The Los Angeles Chargers (1-4), losers of four straight games, play the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5), who are on a five-game losing streak, on Sunday, October 25, 2020 at . Los Angeles is favored by 8.0 points in the game. The contest’s over/under is set at 49.5.
- Game Day: Sunday, October 25, 2020
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel:
- Location: ,
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chargers Betting Insights
- Just three of Los Angeles’ five games this year have gone over the point total (40% of its opportunities).
- Los Angeles has compiled a 4-1 record against the spread this season.
- The average points per game output for the Chargers this season, 22, is 8.2 fewer than the 30.2 the Jaguars have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 0-2 and 2-0 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.2 points.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Half of Jacksonville’s games this year — three out of six — have gone over the point total.
- Jacksonville has put together a losing 2-4 record against the spread this season.
- The average points per game output for the Jaguars this season, 20.8, is 4.2 fewer than the 25 the Chargers have given up in each contest.
- In games where Jacksonville scores at least 20.8 points this season, they are 1-2 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is 1-2 overall and 2-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 25 points.
|Chargers (-8)||Under (49.5)||Chargers 33 Jaguars 16|
- The Chargers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total (49.5 points) in 40% of their outings this season (two of five opportunities).
- The Jaguars have played in three games this year (out of six total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 49.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.7 fewer points per game (42.8) than this matchup’s total of 49.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 55.2 points per game, 5.7 more than the point total in this game.
- The average total the Chargers have had set in games this year is 2.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Jaguars this season is 1.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Chargers vs Jaguars: Last 5 Meetings
Los Angeles holds an edge against Jacksonville over the last five meetings between these two squads, putting together a 4-1 record in those games. In those games against the Jaguars, the Chargers have a 1-0 record against the spread. Los Angeles has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, scoring 164 points while Jacksonville put up 83.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/8/2019||Chargers||Jaguars||-3.5||42||-180||+155||525-252 LAC||45-10 LAC|
|11/12/2017||N/A||Jaguars||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||398-322 JAX||20-17 JAX|
|9/18/2016||N/A||Chargers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||388-357 JAX||38-14 SDC|
|11/29/2015||N/A||Jaguars||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||420-369 JAX||31-25 SDC|
|9/28/2014||N/A||Chargers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||407-320 SDC||33-14 SDC|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Chargers total over the last three games is 4.8 points more than the 49.5 total listed for this matchup.
- Los Angeles is 2-1 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three games.
- The over has been familiar to Los Angeles. They have gone over the total two times in the last three contests.
- The Jaguars have averaged a total of 50.7 combined points in their last three games, 1.2 greater than this matchup’s over/under of 49.5.
- Jacksonville has struggled to cover lately, going 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- Jacksonville has gone under the total two times in their last three outcomes.
Chargers: No Injuries Listed
Jaguars: No Injuries Listed
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Rumors & News: Julian Edelman Retires, Aaron Rodgers In the Spotlight Again & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 8th Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Might Become A TV Host
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 1st Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: 49ers Made Deal for a 3rd Pick in the 2021 Draft