Last week proved that it is still too early to be talking about teams and their chances of winning the Super Bowl this season. We saw previously unbeaten teams fall, while also seeing a couple of others get out of Week 4 by the skin of their teeth. Everyone has been hyping the Patriots, Cowboys, and Chiefs in the early going, but they were all close to losing last weekend. The Cowboys did go down to the Saints, while the other two got out unscathed by the very slimmest of margins.
While we need to apply the same principal when talking about struggling teams, it does appear to be a little clearer in that regard, as there are a few who are very much on the brink of seeing their playoff hopes dashed in the next week or two. The Atlanta Falcons are one of those teams, as they are off to a brutal start this season. They will try to tur the ship in the right direction this weekend when they head into Houston to face the Texans, but as the trends will show, it will be no easy task. The Texans are favored by 5 points at home, with the point total set at 48 ½.
Falcons vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Sunday, October 6 at 1 PM EST
- Where: NRG Stadium, Houston
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 5 Odds: Houston Texans -5 (Total 48.5)
- Mostly Sunny: 33°C/91°F
- Humidity: 61%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 23%
- Wind: 6 mph ENE
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Why bet on the Atlanta Falcons?
After 4 games this season, the Falcons find themselves sitting in the cellar in the NFC South, going 1-3 through the first month. The Falcons have now lost back to back games and are winless on the road in 2 attempts this year. There are a lot of reasons for concern for Atlanta, but it is their lack of offense that is perhaps the most alarming.
With just 70 points scored through their first 4 games, the Falcons have the second worst output of any team in the NFC, which is surprising given the weapons that they have on the offensive side of the football. The falcons are just 1-6 ATS in their last 7 road games, but things get worse in non-conference games. Versus the AFC, Atlanta has failed to cover in each of their last 13 games.
- Points per Game: 20.00
- Passing Yards: 295.33
- Rushing Yards: 74.33
- Yards per Play: 6.09
- Points per Game: 25.00
- Passing Yards: 211.33
- Rushing Yards: 100.00
- Yards per Play: 5.10
Why bet on the Houston Texans?
Once Andrew Luck announced his retirement, there was always a feeling that the AFC South was going to be tight, which has indeed proven to be the case. The Texans are sitting at 2-2 after their first 4 games, but they hold the top spot in the division despite having the exact same record as the other 3 teams.
They are there because they are unbeaten in division and conference play, which also means that they are winless versos the NFC. Playing non-conference games has been an issue for this team, as they are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games versus the NFC. While they are 5-1 SU in their last 6 October games, they are also just 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games played in Week 5.
- Points per Game: 22.67
- Passing Yards: 236.00
- Rushing Yards: 115.00
- Yards per Play: 5.95
- Points per Game: 20.67
- Passing Yards: 277.67
- Rushing Yards: 108.00
- Yards per Play: 6.03
Texans vs Falcons NFL Betting Trends
- Falcons are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games
- Falcons are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 8 games played in week 5
- Texans are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in October
- Texans are 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games played in week 5
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Texans vs Falcons
Both of these teams will be looking to bounce back after disappointing outings at home in Week 4. It is Atlanta’s inability to get the job done in non-conference games that has me leaning the way of the Texans on Sunday.
Score: Atlanta Falcons 17 – Houston Texans 23
More Week 5 NFL Betting News
- Cowboys vs Texans NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Preview
- Week Five NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 610)
- Jaguars vs Chiefs NFL Week 5 Betting Odds & Prediction
- Vikings vs Eagles NFL 5 Spread & Betting Preview
- Rams at Seahawks NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Info
- Falcons at Steelers NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Raiders at Chargers NFL Week 5 Spread & Prediction
- Cardinals vs 49ers NFL Week 5 Lines & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Titans vs Bills NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Preview
- Dolphins vs Bengals NFL Week 5 Odds & Preview
- Giants at Panthers NFL Week 5 Spread & Game Info
- Ravens vs Browns NFL Week 5 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Broncos at Jets NFL Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- NFL Week 5 Parlay Picks
Even More Falcons vs Texans Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Week 5 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 15 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 2 in 2020
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Falcons vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- NFL Week 1 Sure Winners and Betting Predictions
- NFL Divisional Round Over/Under Picks – Jan 10th
- Week 17 NFL Playoff Scenarios For The Final Week!
- Winning NFL Betting Picks for Week 6
- NFL Week 5 Top Betting Predictions