There are only 2 weeks left in the NFL season, and with lots still to play for, this is when teams start to get into a bit of a chess game. The goal of the teams still in the hunt is to get the highest seeding available, so that home field advantage come into the conversation. Once teams have gone as high as they can go, they then need to decide who to rest ahead of the postseason, if they decide to even go that route. Believe it or not, there is also a bit of a chess game going on down at the bottom of the standings, too, as there are draft picks come into the equation.
It already looks as though the Cincinnati Bengals are going to be landing the #1 pick in the upcoming draft, but we are not sure how the order will go below them. The New York Giants and the Washington Redskins are in that mix and we might get an idea of how high they want to be in the draft when they hook up on Sunday. The Redskins are favored by 2 ½ at home, with the point total set at 42.
Giants vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread, Game Info & Pick
- When: Sunday, December 22 at 1 PM EST
- Where: FedEx Field, Landover
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 16 Spread: Washington Redskins -2.5 (Total 42)
Why bet on the New York Giants?The biggest question we all have ahead of this one is about who will be under center for the New York Giants. Rookie QB Daniel Jones is once again listed as questionable, which means Eli Manning might get the start for the 3rd straight week, which makes you wonder of the Giants are showcasing the veteran a little ahead of a move this offseason.
The Giants come into this one with a 3-11 record on the year and they are coming off a 36-20 win over the Miami Dolphins that suggest that they are not interested in tanking the final few games to secure the #2 pick in the draft. The Giants beat the Redskins 24-3 when they met earlier this season, so it’s perhaps a little surprising to see them in as the underdog. New York has covered in 9 of their last 13 versus Washington.
- Points per Game: 20.21
- Passing Yards: 222.14
- Rushing Yards: 96.93
- Yards per Play: 5.13
- Points per Game: 27.29
- Passing Yards: 261.79
- Rushing Yards: 115.07
- Yards per Play: 5.72
Why bet on the Washington Redskins?The Washington Redskins have the same 3-11 record as the Giants coming into this one, but they are also on a 2-game losing skid after winning back to back games versus the Lions and the Panthers.
As so often seems to be the case with this franchise, much of the focus is on what is happening off the field as opposed to on it, with Urban Meyer sitting in a private box last week and fueling rumors that he might be the next head coach of the Redskins. The bigger issue for this team is how they play at home, where they are just 1-10 SU in their last 11. They are also just 1-7 ATS in their last 8 meetings with division opponents.
- Points per Game: 15.36
- Passing Yards: 168.21
- Rushing Yards: 101.07
- Yards per Play: 4.96
- Points per Game: 24.79
- Passing Yards: 227.36
- Rushing Yards: 136.43
- Yards per Play: 5.43
Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 16 Betting Trends
- Redskins are 3-11 SU in their last 14 games this season
- Redskins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Washington’s last 12 games played in December
- Giants are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games this season
- Giants are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games played in December
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Giants’ last 7 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Giants vs RedskinsWhile previous meetings between these teams have trended toward the under, I think that this total is low enough for the OVER to be a very good bet. I am taking the Giants to edge a close one.
Score: New York Giants 27 – Washington Redskins 24
More Week 16 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 16 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Last Minute Betting Picks to Place an NFL Parlay Ticket in Week 16
- Eagles Are NFL Spread Favorites to Close Out Week 16 on MNF
- NFL Betting Lines, Game Preview & Pick for Colts vs. Ravens in Week 16
- Can Steelers Back the Week 16 NFL Odds vs. Texans Without Antonio Brown?
- How to Bet Rams vs. Titans NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Pick
- Visiting Chargers are the NFL Week 16 Odds Favorite Against Jets
- NFL Week 16 Lines & Prediction for Falcons vs. Saints
- How to Bet Giants at Cardinals NFL Odds & Game Info
- Broncos at Redskins Week 16 Odds & NFL Betting Pick
- NFL Week 16 Betting Analysis & Expert Pick: Seattle at Dallas
- Panthers Are Huge NFL Week 16 Spread Favorites Against Buccaneers
- Minnesota at Green Bay Week 16 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Can Win-less Browns Defy the NFL Odds for Week 16 vs. Bears?
Even More Giants vs Redskins Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2020 Week 6 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- Giants vs. Washington: October 18, 2020 Odds and Computer Picks
- NFC East News & Odds: Will Division Champion Have Winning Record?
- 2020 NFL Week 4 ATS Expert Analysis
- NFL NFC East Divisional Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC East Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- Giants 41 vs Redskins 35 Result NFL Week 16 Score
- Giants vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread, Game Info & Pick
- Redskins vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Game Analysis
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Redskins vs Giants 2018 NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- 2018 NFC East NFL Odds & Picks