For NFL fans who don’t really have a dog in the fight, there is nothing better than watching divisional races that are tight from start to finish. When you get into that situation, you end up with a Wild Card race that becomes really exciting in the final few weeks of the season. It’s a little too early to be talking about the playoffs, but we can certainly talk about the divisional battles that already look as though they are going to go right down to the final week.
The AFC South is one of those divisions, which is not entirely unexpected, with the other close battle going on in the NFC North. This is another division that we expected to be tight, but it’s even closer than we expected. It is the Green Bay Packers who have the lead right now, but after 5 weeks, all 4 teams have a winning record. Things are going to change again this weekend when the Detroit Lions go on the road to face the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. The Packers are favored by 4 points, with the point total set at 47.
Lions vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds & Monday Night Prediction
- When: Monday, October 14 at 8:15 PM EST
- Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 6 Odds: Green Bay Packers -4 (Total 47)
- Showers Late: 3°C/37°F
- Humidity: 84%
- Precipitation: 30%
- Cloud Cover: 71%
- Wind: 4 mph SSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?The Detroit Lions come into this week with a 2-1-1 record, but they are probably a little unfortunate not to be sitting with a perfect record at this stage of the season. They started the year with a game against the Arizona Cardinals that they looked to have in hand before gassing a lead in the 4th quarter and finishing in a tie. They then won back to back games before losing a close one to the Kansas City Chiefs in their last game.
The Lions have won 4 of their last 5 meetings with the Packers, but things are not quite so good at Lambeau, where they have won just 3 times in their last 20 visits. They are, though, 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in Green Bay, as well as being 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road overall.
- Points per Game: 24.25
- Passing Yards: 267.00
- Rushing Yards: 120.50
- Yards per Play: 5.72
- Points per Game: 23.75
- Passing Yards: 280.75
- Rushing Yards: 124.75
- Yards per Play: 5.79
Why bet on the Green Bay Packers?This is a season of change for the Packers with a new head coach in charge, and while there have been some rough patches, especially on the offensive side of the football, they have still managed to get off to a 4-1 start. The opening game of the season, a 10-3 win over the Chicago Bears, showed that there were going to be some growing pains for the new offense that has been put in place.
Aaron Rodgers and company appear to have settled into a groove now, though, as they are averaging a touch over 27 PPG in the 4 games following the Week 1 win. Conference games tend to be low-scoring for the Packers, though, with 6 of their last 9 versus conference foes going UNDER, as well as 5 of their last 5 versus the NFC North.
- Points per Game: 23.80
- Passing Yards: 244.20
- Rushing Yards: 93.00
- Yards per Play: 5.32
- Points per Game: 18.60
- Passing Yards: 238.60
- Rushing Yards: 138.20
- Yards per Play: 5.78
Lions vs Packers NFL Week 6 Betting Trends
- Packers are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games at home
- Packers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in October
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Green Bay’s last 7 games against Detroit
- Lions are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Green Bay
- Lions are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC North division
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Lions vs PackersThese games tend to be close, but given how poor the Lions have been on the road in Green Bay, I think this one might be a little different. I am taking the Packers to win and cover here.
Score: Detroit Lions 17 – Green Bay Packers 27
More Week 6 NFL Betting News
- Posts not found
Even More Lions vs Packers Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2020 Week 6 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- Lions 21 vs Packers 42 Result NFL Week 2 Score
- Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions: Odds and Computer Picks September 20, 2020
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC North Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: NFC North Free Agency Thoughts After Week 1
- Packers 23 vs Lions 20 Result NFL Week 17 Score
- Packers vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Lions vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds & Monday Night Prediction
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Lions at Packers NFL Week 17 Betting Lines & Analysis
- How to Bet Packers vs Lions NFL Week 5 Spread
- 2018 NFC North NFL Odds & Picks
- Can the Lions Cover the NFL Spread Against Packers in Week 17?