After falling just short of beating one unbeaten team the last time out, Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts will look to complete the same NFL betting task when they host Peyton Manning and the unbeaten Denver Broncos on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium. Now, let’s find out if the Colts can pull off the upset for their online odds fans at home and bring home the bacon as slight home dogs.
When: 4:25 PM ET, Sunday, November 8, 2015
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
NFL Odds: Denver -3
The Broncos absolutely dominated formerly unbeaten Green Bay in their 29-10 Week 8 win while easily covering the spread as a 2.5-point home favorite.
Manning completed 21 of 29 passes for 340 yards and while he failed to toss a touchdown pass, Denver still cruised to victory as running back C.J. Anderson rushed for 101 yard sand one score on just 14 carries. Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas caught eight passes for 168 yards in the win and running back Ronnie Hillman added two touchdown and 60 rushing yards on 19 carries. “Everybody on offense has been working hard to try to improve and play better and I thought we did that tonight,” Manning said. “It proves when we do execute we are capable of making some big plays but you’ve got to do it every week.”
The Broncos improved to 7-0 for the second time in franchise by harassing Aaron Rodgers into a pitiful 14-for-22 passing day for a mind-boggling 77 yards. “We went out there wanting to make a statement,” Broncos tight end Virgil Green said. “I feel like towards the end, we just had them. We were manhandling them and I felt good about our execution.”
The Broncos are ranked 13th in scoring (24.0 ppg) and a stellar first in points allowed (16.0 ppg).
Indianapolis put up a great effort, but failed to seal the deal in their 29-26 Week 8 overtime loss against the unbeaten Carolina Panthers, although they did manage to cover the NFL betting line as a 5-point road dog.
The Colts stormed back from a 17-point deficit in the final seven minutes of regulation as Luck briefly caught fire. “We’ve got to fix those things in practice and fix them in games,” said Luck. “We did some decent things to give ourselves a chance but messed up at the end by throwing an interception.”
Luck completed 23 of 47 passes for 232 yards and two touchdowns, but also threw three costly interceptions, including one in overtime that set up the Panthers game-winning field goal. “(Our defense) kept us in it and gave us a chance to win it,” Luck said. “The Panthers made the plays when they needed them.”
The Colts are ranked 20th in scoring (21.6 ppg) and 21st in points allowed (25.4 ppg).
The Colts have talent and they’re playing at home after nearly beating one undefeated rival a week ago. Having said that, let me also say that I just don’t see Indy winning this game or covering the spread.
Andrew Luck has turned into a turnover machine and will face a Denver defense that just made Aaron Rodgers look like a wide-eyed rookie. While the Colts have gone 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games following an SU loss and a bankroll-boosting 22-9-1 ATS in their last 32 home games, Indy is also just 2-5 ATS in their last seven games against their AFC counterparts.
Conversely, the Broncos are 5-1 ATS in their last six road games against a team with a losing home record and 5-2 ATS in their last seven road games. I say, throw out the fact that the Broncos are 0-5 ATS in their last five road dates against the Colts…Denver will win this game outright to cover!
My Pick: Denver 28 Indianapolis 20
Sports & Betting Topics
- 2019 NFL Conference Round Parlay Picks
- Rams at Saints NFC Championship Lines, Preview & Pick
- Patriots vs Chiefs AFC Championship Odds & Expert Prediction
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Podcast: NFL Divisional Round Playoff Picks (Ep. 652)
- NFL Divisional Round Parlay Picks
- NFC Divisional Round Betting Analysis & Picks
- AFC Divisional Round Betting Analysis & Picks
- NFL Divisional Round Against the Spread Betting Picks
- NFL Divisional Round Over/Under Picks
- Eagles vs Saints NFC Divisional Round Spread & Prediction
- Chargers vs Patriots AFC Divisional Round Lines & Analysis
- Cowboys vs Rams NFC Divisional Round Betting Odds & Pick
- Colts vs Chiefs AFC Divisional Round Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 NFL Divisional Round Betting Guide
- Updated NFL Odds to Win the NFC – January 2nd
- Updated NFL Odds to Win the AFC – January 2nd
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Colts vs Texans 2018 AFC Wild Card Betting Lines & Game Preview
- New England Patriots 2018 NFL Postseason Betting Analysis
- Seahawks vs Cowboys 2018 NFC Wild Card Odds & Pick
- Eagles vs Bears 2018 NFC Wild Card Lines & Preview
- 2018 NFL Wild Card Round Betting Predictions
- Chargers at Ravens 2018 AFC Wild Card Odds & Expert Pick
- New Orleans Saints 2018 NFL Postseason Betting Analysis
- Los Angeles Rams 2018 NFL Postseason Betting Analysis
- Kansas City Chiefs 2018 NFL Postseason Betting Analysis
- Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Wildcard Round
- Colts vs Titans NFL Week 17 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- Eagles vs Redskins NFL Week 17 Odds & Game Info