Miami looks to sweep the 2-game series against the New York Jets on Sunday. The Dolphins rallied to upset the Eagles. Will they carry momentum over to their Week 14 battle against NYJ? Or, will the Jets bounce back after a tough loss versus the Bengals in Week 13? Check out the NFL odds, a preview and a free pick for Dolphins vs Jets!
Dolphins vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Sunday, Dec.8 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
- TV: CBS
- ATS Odds: Jets -5 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 44
- Partly Cloudy: 7°C/45°F
- Humidity: 58%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Wind: 8 mph SSW
- Cloud Cover: 46%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the Miami Dolphins are a good bet +5 ½?
The Eagles jumped to a huge lead against the Fins. But, the Dolphins rallied for an impressive 37-31 win. Miami plays with no fear. They know they’re not as good as most of their opponents. So, they play loose. The Dolphins called a punter to field goal kicker TD pass against the Eagles. They won’t have to use trick plays to cover this spread.
- Total Yards: 276.9
- Passing Yards: 214.2
- Rushing Yards: 62.8
- Points Scored: 16.7
- Total Yards: 399.7
- Passing Yards: 256.2
- Rushing Yards: 143.5
- Points Allowed: 31.4
Why the New York Jets are a good bet -5 ½?
New York had scored 34 points in 3 straight games. In Week 13, they bounced against the Cincinnati Bengals. NYJ could only muster 6 points. But, the Jets should get back on track this Sunday. They battle a Miami team that yields an average of 31.4 points per game. Sam Darnold should throw at least 2 touchdown passes while the Jets’ defense contains Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- Total Yards: 262.8
- Passing Yards: 190.2
- Rushing Yards: 72.6
- Points Scored: 16
- Total Yards: 317.4
- Passing Yards: 242.2
- Rushing Yards: 75.2
- Points Allowed: 23.3
NFL Week 14 Betting Trends for Dolphins vs Jets
- Dolphins are 4-1 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Miami is 7-20 ATS in their last 27 games on field turf
- The total went OVER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games
- NYJ is 2-9 ATS in their last 11 versus NFC East
- Jets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 versus the AFC
- The total went OVER in 4 of NY Jets’ last 6 games
Dolphins vs Jets Final NFL Betting Analysis
The Dolphins have surprised many this season. Miami has a 3-9 record. One of the teams they beat this season are the New York Jets.
In that game, Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 24-of-36. He threw for 288 yards and 3 touchdowns. Fitzpatrick threw for 365 against Philadelphia. There’s no reason to believe he doesn’t light up the Jets the way he lit up the Eagles.
Even though the Jets’ offense will play better on Sunday, the defense won’t. With both teams moving the football in a shootout, points will be at a premium. Take the points on the Dolphins to keep this close enough for a scramble at the end.
NFL Free Pick: Miami Dolphins +5 ½
More NFL Week 14 Betting News
- Giants vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Titans vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bengals vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Seahawks vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 49ers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- Chiefs vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Game Info & Betting Preview
- NFL Picks Week 14 (Ep. 761)
- Broncos vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lions vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Steelers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 14 Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 759)