The old saying goes that it is defense that wins championships, and while it is a statement that tends to hold true, it’s also very tough to win a Super Bowl without a very good QB under center. The fact of the matter is that the teams who routinely struggle year after year are the ones who repeatedly turn to the draft in hopes of finding the franchise QB who will carry them forward for the foreseeable future. One of the teams who have been in that endless loop of trying to land a QB are the Miami Dolphins, and their current record would suggest that the search is likely to continue beyond this season.
They are suddenly looking like a very good bet to go winless this season, and they have another tough one ahead of them this coming Monday night when they head to Pittsburgh to face the Steelers. It has been a tough year for Pittsburgh at the QB slot, but there are signs that they might be able to fight through it. The Steelers are 14-point home favorites for this one, with the point total set at 43 ½.
Dolphins vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Monday, October 28 at 8:15 PM EST
- Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -14 (Total 43.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 8°C/46°F
- Humidity: 84%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 43%
- Wind: 4 mph NE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Miami Dolphins?
I should probably start out by saying that finding reasons why you should wager on the Dolphins may be an exercise in futility, not just this week, but for every single week left in the regular season. They come into primetime on Monday night with an 0-6 record on the year, but that doesn’t even really tell the whole story of how poor they have been.
In Ryan Fitzpatrick, they have a journeyman QB who is throwing more interceptions than TD’s and an offense that is managing just over 8 PPG. The reality is that you can’t expect to win when you can’t even put 10 points on the board in any given week. The Dolphins have just 1 win in their last 5 visits to Pittsburgh and are also just 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
- Points per Game: 8.40
- Passing Yards: 176.00
- Rushing Yards: 58.20
- Yards per Play: 4.01
- Points per Game: 36.00
- Passing Yards: 270.20
- Rushing Yards: 170.00
- Yards per Play: 6.71
Why bet on the Pittsburgh Steelers?
When Ben Roethlisberger went down with an elbow injury that put him on the sidelines for the year, it would have been easy for the Steelers to immediately just write off the season. That was especially true after falling to the Ravens in OT in a game where they ended up needing to put in their 3rd string QB.
This team has proven to be more durable than expected, though, and they are coming off a big road win over the Chargers, with Devlin Hodges, the 3rd stringer in question as the starter. Mason Rudolph should be back on Monday, which is sure to be a nice boost. The Steelers are 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games played in October and they have seen the OVER hit in 13 of their last 18 games at home.
- Points per Game: 20.50
- Passing Yards: 200.00
- Rushing Yards: 76.50
- Yards per Play: 5.09
- Points per Game: 21.83
- Passing Yards: 244.17
- Rushing Yards: 110.33
- Yards per Play: 5.21
Dolphins vs Steelers NFL Week 8 Betting Trends
- Miami are 0-9 SU in their last 9 games on the road
- Miami are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 6 games this season
- Pittsburgh are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- Pittsburgh are 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games played in October
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Pittsburgh’s last 18 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Dolphins vs Steelers
I think the questions that need to be answered here, at least from a betting perspective, are with the spread and the total. I think the Steelers win, and I also believe that they will cover, with the point total going OVER.
Score: Miami Dolphins 9 – Pittsburgh Steelers 39
More Week 8 NFL Betting News
- Saints vs Vikings NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- NFL Week Eight Picks w/ Bill Burr (Ep. 622)
- How to Bet Packers at Rams NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick
- 49ers vs Cardinals NFL Week 8 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Colts vs Raiders NFL Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Jets vs Bears NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Preview
- How to Bet Ravens vs Panthers NFL Week 8 Spread
- Buccaneers vs Bengals NFL Week 8 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Seahawks vs Lions NFL Week 8 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Browns vs Steelers NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Week Eight NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 620)
- Redskins vs Giants 2018 NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Eagles vs Jaguars NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick
Even More Dolphins vs Steelers Archived Betting Articles
- Posts not found