The marquee game on Sunday afternoon in Week 5 is clearly Packers vs Cowboys in a matchup of division leaders – the Packers are tied for first in the NFC North, while the Cowboys are solo first in the NFC East. Dallas is a short NFL betting favorite.
How to Bet Packers vs Cowboys NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 4:25 PM ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium
- TV: Fox
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 5 Betting Lines: Dallas Cowboys -3.5 (Total 46.5)
Last MeetingIn Week 5 of the 2017 season, the Packers were 35-31 winners in Dallas. Aaron Rodgers threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Davante Adams with 11 seconds remaining. Rodgers capped a 75-yard drive in just 1:02. Aaron Jones had 19 carries for 125 yards and a touchdown.
Dak Prescott had given Cowboys the lead on an 11-yard touchdown run with 1:13 remaining to cap a 17-play drive that lasted almost nine minutes. Zeke Elliott rushed for 116 yards.
- Isolated Thunderstorms: 33°C/91°F
- Humidity: 55%
- Precipitation: 30%
- Cloud Cover: 28%
- Wind: 12 mph ENE
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Why Bet on Green Bay?The Packers are 3-1, marking the fourth time in the last five years and the ninth time since 2000 that they have won at least three of their first four games. Green Bay comes off a loss, though, 34-27 at home to Philadelphia in Week 4.
Aaron Rodgers completed 34-of-53 passes for 422 yards, two touchdowns and an interception, adding five rushes for 46 additional yards. He should have had a third touchdown, but the Pack came away from a 1st-and-goal at the one with four straight passes and no score to show for it.
Top WR Davante Adams caught 10-of-15 targets for 180 yards in the loss before departing with a toe injury. With the Packers driving late, Adams got his toe caught in the turf, marring what had been a career night. Adams remained sidelined at Wednesday’s practice and probably won’t play this week. Ditto for running back Jamaal Williams, who is dealing with a concussion. Aaron Jones should function as the Packers’ workhorse in Dallas this week.
Cheese-Heads against CowboysGreen Bay leads the regular-season series with Dallas, 15-13, while the two teams have each won four games against each other in the postseason. The Packers have won seven of the last eight contests (including playoffs). Out of the last 15 regular-season meetings between the two, 13 have been decided by 10-plus points. The two contests decided by single digits were a 35-31 win by the Packers in 2017, the last time Green played at Dallas, and a 37-36 Green Bay victory at Dallas in 2013.
Rodgers has started eight times against the Cowboys (including playoffs), with the Packers winning six of the contests. In those eight games, Rodgers has completed 198 of 293 passes (67.6 pct.) for 2,172 yards, 15 touchdowns, two interceptions and a passer rating of 103.5.
Green Bay has a .600 winning percentage (12-8) on the road in October since 2008, leading the NFC and ranking No. 3 in the NFL.
- Points per Game: 21.25
- Passing Yards: 251.50
- Rushing Yards: 86.25
- Yards per Play: 5.36
- Points per Game: 17.25
- Passing Yards: 188.00
- Rushing Yards: 142.25
- Yards per Play: 5.12
Why Bet on Dallas?The Cowboys didn’t allow a touchdown last week yet lost 12-10 in New Orleans. Dallas came in with the NFL’s third-ranked running attack, averaging 179 yards, and had scored no fewer than 31 points in a game. They scored one touchdown on nine possessions, gained 257 yards and converted four of 11 third downs. The Cowboys managed just 45 yards on the ground.
Ezekiel Elliott had 18 carries for 35 yards and a touchdown. Elliott never really got going in this one, with a long run of nine yards. He had more success in the pass game, catching 6-of-7 targets for 30 yards. Elliott’s touchdown came at the goal-line. Through four weeks, Elliott is on pace for 219 carries, 1,161 total yards, and six touchdowns.
Dak Prescott completed 22-of-33 passes for 223 yards and an interception. Prescott’s interception came on a Hail Mary on the final play. Amari Cooper caught 5-of-8 targets for 48 yards. Cooper was held in check by Marshon Lattimore most of the night. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith (ankle) is “unlikely” to play in Week 5 against the Packers.
What about injuries?Although Smith’s high-ankle sprain reportedly isn’t as severe as the injury normally tends to be, the stud tackle’s target date remains Week 6 against the Jets. If Smith cannot play Sunday, Jason Garrett said it would be “really all hands on deck,” as to who would become the swing tackle with Cameron Fleming moving into the starting lineup.
Pro Bowl defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence suffered a bruised right shoulder late in the New Orleans loss, but it is not expected to keep him out this week. Receiver Michael Gallup (knee) returned to practice Wednesday, getting in a limited session. Gallup has missed the last two games with a sprained MCL but is progressing in his recovery and could be back in the lineup. In the first two games, Gallup caught 13 passes for 226 yards.
- Points per Game: 32.33
- Passing Yards: 302.33
- Rushing Yards: 179.00
- Yards per Play: 7.44
- Points per Game: 14.67
- Passing Yards: 246.00
- Rushing Yards: 90.00
- Yards per Play: 5.33
Packers vs Cowboys NFL Week 5 Betting Trends
- Road team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Packers are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games on the road
- Packers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in October
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- Cowboys are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games played in week 5
- Cowboys are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC North division
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Dallas’ last 20 games against Green Bay
Expert Final Score Prediction for Packers vs CowboysGreen Bay Packers 20 – Dallas Cowboys 23
More Week 5 NFL Betting News
- Cowboys vs Texans NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Preview
- Week Five NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 610)
- Jaguars vs Chiefs NFL Week 5 Betting Odds & Prediction
- Vikings vs Eagles NFL 5 Spread & Betting Preview
- Rams at Seahawks NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Info
- Falcons at Steelers NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Raiders at Chargers NFL Week 5 Spread & Prediction
- Cardinals vs 49ers NFL Week 5 Lines & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Titans vs Bills NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Preview
- Dolphins vs Bengals NFL Week 5 Odds & Preview
- Giants at Panthers NFL Week 5 Spread & Game Info
- Ravens vs Browns NFL Week 5 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Broncos at Jets NFL Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- NFL Week 5 Parlay Picks
Even More Packers vs Cowboys Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2020 Week 7 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 9 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 8 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 3 in 2020
- NFL Betting – NFC Rivalry Games on the 2020 Calendar
- NFL Betting – Early Betting Guide for Week 1
- NFC Championship Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Packers vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Week 5 Betting Lines & Preview
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- ATS Betting Analysis & Picks for NFL Week 5
- Packers Are Underdogs Against the Cowboys in the NFL Week 5 Lines
- Worst Teams that Could Turn into Good NFL Betting Choices