For a few weeks, it has looked as though the top seed in the NFC was going to be won by the Philadelphia Eagles, but as we head into the NFL Week 14 betting action, there are a few other teams that have thrown their hats into the ring. The Minnesota Vikings are in the hunt, as are the New Orleans Saints, although their loss to the Falcons on Thursday night will have hurt their chances. The LA Rams are another team that has a legitimate shot at being the top team in the NFC, and their opportunity to be the top dog can get a whole lot better if they can find a way to win against the Eagles on Sunday afternoon.
This is arguably the best match-up of the week and one that could go a long way towards deciding the playoff seedings at the end of the season. The Rams have been a pleasant surprise and will be looking to take advantage of an Eagles team that is coming off their first loss in weeks. The Rams are a 2-point home favorite, with the point total for this one set at 48.
Philadelphia (10-2) at Los Angeles (9-3) Game Analysis & NFL Week 14 Betting Pick
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) 8 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 10 at 4:25 PM EST
- Where: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, LA
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 93.3 FM (Philadelphia) / 710 AM (Los Angeles)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 14 Betting Odds: Los Angeles Rams -2 (Over/Under at 48)
- Partly Cloudy: 26°C/79°F
- Humidity: 11%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 46%
- Wind: 3 mph NW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Philadelphia Eagles lead 7-3
- Score: Philadelphia Eagles 23.30 / Los Angeles Rams 17.70
- Rush Yards: Philadelphia Eagles 115.10 / Los Angeles Rams 130.40
- Pass Attempts: Philadelphia Eagles 33.20 / Los Angeles Rams 36.70
- Completion Percentage: Philadelphia Eagles 55.12 / Los Angeles Rams 57.77
- Passing Yards: Philadelphia Eagles 184.30 / Los Angeles Rams 214.20
- Total Yards: Philadelphia Eagles 299.4 / Los Angeles Rams 344.6
- Turnovers: Philadelphia Eagles 2.10 / Los Angeles Rams 2.10
Why bet on the Philadelphia Eagles?
The Eagles saw a 9-game winning streak come to an end last week with a loss to the Seattle Seahawks, and while there was certainly no great shame in losing to a team like that, the Eagles will not want to slip to back to back defeats this close to the playoffs. Philly is in a safe spot in the NFC East, and are just one win away from clinching, but what they do not want to do late in the season is developing a habit of losing to teams that they may need to face in the playoffs. The Seahawks are one of those teams, and the Rams are sure to be another, as they look to be a lock for the postseason.
More importantly, the Eagles will want to make sure that they lock up one of the top two spots so that they can avoid the potential trap of a Wild Card game. The Eagles are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against the Rams and are also 6-1 ATS in their last 7 against them.
- Average Score For: 30.08
- Total Yards: 385.08
- Rush Yards: 143.33
- Passing Yards: 241.75
- Average Score Against: 17.92
- Total Yards: 293.16
- Rush Yards: 68.08
- Passing Yards: 225.08
Why bet on the LA Rams?
The Rams are in a somewhat similar position to Philadelphia in that they need to prove themselves against teams headed to the postseason. The Rams last loss came in Week 11 when they went down to the Minnesota Vikings, a team vying for top spot in the conference. LA has put together back to back wins since that loss but will be looking for a signature win in this one.
They have had very little success against the Eagles in recent years, but this Rams team is not anything like what we have seen from this franchise in a while. They are an offensively gifted bunch that can also play some defense if needed, and it may be this weekend against the high-powered Eagles offense. The Rams are 4-2 SU and ATS in home games this season.
- Average Score For: 30.08
- Total Yards: 372.67
- Rush Yards: 114.75
- Passing Yards: 257.92
- Average Score Against: 18.50
- Total Yards: 333.75
- Rush Yards: 122.83
- Passing Yards: 210.92
Latest NFL Week 14 Betting Trends
- Eagles are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games
- Eagles are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games
- Rams are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Rams are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Rams’ last 6 games
Expert NFL Week 14 Betting Pick & Score Prediction
I think this one may well end up being a push as far as the spread goes, but I am going to take a chance here and go with the Rams to win and cover, with the point total falling UNDER.
Score: Philadelphia Eagles 21 – LA Rams 24