Every fan that follows the NFL knows that every team is eventually going to go through a bit of a down period. Given the salary cap and the manner in which most teams try to juggle the numbers, it stands to reason that the time will eventually come when they need to ditch the creative accounting and rebuild. There are a few teams who seem immune to this, while there are a couple of others who don’t seem to be able to figure it out at all. The NFL Week 14 odds underdog Cleveland Browns are a team that falls into the latter category, as they have been struggling to be relevant for as long as anyone can remember.
This was the season that they were supposed to start moving in the right direction, but they actually look even worse than last year, which is bad when you consider that they went 1-15 in 2016. They will try to get their first win of the year when they welcome in the banged-up Green Bay Packers this coming weekend. The Packers come into this one as a 3-point road favorite, with the point total set at 40 ½.
Green Bay Packers vs. Cleveland Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
— Green Bay Packers (@packers) 7 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 10 at 1 PM EST
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 105.3 FM (Green Bay) / 98.5 FM (Cleveland)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- NFL Week 14 Odds: Green Bay Packers -3 (Over/Under at 40.5)
- Overcast: -3°C/27°F
- Humidity: 58%
- Precipitation: 15%
- Cloud Cover: 97%
- Wind: 18 mph WSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 4 Games)
- Record: Green Bay Packers lead 3-1
- Score: Green Bay Packers 29.00 / Cleveland Browns 12.25
- Rush Yards: Green Bay Packers 161.00 / Cleveland Browns 91.00
- Pass Attempts: Green Bay Packers 32.50 / Cleveland Browns 34.00
- Completion Percentage: Green Bay Packers 70.00 / Cleveland Browns 52.94
- Passing Yards: Green Bay Packers 246.50 / Cleveland Browns 179.75
- Total Yards: Green Bay Packers 407.5 / Cleveland Browns 270.75
- Turnovers: Green Bay Packers 0.75 / Cleveland Browns 2.00
Why bet on the Green Bay Packers?
Green Bay comes into Week 14 with a 6-6 record and a shot at making the playoffs if they can win out. There is help on the horizon, too, as reports out of Green Bay suggest that Aaron Rodgers might be ready to return to the fold in Week 15. If Brett Hundley can find a way to lead the Packers to victory over the Browns and get this team back over .500, it would all set up nicely for Rodgers to come in and do his thing in the final 3 weeks.
The Packers have played well the last couple of weeks, picking up the W against Tampa Bay last week, and putting in a very good performance in a loss to the Steelers in Week 12. Green Bay is 2-3 SU on the road this season, but have covered the spread in 3 of those games. They are 3-1 SU in their last 4 meetings with the Cleveland Browns, which is why they come into this one as the NFL Week 14 Odds favorite.
- Average Score For: 21.50
- Total Yards: 305.91
- Rush Yards: 108.58
- Passing Yards: 197.33
- Average Score Against: 23.42
- Total Yards: 354.84
- Rush Yards: 111.92
- Passing Yards: 242.92
Why bet on the Cleveland Browns?
You look at the games left on the Browns schedule this season and you see a team that almost looks destined to go winless this year. The game against the Bears in a couple of weeks looks like a chance for a win, but you could also say that the Browns have a shot against a Packers team that is missing their best player. That said, you also need to wonder where the Browns offense is going to come from, especially since they are only managing around 14 PPG this season.
They have tightened up a little on the defensive side of the football over the past 3 weeks, but are still giving up over 25 PPG on the season. Not only are the Browns still winless through their first 12 games, they have not been particularly competitive, going just 3-9 ATS, which includes being 2-4 ATS in their own building.
- Average Score For: 14.67
- Total Yards: 308.58
- Rush Yards: 105.83
- Passing Yards: 202.75
- Average Score Against: 25.67
- Total Yards: 327.25
- Rush Yards: 96.92
- Passing Yards: 230.33
Latest NFL Week 14 Betting Trends
- Packers are 14-7 SU in their last 21 games
- Packers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games
- Browns are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games
- Browns are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Cleveland’s last 11 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I don’ think we are going to see much in the way of offensive fireworks here, and I think the Packers will back their NFL Week 14 odds to win. They will cover, albeit only just, and the point total will go UNDER.
Score: Green Bay Packers 21 – Cleveland Browns 17