The salary cap in the NFL is one that needs to be correctly worked if teams are to stay competitive for an extended period of time. There are a few teams in the league who have it down to a science, while others end up needing to go into a serious rebuilding stage because of cap mismanagement. The NFL Week 10 betting underdog Cleveland Browns are one team that are outliers of a sort, simply because it looks as though they have been in a rebuilding phase for decades.
They have simply not drafted well, with the Browns front office making some decisions that leave you scratching your head. It finally looked as though they had a very good draft and offseason prior to the start of the 2017 season, but the results have been the same, as the Browns come into this weekend with a 0-8 record.
They will be going against a Detroit Lions teams that has been a bit up and down this year, but who will still feel as though they can chase down the Minnesota Vikings to win the North. The Lions are an 11.5-point home favorite for this one, with the point total set at 43 ½.
Detroit at Cleveland NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Game Preview
“We’re going to do everything we can”
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) 9 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, November 12, 1 PM EST
- Where: Ford Field, Detroit
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 95.3 FM (Detroit) / 92.3 FM (Cleveland)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 10 Betting Odds: Detroit Lions -11.5 (Over/Under 43.5)
- All: Cleveland Browns 0-8 / Detroit Lions 4-4
- Home: Cleveland Browns 0-5 / Detroit Lions 1-3
- Away: Cleveland Browns 0-3 / Detroit Lions 3-1
- ATS: Cleveland Browns 2-6 / Detroit Lions 4-4
- Over/Under: Cleveland Browns 3-5 / Detroit Lions 5-3
Recent Head to Head (Last 4 Games)
- Record: Detroit Lions lead 3-1
- Score: Cleveland Browns 22.00 / Detroit Lions 24.00
- Rush Yards: Cleveland Browns 128.50 / Detroit Lions 94.00
- Pass Attempts: Cleveland Browns 29.00 / Detroit Lions 40.50
- Completion Percentage: Cleveland Browns 60.34 / Detroit Lions 58.64
- Passing Yards: Cleveland Browns 187.75 / Detroit Lions 265.75
- Total Yards: Cleveland Browns 316.75 / Detroit Lions 359.75
- Turnovers: Cleveland Browns 1.75 / Detroit Lions 2.75
Why bet on the Cleveland Browns?
There comes a point where you believe that this team may never break out of their slump, simply because of the decision they make and players they draft or sign somehow all end up being poor. The Browns decided to roll with QB DeShone Kizer this season, but have since benched the rookie a couple of times after poor showings. There are signs that he might be able to adapt to life in the NFL, but there are certainly going to be growing pains along the way. The same can be said for Myles Garrett, a good looking draft pick who has had injury issues this season.
As the campaign has gone on, the Browns have looked less and less likely to win, scoring a combined 63 points in their last 5 games. You can’t expect to win with any degree of regularity when you are averaging less than 13 PPG. The Browns are just 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games and 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 on the road.
- Average Score For: 14.88
- Total Yards: 301.24
- Rush Yards: 95.12
- Passing Yards: 206.12
- Average Score Against: 25.25
- Total Yards: 313.5
- Rush Yards: 84.25
- Passing Yards: 229.25
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?
The Detroit Lions started the season well enough, but 3 straight losses put them in a little bit of a hole and a game below .500. They put together a very solid performance on Monday night, though, picking up a 30-17 win over the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. That win puts them 2 games back of the Minnesota Vikings at the top of the division, and you need to like their chances of at least staying in the Wild Card hunt with a win this weekend.
Oddly enough, though, the Lions have saved their best performances for the road this season, where they are 3-1 SU versus 1-3 at Ford Field. They have only won 1 of their last 5 in their own building, and are just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 at home. That said, they should still be good enough to back the NFL Week 10 betting odds to win the game.
- Average Score For: 25.75
- Total Yards: 335.88
- Rush Yards: 79.88
- Passing Yards: 256.00
- Average Score Against: 23.25
- Total Yards: 341.88
- Rush Yards: 89.88
- Passing Yards: 252.00
Latest NFL Week 10 Betting Trends
- Browns are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games
- Browns are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cleveland’s last 16 games
- Lions are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games
- Lions are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games
Expert NFL Week 10 Betting Pick and Final Score Prediction
You take a look at the remaining games for the Browns and find it tough to see a game where they might actually pick up a win. This is one that I have marked down as a definite loss for Cleveland, as I have the Lions winning SU and ATS.
Score: Cleveland Browns 14 – Detroit Lions 30