vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Game Info & Betting Preview
- When: Sunday December 8, 2019, 4:25 PM ET
- Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Kansas City / New England
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 14 Odds: New England -3 / Total: 48.5
- Showers Late: -2°C/29°F
- Humidity: 79%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 8 mph S
- Cloud Cover: 85%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Kansas City?
The Chiefs might be on the road in this contest and they might be slight underdogs, but there are a bunch of good reasons to believe Kansas City in this contest. First, the Chiefs have won two straight including a 40-9 blowout win over the raiders last weekend as an 11-point home favorite. Then, there’s the fact that the Chiefs have covered the chalk in two straight and three of their last four games overall.
Kansas City also has the more explosive offense in averaging 29.0 points per game to New England’s 26.8 points per contest. Kansas City has a bunch of talent at the skill positions and the Chiefs have looked very good on defense in each of the last two weeks. Last , but not least, the Chiefs just have the look of a team that is ready to start firing on all cylinders after struggling by losing three of four in October.
- Average Score For: 29.00
- Total Yards: 384.42
- Pass Yards: 289.92
- Rush Yards: 94.50
- Average Score Against: 22.08
- Total Yards: 372.08
- Pass Yards: 230.75
- Rush Yards: 141.33
Why Bet On New England?
The Patriots might not be firing on all cylinders right now, but there are still some good reasons to believe Tom Brady and company are the pick to get it done in this contest. First, the Patriots have gone a perfect 5-0 SU at home this season.
Then, there’s the fact that the Pats are coming into this matchup off a humbling 28-22 loss against Houston as a 3-point road favorite last weekend while suffering both of their losses this season over their last four games. Then, there’s the fact that the Patriots have the far better defense in limiting the opposition to just 12.1 points per game to rank first in points allowed.
- Average Score For: 26.83
- Total Yards: 360.92
- Pass Yards: 264.42
- Rush Yards: 96.50
- Average Score Against: 12.08
- Total Yards: 257.75
- Pass Yards: 163.25
- Rush Yards: 94.50
NFL Week 14 Betting Trends for Chiefs vs Patriots
- Chiefs are 4-2 ATS in the last 6 games
- Chiefs are 10-5 SU in the last 15 games
- The total went OVER in 13 of Kansas City’s last 20 games
- Patriots are 11-5 ATS in the last 16 games
- Patriots are 15-2 SU in the last 17 games
- The total went UNDER in 9 of New England’s last 13 games
Chiefs vs Patriots Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Patriots will be looking to get back on track after last weekend’s loss to Houston and their even more discouraging 37-20 blowout loss against Baltimore on Nov. 3, but I’m not seeing it happen for a couple of good reasons. First, the Chiefs are looking great coming into this contest riding their two-game winning streak. More importantly, New England’s offense is clearly mediocre this season and Tom Brady just doesn’t have many playmakers at the skill positions. Last but not least, Andy Reid is one of the few coaches that can claim they have Bill Belichick’s number. While the Pats have won two straight in this rivalry and three of the last four meetings overall, Kansas City has managed to win two of the last five meetings while going 3-2 ATS along the way.
The Underdog in this AFC rivalry has gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings and New England is just 1-4 ATS in their last five games against a team with a winning record. With the Chiefs going 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 road games against a team with a winning home record and 10-4-1 ATS in their last 15 road games, I’m feeling the outright win for Patrick Mahomes and Kansas City in this intriguing pairing!
Pick: Kansas City 31 New England 28
More NFL Week 14 Betting News
- Giants vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Titans vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bengals vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Seahawks vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 49ers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- Chiefs vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Game Info & Betting Preview
- NFL Picks Week 14 (Ep. 761)
- Broncos vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lions vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Steelers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 14 Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 759)