Despite failing to their respective preseason playoff hopes in 2019, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Atlanta Falcons will both look to close out the regular season stretch run on a positive note after picking up victories in their respective Week 15 matchups. Now, with both teams looking to record consecutive victories, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their Week 16 NFL Odds.
Jaguars vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Analysis
- When: Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Radio: SiriusXM
- NFL Week 16 Spread: Atlanta Falcons -7 (Total 46.5)
Why Bet On Jacksonville?There aren’t many good reasons to back Jacksonville outside of the fact that the Jags picked up a 20-16 win over the reeling Oakland Raiders last weekend. The Jags have been limited to 20 points or less in six straight games while giving up 28 points or more in four of those contests.
Jacksonville has gone a respectable 5-5 under rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew II and the first-year signal-caller has been solid in throwing 17 TD passes against just five interceptions. Unfortunately, the Jags average an uninspiring 17.9 points per game (27th) while giving up 25.2 points per contest defensively (23rd).
- Points per Game: 17.86
- Passing Yards: 235.79
- Rushing Yards: 109.00
- Yards per Play: 5.39
- Points per Game: 25.21
- Passing Yards: 232.29
- Rushing Yards: 140.14
- Yards per Play: 5.98
Why Bet On Atlanta?Atlanta has won two straight games by beating Carolina 40-20 in Week 14 before pulling off a huge upset by taking out previously top-seeded San Francisco 29-22 last weekend. The Falcons have won four of six while not allowing more than 22 points in any victory.
Atlanta averages 23.5 points per contest (15th) while allowing 26.1 points per game defensively (25th). Veteran quarterback Matt Ryan has thrown at least two TD passes in four of Atlanta’s last six games.
- Points per Game: 23.50
- Passing Yards: 289.07
- Rushing Yards: 81.36
- Yards per Play: 5.54
- Points per Game: 26.07
- Passing Yards: 253.71
- Rushing Yards: 108.86
- Yards per Play: 5.77
Jaguars vs Falcons NFL Week 16 Betting Trends
- Falcons are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Falcons are 0-14 ATS in their last 14 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games played in week 16
- Jaguars are 4-10 SU in their last 14 games on the road
- Jaguars are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Jacksonville’s last 6 games played in December
Expert Analysis & Prediction for Jaguars vs FalconsWhile Jacksonville snapped a five-game skid by upsetting Oakland last weekend, I don’t think the Jags have nearly enough offense to keep up with the still dangerous Falcons. Atlanta has looked like a completely different team since coming back from their bye week and basically, the team we all thought they would be before the start of the regular season.
Not only are the Falcons playing very well on both sides of the ball, but Matt Ryan and company have also gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in December and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall. Jacksonville has gone a discouraging 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win and 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall. No matter how I look at it, the Falcons come out on top in this one!
Score: Jacksonville Jaguars 17 – Atlanta Falcons 31
More Week 16 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 16 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Last Minute Betting Picks to Place an NFL Parlay Ticket in Week 16
- Eagles Are NFL Spread Favorites to Close Out Week 16 on MNF
- NFL Betting Lines, Game Preview & Pick for Colts vs. Ravens in Week 16
- Can Steelers Back the Week 16 NFL Odds vs. Texans Without Antonio Brown?
- How to Bet Rams vs. Titans NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Pick
- Visiting Chargers are the NFL Week 16 Odds Favorite Against Jets
- NFL Week 16 Lines & Prediction for Falcons vs. Saints
- How to Bet Giants at Cardinals NFL Odds & Game Info
- Broncos at Redskins Week 16 Odds & NFL Betting Pick
- NFL Week 16 Betting Analysis & Expert Pick: Seattle at Dallas
- Panthers Are Huge NFL Week 16 Spread Favorites Against Buccaneers
- Minnesota at Green Bay Week 16 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Can Win-less Browns Defy the NFL Odds for Week 16 vs. Bears?
Even More Jaguars vs Falcons Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2020 Week 9 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Week 5 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 3 Parlay Picks & Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Jaguars 12 vs Falcons 24 Result NFL Week 16 Score
- Jaguars vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Falcons vs Jaguars NFL Preseason Week 4 Odds, Analysis & Expert Pick
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Jaguars are Betting Underdogs vs. Falcons in NFL Preseason Week 4
- Jacksonville at Atlanta Preseason Week 4 Lines & Expert Pick
- Week 1 NFL Betting Predictions You Should Not Miss