The Green Bay Packers head to Kansas City as a slight favorite because Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes won’t play on Sunday, Oct. 27. Without Mahomes, does KC have any chance of keeping this close? Or, will the Packers win and cover as road favorites? Keep reading for NFL odds, a preview and a free pick for Packers vs Chiefs!
Packers vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Game Analysis & Expert Pick
- When: Sunday, Oct. 27 at 4:25pm ET
- Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
- TV: NBC
- Radio: Packers / Chiefs
- Live Stream: NBC Sports Live
- ATS Odds: Packers -4 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 48
- Partly Cloudy: 4°C/39°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 7 mph NNE
- Cloud Cover: 43%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the Green Bay Packers are a good bet -4 ½?
At 6-1, Green Bay has proven to be one of the top teams in the NFC. Only the San Francisco 49ers have a better record than the Green Bay Packers. On Sunday, the Packers face one of the absolute worst defenses in the NFL. Kansas City has trouble stopping most every team they face. They should have a terrible time stopping a team with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback. Green Bay has a big chance of beating the Chiefs and covering on Oct. 27.
- Total Yards: 373.4
- Passing Yards: 274.1
- Rushing Yards: 99.3
- Points Scored: 26.3
- Total Yards: 381
- Passing Yards: 252.1
- Rushing Yards: 128.9
- Points Allowed: 19.9
Why the Kansas City Chiefs are a good bet +4 ½?
Mahomes went down early in Kansas City’s game versus the Denver Broncos, but that didn’t stop the Chiefs offense from dominating one of the better defenses in the NFL. In fact, Matt Moore came in and provided somewhat of a spark. Moore completed 10-of-19 for 117 yards and a TD. The Chiefs defense also stepped it up. If Moore and the defense can provide a similar effort on Oct. 27, the Chiefs could hang with Green Bay on Sunday.
- Total Yards: 400.4
- Passing Yards: 318.1
- Rushing Yards: 82.3
- Points Scored: 28.9
- Total Yards: 377.4
- Passing Yards: 228.6
- Rushing Yards: 148.9
- Points Allowed: 21.4
NFL Week 8 Betting Trends for Packers vs Chiefs
- Packers are 4-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Packers are 5-2 ATS in the last 7 games overall
- The total went OVER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games
- Chiefs are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games in Week 8
- Chiefs are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 home games versus a team with a winning road record
- The total went OVER in 10 of Kansas City’s last 15 games
Packers vs Chiefs Final NFL Betting Analysis
Without Mahomes, it doesn’t look like the Chiefs have much of a shot against the Green Bay Packers. However, it’s hard to back the Packers at -4 ½. Why? Andy Reid employs a plug and play offensive system. Plugging in Matt Moore for Patrick Mahomes and then playing poses a massive challenge.
But, KC is capable of both passing and rushing the football. The Packers’ defense as good as it was earlier in the season, hasn’t shut down anybody lately. It gave up 34 points to Philadelphia, 24 to Dallas, 22 to Detroit, and 24 to Oakland last Sunday at Lambeau.
Expect Reid to put together a game plan that gets KC’s offense moving. That should keep the Chiefs in this game until the very end. Take the points.
NFL Free Pick: Kansas City Chiefs +4 ½
More NFL Week 8 Betting News
- Dolphins vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- NFL Picks Week Eight (Ep. 744)
- Raiders vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Panthers vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Giants vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Chargers vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 8 Betting Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Bengals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Week Eight Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 742)
- Cardinals vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Game Analysis & Prediction
- Jets vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Preview & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Browns vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 8 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick