The Dallas Cowboys will look to snap out of their recent NFL lines funk by taking down Eli Manning and the New York Giants in a Week 7 NFC East divisional battle that will likely have postseason implication for both participants. Now online betting fans, let’s find out which playoff hopeful is going to bring home the bacon.
When: 4:25 PM ET, Sunday, October 25, 2015
Where: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
NFL Odds: Giants -4
New York looked absolutely awful in its 27-7 Week 6 loss against Philadelphia and never came close to covering the spread as a 3.5-point road dog as they were held to a season-low 247 total yards while committing a whopping 12 penalties and turning over the ball three times. “It’s a bad game, it’s a bad production,” coach Tom Coughlin said. “We’ve got to be able to handle the big games. The games where things don’t go our way, we’ve got to handle them better. You’ve got handle those situations better.”
Veteran quarterback Eli Manning completed 24 of 38 passes for 189 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions and the Giants allowed Philly’s DeMarco Murray to rush for 112 yards and once score. New York may have had their three-game winning streak emphatically snapped but are tied for the league lead with a plus-six turnover differential while Dallas owns a minus-five turnover differential.
Dallas got smacked around in its 30-6 Week 5 loss against New England while failing to cover the spread as an 8.5-point underdog.For this contest, the well-rested Boys are starting veteran signal-caller Matt Cassel after dropping each of their last three games with Brandon Weeden under center. “He knows the offense and you can tell he’s a veteran pro,” Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson said. “He has great command out there. The guys respond to him. He’s a sharp guy and has picked things up very quickly.”
Cassel attempts to become the first Cowboys quarterback to win a game other than Romo since Stephen McGee beat Philadelphia in the 2010 regular season finale. “We want to be deliberate with the process that we go through,” Garrett said. “And that’s with every player that is hurt. We will never put them in a compromising position in practice or in a game.”
The Cowboys could have elite receiver Dez Bryant back on the field for this matchup after missing their star wideout the last four weeks with a broken bone in his foot.
I know the New York Giants looked pretty damned awful in their 27-7 loss to Philly on Monday night, but I think the 56 percent of public bettors that like the G-Men in this NFC East divisional matchup have all made the right call. Until their stinker against the Birds, New York had scored at least 20 points in every game this season while scoring 24 or more and reaching the 30-point plateau twice, in their three games prior to Monday night.
Having said that, I believe the Giants are going to score their fair share of points in a matchup that looks like it could turn into something of a shootout. With the Over going 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings in New York and a consistent 15-5-1 in the last 21 meetings overall, I like the Over as my top bet for this pairing, followed by a wager on the G-Men to cover the spread.
While the Underdog in this rivalry has gone 9-4 ATS in the last 13 meetings, the Cowboys are just 1-4 ATS in their last five games following an SU loss of more than 14 points and an identical 1-4 ATS in their last five games overall.
My Pick: New York 30 Dallas 24
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction