Just two games in Week 5 around the NFL that feature a pair of playoff teams from 2018 and one is the Sunday night matchup Colts vs Chiefs, Kansas City is favored on the NFL odds to stay without a loss.
How to Bet Colts vs Chiefs NFL Week 5 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: Arrowhead Stadium
- TV: NBC
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 5 Odds: Kansas City Chiefs -12 (Total 56)
In the Divisional Round of last season’s playoffs, the Chiefs were 31-13 home winners over the Colts in what would prove to be Andrew Luck’s last NFL game for Indy. Patrick Mahomes threw for 278 yards and rushed for a score. Damien Williams ran 129 yards and another score, and Tyreek Hill had 72 yards receiving and a touchdown run. Luck was held to 203 yards passing for the Colts, while Marlon Mack was a non-factor on the ground. He had 46 yards rushing before leaving late in the fourth quarter with a hip injury.
- Mostly Clear: 9°C/48°F
- Humidity: 67%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover: 10%
- Wind: 4 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Indianapolis?
Indy dropped to 2-2 with last week’s 31-24 home upset loss to Oakland. Derek Carr led the Raiders to touchdowns on three of their first four drives, and safety Eric Harris returned a late interception 30 yards for a touchdown to secure the win.
The Colts could have definitely benefited from using linebacker Darius Leonard (concussion) and safety Malik Hooker (knee), their two best defensive players, but that doesn’t explain the defensive line’s getting bullied by Oakland’s offensive line and an inability to generate a pass rush. Not clear yet if either will return this week. The Colts did see the return of defensive end Jabaal Sheard, who underwent a minor knee procedure during training camp and missed the first three games of the season; Sheard played about 51 percent of the defensive snaps against Oakland, finishing with four tackles.
Jacoby Brissett completed 24-of-46 passes for 265 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in the loss. Badly missing top receiver T.Y. Hilton, Brissett was victimized by one drop after another. The biggest mistake of the day was his own, however, as he stared down Harris on what was the game-sealing pick six with 2:09 remaining. Brissett did rally for a 48-yard garbage time scoring strike to Eric Ebron.
Colts WR Parris Campbell (abdominal) will be monitored throughout the week. His eight targets in Week 4 were tied with Jack Doyle for the highest mark on the team, but that was inflated by the absence of Hilton. He remained sidelined at Wednesday’s practice with a quad injury. Colts safety Clayton Geathers suffered a concussion against the Raiders. He’s in the protocol.
The Colts rank seventh in the league in rushing (132.5 YPG), and they’ve had four run plays of 20-plus yards. The Chiefs, meanwhile, have been near the bottom of the league against the run so far, ranking 31st overall and 32nd in yards per carry allowed.
- Points per Game: 23.33
- Passing Yards: 198.00
- Rushing Yards: 149.67
- Yards per Play: 5.52
- Points per Game: 23.67
- Passing Yards: 244.33
- Rushing Yards: 113.67
- Yards per Play: 6.36
Why Bet on Kansas City?
The Chiefs stayed unbeaten with a 34-30 come-from-behind win in Detroit on Sunday. Kansas City is tied for the NFL lead with 33.8 points per game.
Patrick Mahomes converted a fourth down with a run to extend a game-winning drive that ended with Darrel Williams’ 1-yard touchdown run with 23 seconds left for his second score in the fourth quarter. Mahomes finished 24 of 42 for 315 yards but no touchdowns. Mahomes was uncharacteristically shaky in this one, submitting the third-lowest quarterback rating of his career (81.0). The reigning MVP had thrown at least two touchdown passes in 14 straight games, one short of the NFL record set by Peyton Manning. And, he was the first player in league history to have at least 350 yards passing and three touchdowns without an interception in three straight games before getting slowed down in Detroit.
The Colts currently rank 13th against the pass (230.5 YPG), but they have allowed two opposing passers to go over 300 yards, and all but one opposing quarterback threw for multiple touchdowns. With starters cornerback Pierre Desir, strong safety Clayton Geathers and free safety Malik Hooker recently banged up, that could bode well for Mahomes this week.
Travis Kelce pulled in seven catches for 85 yards on eight targets in the win. Kelce gave the Chiefs a lift by absorbing a clutch 18-yard catch with 1:32 remaining, extending what would eventually be the game-winning drive.
Star receiver Tyreek Hill (clavicle) returned to practice Wednesday. Coach Andy Reid wouldn’t commit to Hill returning this week against the Colts, but he’s at least moving in the right direction. Hill has been out since going down midway through Week 1. Damien Williams (knee) was practicing Wednesday. Damien has missed the last two games while LeSean McCoy and Darrel Williams have filled in more than admirably.
- Points per Game: 33.67
- Passing Yards: 391.33
- Rushing Yards: 94.67
- Yards per Play: 7.59
- Points per Game: 21.33
- Passing Yards: 258.00
- Rushing Yards: 137.67
- Yards per Play: 6.31
Colts vs Chiefs NFL Week 5 Betting Trends
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings
- Colts are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games played in October
- Colts are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indianapolis’ last 7 games on the road
- Chiefs are 9-2 SU in their last 11 games at home
- Chiefs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games played in week 5
Expert Final Score Prediction for Colts vs Chiefs
Indianapolis Colts 24 – Kansas City Chiefs 31
More Week 5 NFL Betting News
- Browns vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Colts vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- Packers vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Week 5 Betting Lines & Preview
- Broncos vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Falcons vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Vikings vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 5 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 5 Lines, Game Prediction & Analysis
- Buccaneers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Bills vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 5 Spread, Game Preview & Prediction
- Ravens vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 5 Lines, Game Preview & Analysis
- Cardinals vs Bengals 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Prediction & Pick
- 2019 NFL Week 5 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jets vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 5 Spread, Game Info & Betting Prediction
Even More Colts vs Chiefs Archived Betting Articles
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 ATS Picks
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 15 in 2020
- Top 5 2020 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Candidates
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 4 in 2020
- NFL Betting – AFC Rivalry Games on the 2020 Calendar
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Colts vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Colts vs Chiefs AFC Divisional Round Odds & Game Preview
- Expert Analysis on NFL Week 4 ATS Betting Picks
- Kansas City At Indianapolis NFL Expert Picks
- Winning NFL Betting Picks for Week 6
- Teams With The Best NFL Win Total Betting Odds