Philadelphia at Kansas City NFL Betting Spread & Pick for Week 2When: Sunday, September 17 at 1 PM EST Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City TV: FOX Radio: SportsRadio 94WIP (Philadelphia) / KCFX – FM 101.1 (Kansas City) NFL Betting Odds: Kansas City Chiefs -5 (-110)
Why Bet on the Philadelphia Eagles?The Philadelphia Eagles started last season very well, thanks in large part to some great work from QB Carson Wentz, who at that time was in his rookie season. It was not something that they could sustain, though, and they ended up slipping to a 7-9 record in 2016. Wentz made a great start this year, throwing for over 300 yards and 3 TD’s, leading the Eagles to a 30-17 win over the Washington Redskins in Week 1. The Eagles have not played the Chiefs very often over the years, with their last meeting coming back in 2013. It was the Chiefs who won that one, but the Eagles have actually had the best of this match-up, going 3-2 versus Kansas City. Philadelphia are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games, but are just 2-6 ATS in their last 8 road games, and only managed a single win in those 8 match-ups. The OVER seems to be a good bet when the Eagles are on the road, with 10 of their last 13 games hitting that mark.
Latest NFL Betting Trends
- The Philadelphia Eagles are 4-1 ATS in its last 5 NFL games
- Total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia Eagles’ last 6 games
- The Philadelphia Eagles are 2-6 ATS in its last 8 NFL games on the road
- Philadelphia Eagles are 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Philadelphia Eagles’ last 13 NFL games on the road
Why Bet on the Kansas City Chiefs?There were a lot of people who believed that the Kansas City Chiefs would be one of the best teams in the AFC this year, but very few people picked them to go into Foxboro in Week 1 and hammer the Patriots in the fashion that they did. Leading the way in the opening week was QB Alex Smith. This is a guy that is under a bit of pressure this season, especially with the Chiefs drafting a QB in the opening round. The feeling is that if Smith doesn’t deliver the goods in the postseason this year, it may be Patrick Mahomes who gets the nod next year. That said, if Smith can play the way he did in Week 1 for the rest of the season, he will not need to worry about job security come season’s end. As mentioned earlier, the Chiefs are great at home, going 12-3 SU in their last 15 games at Arrowhead. Where they have not been very good at home is ATS, where they are just 3-9 in their last 12. 7of the last 8 games that KC have played at home have gone UNDER.
Latest NFL Betting Trends
- The Kansas City Chiefs are 6-2 ATS in its last 8 NFL games
- Kansas City Chiefs are 11-3 SU in its last 14 games
- The Kansas City Chiefs are 3-9 ATS in its last 12 NFL games at home
- Kansas City Chiefs are 12-3 SU in its last 15 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Kansas City Chiefs’ last 8 NFL games at home