Packers vs. Falcons NFL Week 2 Odds, Game Info & PickWhen: Sunday, September 17 at 8:30 PM EST Where: Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta TV: NBC Radio: 92.9 The Game (Atlanta) / 620 WTMJ (Green Bay) NFL Week 2 Odds: Atlanta Falcons -3 (105)
Why bet on the Green Bay Packers at +3?The Packers had the whole offseason to sit and think about the 44-21 hammering they took at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons in last season’s NFC Championship Game. They probably spent some time wondering about what could have been, because prior to get killed with injuries, the Packers were the hottest team in football at the end of the season. This is a team that is going to be very tough to beat this season, and they proved that with a Week 1 in against the Seattle Seahawks, another team that is likely playoff bound this year. It was the Packers defense that came up big in that 17-9 win, and they are probably going to need to deliver more of the same against Matt Ryan and his impressive offensive unit. With that win, Green Bay are now 9-1 in their last 10, with the Atlanta game being their only loss. The Packers have fared well on the road against the Falcons, going 4-2 ATS in their last 6 meetings there.
NFL Week 2 Trends
- The Green Bay Packers are 5-1 ATS in its last 6 NFL games
- Green Bay Packers are 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Green Bay Packers’ last 8 NFL games
- Green Bay Packers are 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Green Bay Packers’ last 8 NFL games on the road
Why bet on the Atlanta Falcons at -1?There was some genuine concern that the Falcons would start this season with a bit of a Super Bowl hangover, especially when you consider how they lost that game. It was also going to be interesting to see how this team would perform with a pair of new coordinators on the sideline, although Week 1 looked as though it would not be much of a test. How wrong we were about that one. The Falcons started out on the road against the Chicago Bears, and needed a goal line stand in the final seconds to avoid falling to a shock defeat. You can argue that this was not a great performance against a poor team, but you can also argue that this group proved that they are not as fragile as some might have thought. Atlanta ae now 7-1 in their last 8 games, and have won 4 of their last 5 at home, albeit in the Georgia Dome, not the Benz. The OVER has been the predominant outcome when playing the Packers, as 9 of the last 13 meetings between these two have gone that way.
NFL Week 2 Trends
- Atlanta Falcons are 7-1 SU in its last 8 NFL games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Atlanta Falcons’ last 10 games
- Atlanta Falcons are 4-1 SU in its last 5 NFL games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta Falcons’ last 5 games at home
- Atlanta Falcons are 8-4 ATS in its last 12 NFL games when playing Green Bay Packers.