In NFL Week 16, Denver hosts Detroit in a late-season “this one is for respect” game. Neither team has played to its potential this season. Detroit has played worse. That’s why the Lions are big underdogs against the spread. Will Detroit take it to the home team on Sunday? Or, will the Broncos notch a victory? See below for NFL odds, a preview and a free pick for Lions vs Broncos!
Lions vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread, How to Watch & Expert Preview
- When: Sunday, Dec. 22 at 4:05 pm ET
- Where: Empower Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
- TV: CBS
- ATS Odds: Denver -6 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 38
- Mostly Cloudy: 14°C/58°F
- Humidity: 34%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Wind: 7 mph WSW
- Cloud Cover: 67%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the Detroit Lions are a good bet +6 ½?
Although Detroit has played awful, they have played against much better teams than those they face on Dec. 22. On Thanksgiving, they had a chance to beat the rival Bears at home. They only lost by 4 points. The next week, they scored a touchdown versus playoff contender Minnesota. In Week 15, they faced Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers were on a 3-game winning streak heading into that matchup. The Lions might not win SU. They could keep this matchup closer than the spread, though.
- Total Yards: 360.9
- Passing Yards: 262.2
- Rushing Yards: 98.7
- Points Scored: 21.7
- Total Yards: 401.9
- Passing Yards: 288.6
- Rushing Yards: 113.2
- Points Allowed: 26.6
Why the Denver Broncos are a good bet -6 ½?
Denver lost to Kansas City last Sunday. They won the 2 games before facing the Chiefs, though. In Week 13, the Broncos beat the Chargers 23-20. Then in Week 14, they upset AFC South leader Houston 38-24. Denver has covered in 2-of-3 ATS. They’re 8-6 ATS in total. Also, the defense ranks eleventh in the NFL in points allowed per game.
- Total Yards: 300.7
- Passing Yards: 197.7
- Rushing Yards: 103.0
- Points Scored: 17.1
- Total Yards: 337.4
- Passing Yards: 223.9
- Rushing Yards: 113.6
- Points Allowed: 20.3
NFL Week 16 Betting Trends for Detroit Lions vs Denver Broncos
- Lions are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games following a double-digit home loss
- Detroit is 1-5 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Lions are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog
- Under is 4-1 in Detroit’s last 5 road games
- Denver is 4-1 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Broncos are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall
- Denver is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite
- Under is 7-1 in Broncos last 8 games as a favorite
Lions vs Broncos Final NFL Betting Analysis
Detroit is 3-10-1. So, there’s almost no chance the Lions get the first pick in next April’s Draft. That’s bad luck for Detroit. Right now, they are the worst team in the league, which means they deserve that first pick.
How bad are the Lions? They’re 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games. Detroit is 0-7 SU in their last 7. They’re so bad that some predict Detroit fires Matt Patricia after the season. That’s unheard of. Granted the offense has an excuse without Matthew Stafford. But Patricia is supposed to be a defensive-minded coach.
The Lions allow 26.6 points per game on average. They rank thirty-first in yards allowed per. Denver’s Drew Lock completed 81.5% of his passes versus Houston on Dec. 8. The Lions are so awful that Lock could provide similar performance on Sunday. That will lead to a Broncos win and cover.
NFL Free Pick: Broncos -6 ½
More NFL Week 16 Betting News
- Jaguars vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Saints vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines, Preview & Analysis
- Cardinals vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Prediction & Pick
- Rams vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Game Preview
- NFL Picks Week 16 (Ep. 766)
- Giants vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread, Game Info & Pick
- Panthers vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Ravens vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Raiders vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 16 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Steelers vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Expert Analysis
- Bengals vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Bills vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Texans vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Pick