The Oakland Raiders and Los Angeles Chargers will both be looking to rebound from crushing losses when they square off in their Week 16 AFC West divisional matchup.
While the Raiders have fallen completely apart over the last month when a potential playoff berth was on the line and the Bolts have far underachieved against their preseason playoff hopes, both teams will look to pick up the feel-good win in this meeting of longtime hated division rivals. Now, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their Week 16 NFL Odds.
Raiders vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 16 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, CA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 16 Betting Lines: LA Chargers -6 (Total 45.5)
Why Bet On Oakland?Let’s be honest. Outside of the fact that the Chargers are pretty pathetic in their own right, there’s no good reason to back the reeling Raiders in this matchup. Oakland was sitting pretty at 6-4 and looking at a potential playoff berth. Since then however, Oakland has nosedived in a big way by dropping four straight including a crushing 20-16 home loss against Jacksonville last weekend.
The Raiders collapsed by allowing the Jags to score two fourth quarter touchdowns, including the game-winner with 31 second left in regulation. Oakland ranks 24th in scoring (19.6 ppg) and 28th in points allowed (27.6 ppg).
- Points per Game: 19.57
- Passing Yards: 234.29
- Rushing Yards: 121.21
- Yards per Play: 5.81
- Points per Game: 27.57
- Passing Yards: 262.21
- Rushing Yards: 105.79
- Yards per Play: 6.05
Why Bet On The LA Chargers?The Chargers have lost four of five and come into this contest off an embarrassing 39-10 smackdown loss against Minnesota last weekend. The Bolts are looking for revenge for their narrow 26-24 Week 10 road loss against the Raiders, but Philip Rivers and company are a discouraging 2-4 at home this season.
The Chargers average 21.4 points per game (20th) while allowing 20.7 per contest defensively to rank a solid 13th in points allowed. The good news is that the Bolts have gone a stellar 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games following a double-digit home loss. The bad news is that the Bolts are also a winless 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a home favorite.
- Points per Game: 21.36
- Passing Yards: 278.79
- Rushing Yards: 94.71
- Yards per Play: 6.03
- Points per Game: 20.71
- Passing Yards: 197.36
- Rushing Yards: 110.29
- Yards per Play: 5.30
Raiders vs Chargers NFL Week 16 Betting Trends
- Chargers are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- Chargers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of LA Chargers’ last 20 games played in December
- Raiders are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games on the road
- Raiders are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games
Expert Analysis & Prediction for Raiders vs ChargersApproximately 52 percent of public bettors are backing the Chargers to cover the chalk in this contest, but I don’t trust the Bolts at all – and that says a whole lot – seeing as how the raiders are pretty awful as well. I am going with Los Angeles to get the win at home against an Oakland team that has to be completely deflated right bow, but I’m expecting the final score to be a lot closer to a field goal finish than the nearly touchdown spread it currently is.
The Raiders are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games as a road underdog, but the Chargers have gone 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games against their AFC counterparts and 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games against their AFC West division rivals.
Score: Oakland Raiders 24 – Los Angeles Chargers 27
More Week 16 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 16 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Last Minute Betting Picks to Place an NFL Parlay Ticket in Week 16
- Eagles Are NFL Spread Favorites to Close Out Week 16 on MNF
- NFL Betting Lines, Game Preview & Pick for Colts vs. Ravens in Week 16
- Can Steelers Back the Week 16 NFL Odds vs. Texans Without Antonio Brown?
- How to Bet Rams vs. Titans NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Pick
- Visiting Chargers are the NFL Week 16 Odds Favorite Against Jets
- NFL Week 16 Lines & Prediction for Falcons vs. Saints
- How to Bet Giants at Cardinals NFL Odds & Game Info
- Broncos at Redskins Week 16 Odds & NFL Betting Pick
- NFL Week 16 Betting Analysis & Expert Pick: Seattle at Dallas
- Panthers Are Huge NFL Week 16 Spread Favorites Against Buccaneers
- Minnesota at Green Bay Week 16 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Can Win-less Browns Defy the NFL Odds for Week 16 vs. Bears?
Even More Raiders vs Chargers Archived Betting Articles
- Chargers 24 vs Raiders 26 Result NFL Week 10 Score | Thursday Night Football
- Chargers vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Chargers vs Raiders NFL Week 10 Spread & Preview
- Raiders at Chargers NFL Week 5 Spread & Prediction
- Can Chargers Back the NFL Odds Against Raiders in Regular Season Finale?
- Are the Chargers a Better NFL Betting Pick Over the Raiders in Week 6?