Total Yards-339.4 – 9th Passing Yards-240.8 – 17th Rushing Yards-98.6 – 9th Points Allowed-19.7 – 10th Field Goal %-79.3 – 8th
Happy anniversary! pic.twitter.com/SlUDaqLCe8— New England Patriots (@Patriots) January 19, 2016
The New England Patriots don’t have many ‘big-name’ superstars on defense like they had just one year ago when Pro Bowl cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie Jr. were routinely shutting down opposing wide receivers. However, if the Patriots have shown anything over the Bill Belichick era, it’s that they can win games despite either being banged-up or simply not having the best talent on the field. This expert overview on New England’s defense will give you the insight you’ll need in order to make the most out of your Super Bowl betting. With that said, let’s get started.
“It’s a testament to everybody,” Patriots safety Devin McCourty said. “This whole team comes in and puts in a lot of work — injured guys, healthy guys, guys who haven’t played much. It’s all about how well you play against another good playoff team.”
The Pats closed out the regular season ranked ninth in total defense, ninth against the run and 10th in points allowed (19.7 ppg). New England’s 49 sacks this season ranked second in the league and that figure represents their highest total since Belichick took over as head coach in 2000.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Browns and Raiders Step Towards the Playoffs, Giants Take Backward Steps
- NFL Updates of the Week – March 8th Edition
- NFL Updates of the Week – March 1st Edition
- 2019 NFL Combine Odds, Predictions & Picks
- NFL Update of the Week – February 22nd Edition
- 2019 Super Bowl 53 Betting Odds Recap
- Early Super Bowl 54 Odds & Predictions
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.