Detroit at NY Giants Odds, Preview & NFL Betting PickWhen: Monday, September 18 at 8:30 PM EST Where: MetLife Stadium, NYC TV: ESPN Radio: Sirius XM Radio Live Stream: NFL Game Pass NFL Betting Lines: New York Giants -3 (-115)
Why bet on the Detroit Lions at +3?We all love to talk about how much money players make, and whether they are worth it or not. When Matthew Stafford received his latest contract extension, there were plenty who believe that the Lions had overpaid. Those folks were quick to crow when Stafford delivered a Pick-6 early on in Week 1, but they were soon silenced, as he took over in the 4th quarter, leading Detroit to a 35-23 win over the Cardinals. Detroit scored 20 points in the 4th quarter, and Stafford ended the game with close to 300 yards passing and 4 TD’s. The Lions look as though they will be fine on offense, but the big question here is what they will do on the defensive side of the football. They gave up over 260 yards through the air in Week 1, although they did look solid against the run. That may come in handy this week if OBJ cannot go again. The Lions come in as 3-point underdogs, which is no real surprise when you consider that they have only won 3 of their last 9 meetings with the Giants. The good news is that they are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 visits to MetLife Stadium.
NFL Betting Trends
- The Detroit Tigers are 1-5 ATS in its last 6 NFL games
- Detroit Tigers are 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Detroit Tigers’ last 12 NFL games
- Detroit Tigers are 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- The Detroit Tigers are 2-6 SU in its last 8 NFL games on the road
Why bet on the New York Giants at -3?Are the Giants really as bad as they looked in Week 1, or where they just dominated by a very good Dallas Cowboys team? We probably won’t really have an answer for another couple of weeks, or at least until Odell Beckham Jr is back in the line-up. Eli Manning completed a lot of passes in Week 1, but most were of the short variety. The explosiveness that OBJ brings to this team was clearly missing, and the offense looked totally powerless without him. He is listed as questionable for this Monday, and even if he returns, how effective can we expect him to be. The defense of the Giants did not hold up very well, and things could have been a whole lot worse than 19-3 if the Cowboys had kept their foot on the gas. The Giants are 5-0 SU and 5-1 ATS in their previous home games, and while these two teams tend to favor the UNDER, 4 of their last 5 meetings in New York have gone OVER.
NFL Betting Trends
- The New York Giants is 9-4 SU in its last 13 NFL games
- Total has gone UNDER in 8 of New York Giants’s last 10 games
- The New York Giants is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 NFL games at home
- New York Giants is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New York Giants’s last 5 NFL games at home