Week 13 of the NFL season is upon us, and the push for the playoffs is on, with a lot of teams still very much in the hunt. There are a few teams who are on the brink of winning their division over the next week or two, which should help alleviate some of the pressure for that group in the final few weeks of the season. One team that is close to wrapping up a division title are the week 13 NFL odds favorite Minnesota Vikings, and they are doing it by playing great defense and getting some stellar input from a backup QB.
This week will be a tough one for the Vikings, as they will need to go on the road to face an Atlanta Falcons team that seems to have sprung back to life in the second half. The Falcons are still not reaching the heights they soared to last season, but they are currently in a Wild Card spot in the NFC and are still in with a shot at winning the division.
The Falcons are a 3-point home favorite for this one, with the point total set at 47.
Minnesota (9-2) at Atlanta (6-5) NFL Odds & Expert Preview
.@casekeenum7 has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Month!
— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) 30 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 3 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 106.9 FM (Minnesota) / 92.9 FM (Atlanta)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- NFL Odds: Atlanta Falcons -3EV (Over/Under at 47)
- Partly Cloudy: 16°C/61°F
- Humidity: 60%
- Precipitation: 1%
- Cloud Cover: 43%
- Wind: 4 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Tied 5-5
- Score: Minnesota Vikings 23.30 / Atlanta Falcons 21.90
- Rush Yards: Minnesota Vikings 137.50 / Atlanta Falcons 132.90
- Pass Attempts: Minnesota Vikings 32.40 / Atlanta Falcons 32.70
- Completion Percentage: Minnesota Vikings 62.35 / Atlanta Falcons 62.69
- Passing Yards: Minnesota Vikings 210.50 / Atlanta Falcons 220.60
- Total Yards: Minnesota Vikings 348.00 / Atlanta Falcons 353.5
- Turnovers: Minnesota Vikings 1.50 / Atlanta Falcons 1.90
Why consider the Vikings NFL Odds?
If you asked the average football fan to name 3 or 4 players on the Minnesota Vikings roster, most would probably have a very tough time. Perhaps this is because defensive guys don’t always get the accolades that they deserve, and there can be no denying that this team is where they are because of the play of their D. This is a group that is giving up a little over 17 PPG, and while the Vikings are not really considered a true offensive threat, they are getting solid work from backup QB Case Keenum, who is keeping the job despite the fact that big money man Teddy Bridgewater is now healthy and waiting in the wings.
There seems to be no reason to change anything right now with the Vikings on a 7-game win streak. Minnesota has gone 5-2 SU in their last 7 visits to Atlanta, and are a solid 8-3 ATS this season.
- Average Score For: 24.64
- Total Yards: 375.72
- Rush Yards: 124.45
- Passing Yards: 251.27
- Average Score Against: 17.73
- Total Yards: 290.36
- Rush Yards: 75.45
- Passing Yards: 214.91
Why consider the Falcons NFL Odds?
After a very shaky start to the season, the Atlanta Falcons appear to be finding their feet, as they have now reeled off 3 straight wins. Their 7-4 record has them in the Wild Card in the NFC, but they are still within reach of the Panthers and Saints, who will go head to head this weekend. Fans of the Falcons still not get too carried away, though, as 2 of those 3 wins came against the Buccaneers and Cowboys, a pair of teams that are definitely there for the taking this season.
This game will serve as a much better indicator of where this Falcons team is currently at right now, as Matt Ryan and his offense are going to be put to the test against one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Falcons are 3-2 SU and ATS at home this season and are just 5-6 ATS overall.
- Average Score For: 24.09
- Total Yards: 373.55
- Rush Yards: 117.00
- Passing Yards: 256.55
- Average Score Against: 20.91
- Total Yards: 321.82
- Rush Yards: 113.91
- Passing Yards: 207.91
Latest Betting Trends for NFL Week 13
- Vikings are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- Vikings are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games
- Falcons are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games when playing Minnesota
- Falcons are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 18 of Atlanta’s last 25 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This has all the makings of a tight battle that is going to go all the way down to the wire. Both teams are rolling right now, but I believe it will be the Vikings who come away with the win here, with the total falling UNDER.
Score: Minnesota Vikings 24 Atlanta Falcons 21