Patriots at Saints NFL Odds, Game Info & Expert Pick for Week 2When: Sunday, September 17 at 1 PM EST Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans TV: FOX Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub (New England) / WWL 870 AM (New Orleans) Live Stream: NFL Game Pass NFL Odds: New England Patriots -7 EV
Why Bet on the New England Patriots?The Patriots have not lost a lot of games over the past few seasons, and they have certainly not taken a loss as stunning as the 42-27 hammering they took last week. It’s going to be very interesting to see how they bounce back from that loss, especially since they may be without the services of Danny Amendola and Don’t’a Hightower for this one. The injuries are starting pile up for the Patriots early on, and that is generally when things start to head south for the average team. This is not your average team, though, and with a few extra days to prepare after playing on a Thursday in Week 1, you have to believe that Bill Belichick will have put together a winning game plan. The Patriots are 4-2 versus the Saints in recent meetings, and have the last 3 wins. They are also a staggering 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road, although they are just 2-7 against the Saints in their last 9 meetings. The Patriots have seen the total go OVER in each of their last 5 games.
Latest NFL Odds Trends
- The New England Patriots are 8-1 ATS in its last 9 NFL games
- New England Patriots are 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New England Patriots’ last 5 NFL games
- New England Patriots are 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- The New England Patriots are 5-0 SU in its last 5 NFL games on the road
Why bet on the New Orleans Saints?The Saints look as though they might be a team in a bit of trouble this year, as they looked totally ineffective during their Week 1 loss to the Vikings. While both men played down the incident, it appeared that RB Adrian Peterson had some less that kind words for his new coach, Sean Peyton, and you have to believe that the relationship will continue to sour if the Saints continue to struggle. Where they might find some joy this week is in the run game, which means that Peterson might get to show us whether or not he still has the goods required to compete at the highest level in the NFL. The Saints have gone 4-2 in their last 6 home games, and posted the same record ATS during that run. The OVER has also come up in 10 of the last 13 games that he Saints played at home, so we may see some fireworks here.
Latest NFL Odds Trends
- The New Orleans Saints are 2-4 SU in its last 6 NFL games
- Total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans Saints’ last 5 games
- The New Orleans Saints are 4-2 ATS in its last 6 NFL games at home
- New Orleans Saints are 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of New Orleans Saints’ last 13 NFL games at home