The Carolina Panthers have yet to lose a game under backup quarterback Kyle Allen, and he gets the call again on Sunday as the Panthers come out of the bye week to face the only unbeaten team left in the NFC in the San Francisco 49ers, who are favored on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Panthers vs 49ers NFL Odds & TV Info
- When: Sunday, 4:05 PM ET
- Where: Levi’s Stadium
- TV: Fox
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Psss
- NFL Week 8 Odds: San Francisco 49ers -5.5 (Total 42)
Panthers vs 49ers Last Meeting
These teams opened the 2017 season against one another in San Francisco and the Panthers won 23-3. Cam Newton threw a pair of touchdown passes following San Francisco turnovers and the Carolina defense shut down Kyle Shanahan’s offense in his coaching debut.
Newton threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Russell Shepard in the first half following a fumble by Brian Hoyer, then a 9-yard touchdown to Jonathan Stewart in the third quarter after Luke Kuechly intercepted Hoyer, who is long gone from San Francisco now. The Niners finished with just 217 yards of offense.
- Sunny/Wind: 23°C/73°F
- Humidity: 24%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 0%
- Wind: 21 mph N
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Carolina?
The Panthers started 0-2 with Cam Newton under center and he hasn’t played since Week 2 due to a foot injury. However, he was at practice this week – that said, he has been ruled out for Sunday. Backup Kyle Allen keeps the job for at least one more week and he’s 5-0 in his NFL starting career when including Week 17 last year. That makes Allen the seventh quarterback in NFL history to begin his career with five straight wins.
Allen played well against Arizona and Tampa Bay this season but struggled against the Texans and the Jaguars. Those AFC South teams aren’t on the same level of the 49ers defense. Allen has completed 65.6 percent of his passes, with seven touchdowns and zero interceptions on the season. Allen’s completion percentage is 72.8% when there’s no pressure. That number drops to 43.3% when he’s under pressure. San Francisco ranks first in the NFL in total defense, allowing 223.5 yards a game.
Carolina’s best player so far has easily been tailback Christian McCaffrey, who is playing like an MVP. The eighth pick of the 2017 draft is on pace for 2,461 yards from scrimmage, which would be the second-most in NFL history behind the 2,509 yards Chris Johnson gained for Tennessee in 2009. He has 618 yards rushing and seven rushing touchdowns, equaling the career-high seven he had last season. He also has 35 catches (tied for 11th in the league) for 305 yards and two touchdowns.
This week, the Panthers placed cornerback Natrell Jamerson (foot) on injured/reserve and signed wide receiver DeAndrew White to the 53-man roster from the practice squad. Guard Trai Turner (ankle) and corner Donte Jackson (groin) are practicing so looking good for them to play. Turner’s return would shift Daryl Williams back to left guard. Greg Little’s (concussion) pending availability would also be a tremendous help in Allen’s fifth straight start.
- Points per Game: 27.67
- Passing Yards: 223.50
- Rushing Yards: 129.50
- Yards per Play: 5.50
- Points per Game: 22.17
- Passing Yards: 225.00
- Rushing Yards: 119.00
- Yards per Play: 4.94
Why Bet on San Francisco?
The 49ers earned a 9-0 win at Washington in Week 7 and advanced to 6-0 for the first time since 1990, when they began the season 10-0. The 49ers held the Redskins to 154 net yards of offense in the win. San Francisco is the sixth team since 1990 and the first since the 2005 New England Patriots (Weeks 13-15) to allow seven or fewer points and 200 or fewer net yards of offense in three consecutive games. San Francisco is unbeaten through six games for the first time since 1990.
For the dominant San Francisco defense, it was the first shutout of the season and the franchise’s first since Week 1 of the 2016 season. It was the first NFL game to finish 9-0 since Week 8 of 2010, when the Green Bay Packers beat the New York Jets.
Washington mustered only 154 net yards of offense and averaged 3.8 yards per play. The 49ers have surrendered just 10 points total the past three games. That’s the fewest they’ve allowed in a three-game span since Weeks 14-16 of the 1987 season.
Jimmy Garoppolo completed 12-of-21 passes for 151 yards with an interception in the win. Garoppolo didn’t need to do much with the Redskins offense getting shut out. He struggled in this one, underthrowing Dante Pettis badly on his interception and making a number of bad decisions. It’s the second week in a row Garoppolo has been held without a touchdown.
Matt Breida had eight carries for 35 yards in Week 7 against the Redskins. Breida missed a good portion of the second half getting evaluated for a concussion. He eventually returned. Tevin Coleman rushed 20 times for 62 yards. Receiver Marquise Goodwin also left the game with a head injury and was cleared from concussion protocol.
- Points per Game: 29.40
- Passing Yards: 228.40
- Rushing Yards: 179.80
- Yards per Play: 5.86
- Points per Game: 12.80
- Passing Yards: 151.80
- Rushing Yards: 87.20
- Yards per Play: 4.31
Panthers vs 49ers NFL Week 8 Betting Trends
- Favorite is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 meetings
- Over is 11-5 in the last 16 meetings
- Panthers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against San Francisco
- Panthers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- 49ers are 3-14 SU in their last 17 games played in October
- 49ers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the NFC South division
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games at home
Expert Final Score Prediction for Panthers vs 49ers
Carolina Panthers 17 – San Francisco 49res 20
More Week 8 NFL Betting News
- Saints vs Vikings NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- NFL Week Eight Picks w/ Bill Burr (Ep. 622)
- How to Bet Packers at Rams NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick
- 49ers vs Cardinals NFL Week 8 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Colts vs Raiders NFL Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Jets vs Bears NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Preview
- How to Bet Ravens vs Panthers NFL Week 8 Spread
- Buccaneers vs Bengals NFL Week 8 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Seahawks vs Lions NFL Week 8 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Browns vs Steelers NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Week Eight NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 620)
- Redskins vs Giants 2018 NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Eagles vs Jaguars NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick
Even More Panthers vs 49ers Archived Betting Articles
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- 2020 NFL Betting – Tom Brady & the Bucs
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Panthers 13 @ 49ers 51 Result NFL Week 8 Score
- Panthers vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- NFL Week 17 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks & Game Previews
- Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers NFL Betting Odds & Game Info
- NFL San Francisco and Carolina Week 2 Favorites
- 2016 NFL Week 2 Parlay Picks
- Biggest Pro Football Betting Point Spreads Of The 2016 NFL Season