It’s a short week for the Minnesota Vikings off a tough loss in Seattle on Monday as the Vikes look to complete the season sweep Sunday of NFC North rival and the last-place Detroit Lions. They are the biggest Week 14 underdogs on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Lions vs Vikings NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, December 8th, 2019 at 1 PM ET
- Where: US Bank Stadium
- TV: Fox
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 14 Odds: Minnesota Vikings -13 (Total 44)
Lions vs Vikings Last MeetingIn Week 7, the Vikings were 42-30 winners in Detroit. Kirk Cousins was 24 of 34 for 337 yards and four TDs, tying a career high. He led the Vikings on four straight TD drives starting in the first quarter and ending in the third, going ahead for the first time on a 5-yard pass to C.J. Ham to make it 28-21. Dalvin Cook had 25 carries for 142 yards rushing and two TDs.
Matthew Stafford also threw four TD passes, all to Marvin Jones, and became the fastest to reach 40,000 yards passing in NFL history. Jones became the first Lions player in the Super Bowl era with four receiving TDs in a game and joined Jerry Rice and Sterling Sharpe as the only players in the league since 1950 to catch four TD passes in two games.
Why Bet on Detroit?The Lions lost their fifth straight game on Thanksgiving, 24-20. They had to start third-stringer David Blough at QB due to injuries to Matthew Stafford (out for season) and Jeff Driskel. Blough led Detroit’s last drive to the Chicago 26 in the final minute before losing 13 yards on a sack to leave a desperation pass as the only option and Eddie Jackson picked off his heave.
Blough completed 22-of-38 passes for 280 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. The undrafted free agent out of Purdue stunned everyone with a 75-yard touchdown strike to Kenny Golladay on the Lions’ opening possession. The Bears busted coverage and Blough did not miss. Blough then marched the offense down the field on its second series, finding Marvin Jones for an eight-yard score. But Blough struggled from that point on.
Golladay caught 4-of-4 targets for 158 yards and a touchdown. Jones caught 3-of-6 targets for 40 yards and a touchdown. Bo Scarbrough rushed 21 times for 83 yards. Scarbrough’s long run was a modest 15, though he had a 22-yarder called back by a block in the back penalty.
The Rookie Once AgainIt will be Blough again here because Driskel was put on season-ending injured reserve. The Lions signed QB Kyle Sloter off the Cardinals’ practice squad to backup Blough. Also placed on injured reserve was first-round rookie tight end TJ Hockenson due to an ankle injury. Hockenson stormed out of the gates by catching 6-of-9 targets for 131 yards and a touchdown in his Week 1 NFL debut, but he struggled to see consistent targets afterwards and surpassed 50 yards in just one other game.
Detroit has led in every game this season yet had just 3 wins.
- Points per Game: 23.33
- Passing Yards: 271.67
- Rushing Yards: 105.58
- Yards per Play: 5.75
- Points per Game: 26.25
- Passing Yards: 280.00
- Rushing Yards: 118.00
- Yards per Play: 5.98
Why Bet on Minnesota?The Vikings fell out of first place in the NFC North with their 37-30 loss in Seattle on Monday. The Vikings were up 17-10 at the half but Seattle scored 24 straight out of the break. Seattle scored 27 of its 37 points in the end half, which was the 2nd-most points allowed by the Vikings after halftime under Mike Zimmer. The Seahawks owned a nearly 2-to-1 time of possession advantage. The Vikings set season worsts in points, rushing yards (218) and rushing touchdowns allowed (2). After entering Week 13 with the No. 5 run defense (94.2 YPG), Minnesota was carved up.
The Seahawks remain a thorn in Zimmer’s side as the only NFC team he has failed to beat as Vikings coach. Zimmer is 0-3 vs. Seattle, including a loss in the 2015 wild-card game. Minnesota (8-4) fell a game behind Green Bay in the NFC North and is only one game ahead of the Los Angeles Rams in the wild-card race.
Cook-in?The Vikings lost star running back Dalvin Cook to a shoulder injury when he fumbled midway through the third quarter in what became a major turning point. Cook, who was on the injury report with a chest injury, told media members following the game that he was hit by Seahawks defensive end Jadeveon Clowney in that same area. Cook says he expects to play in this one. With him out, rookie Alexander Mattison finished the game with 22 rushing yards on four carries and four catches for 51 yards through the air. The Vikings also lost left tackle Riley Reiff in the second half because of a concussion.
Kirk Cousins completed 22-of-38 passes for 276 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Cousins wasn’t the problem in this one. His interception was a lucky grab by Tre Flowers. Having Adam Thielen (hamstring) would have really helped Monday night. Cousins’ touchdowns went to Laquon Treadwell from 58 yards out and a three-yard hookup to Kyle Rudolph, both coming in the fourth quarter with the Vikings making a comeback. Cousins is now 0-8 all-time on Monday night as a starter.
- Points per Game: 26.58
- Passing Yards: 239.42
- Rushing Yards: 137.08
- Yards per Play: 6.12
- Points per Game: 20.17
- Passing Yards: 242.92
- Rushing Yards: 104.50
- Yards per Play: 5.38
Lions vs Vikings NFL Week 14 Betting Trends
- Under is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings in Minnesota
- Favorite is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Lions are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games this season
- Lions are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games against an opponent in the NFC North division
- Vikings are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home
- Vikings are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games played in week 14
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games this season
Expert Final Score Prediction for Lions vs VikingsDetroit Lions 20 – Minnesota Vikings 30
More Week 14 NFL Betting News
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction
- Colts vs Texans NFL Week 14 Lines & Game Preview
- Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- Saints at Buccaneers NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Ravens vs Chiefs NFL Week 14 Odds & Expert Pick
- Bengals vs Chargers NFL Week 14 Lines & Betting Pick
- Broncos vs 49ers NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Panthers vs Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Preview
- Rams vs Bears NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
Even More Lions vs Vikings Archived Betting Articles
- NFL NFC North Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season
- Vikings 37 vs Lions 35 Result NFL Week 17 Score
- Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions Opening Line and Early Picks January 3, 2021
- NFL Week 15 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- Vikings vs. Lions Line and Betting Trends November 8, 2020
- NFL Week 9 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC North Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: NFC North Free Agency Thoughts After Week 1
- Lions 7 vs Vikings 20 Result NFL Week 14 Score
- Lions vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Vikings 42 @ Lions 30 Result NFL Week 7 Score
- Vikings vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 7 Lines, Analysis & Game Pick
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest