At the midway point of the season, it’s never good to be sitting out of the playoff spots in the NFL. Not only are those teams now in a position where they need to be close to perfect in the second half, they also need to start hoping that the teams sitting above them start to slip up and drop games. The way things are going in the NFC playoff race, it doesn’t really look as though the teams at the top are about to head into a tailspin.
All the pressure at this point is on the teams trying to stay in the Wild Card hunt, to the point where it’s likely that we are going to start seeing teams all but eliminated from playoff contention sooner rather than later. One of the teams very much on the brink in the AFC is the Detroit Lions. They are down in the #9 spot at the moment and desperately need a win this weekend to keep their very slim playoff hopes alive. They have a tricky trip to take on the Las Vegas Raiders this Sunday and will be heading there as a 2-point underdog. The point total for this one is set at 50 ½.
Lions vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Preview
- When: Sunday, November 3 at 4:05 PM EST
- Where: RingCentral Coliseum, Oakland
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 9 Lines: Las Vegas Raiders -2 (Total 50.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 11%
- Precipitation: 9%
- Cloud Cover: 15%
- Wind: 10 mph SWS
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?
The Lions started the season with a 2-0-1 record before running into a slump that saw them drop 3 games in a row. They finally managed to break out of that with a win against the New York Giants last weekend, but they were made to work for it, eventually winning 31-26. The Lions are operating with a banged-up secondary, which means that they have been very susceptible in the passing game, which is something to keep in mind when looking at this one.
Detroit have won in 4 of their last 5 meetings with Las Vegas, plus they are proving to be a very decent bet against the spread in certain situations. The Lions are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games and are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games versus teams from the AFC.
- Points per Game: 24.83
- Passing Yards: 277.17
- Rushing Yards: 103.17
- Yards per Play: 5.81
- Points per Game: 26.67
- Passing Yards: 289.50
- Rushing Yards: 139.17
- Yards per Play: 6.12
Why bet on the Oakland Raiders?
When the whole Antonio Brown fiasco eventually played out in Oakland this offseason, most folks felt that the Raiders were going to be in for a very long season, especially given their tough early schedule. The fact that they have come through all that with a 3-4 record suggests that this team might be better than we thought.
Let’s not forget that 4 of their last 5 games have been played on the road, so they are not in really bad shape. On the downside, they are just 1-8 SU in their last 9 games versus teams from the NFC, but they have proven to be a good bet against the spread, going 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Points per Game: 21.17
- Passing Yards: 233.00
- Rushing Yards: 137.83
- Yards per Play: 6.03
- Points per Game: 27.50
- Passing Yards: 289.33
- Rushing Yards: 86.67
- Yards per Play: 6.28
Lions vs Raiders NFL Week 9 Betting Trends
- Raiders are 6-13 SU in their last 19 games
- Raiders are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 6 games this season
- Lions are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Oakland
- Lions are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Detroit’s last 15 games against an opponent in the AFC West division
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Lions vs Raiders
In this game, we are looking at a pair of QB’s who like chucking the ball all over the field, so we can expect some scoring. 4 of the last 6 meetings between these two have gone OVER, so let’s go for more of the same on Sunday.
Score: Detroit Lions 24 – Oakland Raiders 30
More Week 9 NFL Betting News
- Chargers vs Seahawks NFL Week 9 Spread & Preview
- Rams vs Saints NFL Week 9 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Cowboys NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- How to Bet Packers vs Patriots NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Texans vs Broncos NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Falcons vs Redskins NFL Week 9 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet Lions vs Vikings NFL Week 9 Spread & Pick
- Bears vs Bills NFL Week 9 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Week Nine NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 623)
- Steelers vs Ravens NFL Week 9 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Raiders vs 49ers NFL Week 9 Spread & Pick
- Chiefs at Browns NFL Week 9 Lines & Betting Preview
- Buccaneers vs Panthers NFL Week 9 Odds & Prediction
- NFL Week 9 Parlay Picks