It’s two NFC South teams playing out the string to disappointing seasons on Sunday as the Carolina Panthers look to snap a four-game losing streak when they visit the Atlanta Falcons. Despite a 3-9 record, the Falcons are short NFL betting favorites at Mybookie.
Panthers vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- When: Sunday, December 8th, 2019 at 1 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- TV: Fox
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 14 Odds: Atlanta Falcons -2 (Total 48)
Panthers vs Falcons Last MeetingAtlanta upset Carolina 29-3 in Week 11 in Charlotte. Atlanta intercepted Kyle Allen four times and sacked him five times, and Kenjon Barner returned a punt 78 yards for a touchdown. The Falcons had only two interceptions all season entering the game — and none since Week 2 against the Eagles — but intercepted Allen three times in the first half to build a 20-0 lead.
Matt Ryan improved to 7-1 in his past eight starts against Carolina, throwing for 311 yards including a 6-yard touchdown pass to Calvin Ridley. Rookie Qadree Ollison added a 2-yard TD run for the Falcons, who won despite playing without running back Devonta Freeman and tight end Austin Hooper.
Why Bet on Carolina?The Panthers’ slim playoff hopes ended Sunday when they were upset 29-21 at home by Washington, Carolina’s fourth straight loss. The Redskins piled up 248 yards rushing and scored a season high in points against a Carolina defense that came into the game ranked 27th in the league against the run. It was the fourth time this season the Panthers reached an opponent’s 3-yard line needing a touchdown for the tying or go-ahead score, but come away with nothing with the game on the line.
Kyle Allen completed 27-of-46 passes for 278 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. He also had a garbage-time rushing touchdown. Allen missed a wide-open long touchdown to Curtis Samuel and gave up 65 yards on seven sacks. D.J. Moore caught 6-of-12 targets for 75 yards and one touchdown. Tight end Greg Olsen (concussion) 13 against the Redskins. Olsen suffered a helmet-to-helmet hit while trying to pick up a first down in the third quarter.
McCaffrey’s TeamCarolina running back Christian McCaffrey registered seven receptions and 102 scrimmage yards (58 receiving, 44 rushing). He has 75 receptions through 12 games in the 2019 season. McCaffrey has recorded at least 75 catches in each of his first three NFL seasons and is the fifth running back in NFL history with at least three career seasons of at least 75 receptions, joining Le’Veon Bell (three seasons), Larry Centers (five), Roger Craig (three) and Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk (five). McCaffrey has 2,162 career receiving yards and surpassed Craig (2,118 receiving yards) for the most receiving yards by a running back in his first three seasons since 1966.
Embattled coach Ron Rivera has no plans to make a change at quarterback despite four straight losses. Allen will remain the starter with third-round pick Will Grier the backup. Rivera seems more and more likely to be fired after this season. Rivera has a 76-63-1 record as Panthers coach. But take away a 15-1 season in 2015 and he’s essentially a .500 coach.
Why Bet on Atlanta?Atlanta lost its second in a row last Thursday, 26-18 to the Saints. Matt Ryan completed 35-of-50 passes for 312 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Ryan also took a whopping nine sacks and fumbled twice, losing one. His two touchdowns went to Jaeden Graham and Russell Gage.
After missing the previous two games due to injury, Devonta Freeman rushed 17 times for 51 yards and had 13 yards on four catches. Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Julio Jones’ (shoulder) availability for Week 14 is “trending upward” after missing the Saints game.
Quinn added Julio would’ve had a “much better chance” to play on Thanksgiving if the game was on a Sunday instead of mid-week. It marked the first time Jones has missed a game since December 2016, when he missed two games because of a toe injury.
Time for Changes?Quinn said he has no plans to make a kicking change. Younghoe Koo had a tough Thanksgiving, shanking a 42-yarder and an extra point in a loss to New Orleans. Starting left guard James Carpenter left the game in the first half because of a concussion. The Falcons didn’t sack Drew Brees in the game, marking the second game in a row they failed to record a sack. The Falcons have had six games without a sack this season.
Tight end Austin Hooper (MCL) resumed practicing Monday. It’s another step forward for Hooper, who ran on the side during last week’s practices. The fourth-year tight end appears to have a real shot of suiting up against the Panthers. He has missed the past three games. The team activated punter Matt Bosher from injured reserve. Bosher resumed practicing last month and is slated to return against the Panthers. He replaces Ryan Allen, who the Falcons released on Friday. Groin issues have limited Bosher to just three games this year.
Panthers vs Falcons NFL Week 14 Betting Trends
- Under is 10-2-1 in the last 13 meetings.
- Home team is 10-4 ATS in their last 14 meetings.
- Panthers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Panthers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Carolina’s last 8 games played in December
- Falcons are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games
- Falcons are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games played in week 14
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Panthers vs FalconsCarolina Panthers 24 – Atlanta Falcons 23
More Week 14 NFL Betting News
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction
- Colts vs Texans NFL Week 14 Lines & Game Preview
- Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- Saints at Buccaneers NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Ravens vs Chiefs NFL Week 14 Odds & Expert Pick
- Bengals vs Chargers NFL Week 14 Lines & Betting Pick
- Broncos vs 49ers NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Panthers vs Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Preview
- Rams vs Bears NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
Even More Panthers vs Falcons Archived Betting Articles
- Falcons 25 vs Panthers 17 Result NFL Week 8 Thursday Night Football Score
- Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers on Thursday Night Football: Line and Betting Trends October 29, 2020
- Panthers 23 vs Falcons 16 Result NFL Week 5 Score
- Falcons vs. Panthers: October 11, 2020 Odds and Computer Picks
- 2020 NFL Week 5 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- 2020 NFL Betting – Tom Brady & the Bucs
- NFL Betting – “Bad” Teams to Bet On 2020
- NFC South Divisional Odds After 2020 Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC South Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: NFC South Free Agency Thoughts After Week 1
- Panthers 20 vs Falcons 40 Result NFL Week 14 Score