While there are a bunch of teams who are gearing up for a run at the playoffs in the NFL over the next few weeks, there are also some teams that are resigned to playing out the string and looking ahead to next season. I would imagine that being a player on a poor team is about as tough as it gets, as it must not be easy to get up for a game when you know that it is essentially meaningless.
In the NFL, though, jobs are scarce, and careers can be short, so there are certainly guys who will be aware that the next few weeks will have them playing for a job next season.
Two teams that are out of the playoff conversation will go head to head this weekend, with the slumping Detroit Lions hitting the road to face the pretty woeful Washington Redskins. This is certainly not the most glamorous game on the schedule, but we need to take a look at it, as we are all about trying to deliver some winning picks. The Lions are favored by 3 ½ on the road, with the point total set at 41 ½.
Lions vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, November 24 at 1 PM EST
- Where: FedEx Field, Landover
- TV: FOX
- NFL Week 12 Odds: Lions -4
- Chance of Thunderstorm: 10°C/50°F
- Humidity: 68%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 12 mph WNW
- Cloud Cover: 23%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?
The Detroit Lions, who are sitting at 3-6-1, are probably going to need to close out the season with Jeff Driskell under center. The Matthew Stafford injury is set to keep him out for a few more weeks, and you would question the sanity of putting him back in the line-up with nothing to play for, which will certainly be the case when he is healthy.
It has been a rough stretch of games for the Lions, who have just 1 win in their last 7 and who have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 5. Further compounding the issue here is that they are a truly awful 1-16 SU in their last 17 visits to Washington. On a positive note, Detroit has covered the spread in 4 of their last 5 meetings with the Redskins.
- Average Score For: 24.40
- Total Yards: 379.90
- Pass Yards: 281.20
- Rush Yards: 98.70
- Average Score Against: 27.20
- Total Yards: 412.70
- Pass Yards: 288.50
- Rush Yards: 124.20
Why bet on the Washington Redskins?
As it stands at the moment, the Washington Redskins, who are 1-9 on the season, have a legitimate shot at landing the top pick in the NFL draft next season. Since beating the Miami Dolphins for their lone win of the year, the Redskins have gone back in the toilet, losing 4 in a row and getting progressively worse in terms of the number of points conceded in those games.
Washington went out and got Case Keenum at QB in the offseason, but they are now rolling the dice, with very mixed results, with Dwayne Haskins, their first round pick last year. Washington is 0-5 SU at home this season and are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games overall. 7 of their last 9 meetings with Detroit have gone UNDER the point total.
- Average Score For: 12.50
- Total Yards: 255.40
- Pass Yards: 169.50
- Rush Yards: 85.90
- Average Score Against: 25.30
- Total Yards: 369.50
- Pass Yards: 235.60
- Rush Yards: 133.90
NFL Week 12 Betting Trends for Lions vs Redskins
- Lions are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 games
- Lions are 1-6 SU in the last 7 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
- Redskins are 2-7 ATS in the last 9 games
- Redskins are 1-11 SU in the last 12 games
- The total went UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 7 games
Lions vs Redskins Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
There really isn’t a lot to like about either of these teams at the moment, but one of them has to win. While the Lions have been brutal against the Redskins in recent season, I think they are just a little bit better, which is why I am on them to win and cover.
Detroit Lions 21 Washington Redskins 13
More NFL Week 12 Betting News
- Broncos vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 12 Spread & Game Info
- Cowboys vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Ravens vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 12 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Seahawks vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds & Game Preview
- Raiders vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 12 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Jaguars vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 12 Lines & Betting Pick
- Lions vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 12 Daily Fantasy Football & Myles Garrett (Ep. 754)
- Panthers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 12 Spread & Game Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 12 Lines & Betting Preview
- Dolphins vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colts vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 12 Betting Lines & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2019 NFL Week 12 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game