The Washington Redskins are just playing out the string in the 2019 season and seeing what rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins has. The Carolina Panthers have very slim playoff hopes but almost surely would need to win out and get lots of help to have any shot. They are sizable NFL betting favorites for Sunday’s game at Mybookie.
How to Bet Redskins at Panthers NFL Odds & TV Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Bank of American Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 13 Odds: Carolina Panthers -10 (Total 40.5)
Redskins vs Panthers Last MeetingTeams meet last year in Maryland and the Redskins won 23-17 – neither starting QB from that one will play in this one as both are out injured. Former Panthers defensive back intercepted Carolina’s Cam Newton and forced a fumble. Newton threw for 275 yards and two touchdowns on 27 of 40 passing and rushed for 43 yards in a turnover-marred loss. He engineered a late drive that got the Panthers into the red zone before stalling out. Alex Smith was the Redskins QB but his career is probably over due to a badly broken leg suffered later last season.
The Redskins are 8-6 all-time against the Panthers, including a 2-4 series record in Carolina. The Redskins won the first six meetings between the two teams from 1995-2001.
Why Bet on Washington?Washington got its second win of the year last week in at 19-16 upset of Detroit. Rookie Dwayne Haskins completed 13-of-29 passes for 156 yards and one pick in Washington’s. On a positive note, Haskins’ 17-yard toss to Terry McLaurin (5/72) with 20 seconds remaining put Washington in position to seal the win with a 39-yard field goal. Detroit’s defense ripped a fumble from the rookie’s grasp on Washington’s opening drive and later intercepted him (which should be partly attributed to Kelvin Harmon) to open the fourth quarter.
McLaurin currently has 639 receiving yards, seventh most in franchise history for a rookie. McLaurin hauled in at least four passes for the seventh time, becoming the fifth rookie to do so in franchise history.
As the Redskins offense ran back onto the field, ready to take the victory formation, Haskins was taking a selfie with a fan. That left the Redskins needing to trot veteran Case Keenum onto the field to take the final snap. Interim coach Bill Callahan said the coaches were looking for him. He didn’t come across as upset, but he didn’t shrug it off. Callahan said Haskins has a “slight wrist injury.” It doesn’t sound like the injury will impact Haskins’ availability for the Redskins’ Week 13 matchup against the Panthers.
Some Good NewsDerrius Guice rushed 10 times for 32 yards and Adrian Peterson 10 times for 27 yards. Peterson (13,861) is just 241 yards away from surpassing Curtis Martin (14,101) for No. 5 all-time in career rushing yards, but his 26-yards-per-outing pace since Guice returned won’t get him there this year. Peterson has now amassed 1,517 career rushing yards against the Detroit Lions. He joins Walter Payton and Joe Perry as the only players in NFL history to record 1,500-plus career rushing yards against Detroit.
The Redskins recorded their first win over an NFC opponent this season and their first victory over an NFC opponent outright since defeating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 16-3 in Week 10 of the 2018 season. The Redskins snapped a four-game losing streak against Detroit and picked up their first win over the Lions since 2008. It was their first home win against Detroit since Week 5 of the 2007 season.
- Points per Game: 13.09
- Passing Yards: 167.18
- Rushing Yards: 85.91
- Yards per Play: 4.72
- Points per Game: 24.45
- Passing Yards: 231.36
- Rushing Yards: 137.64
- Yards per Play: 5.55
Why Bet on Carolina?The Panthers would be eliminated from the NFC South chase if the Saints win on Thanksgiving night in Atlanta and Carolina loses here. Carolina lost its third game in a row Sunday, 34-31 at the Saints.
Carolina trailed from early in the first quarter until 9:23 remained in the fourth quarter, when D.J. Moore reached up with his right hand to corral a fourth-and-goal pass in the back of the end zone to tie it at 31. Panthers kicker Joey Slye missed a 28-yarder to take the lead with two minutes left. The Panthers signed kicker Greg Joseph to their practice squad after Slye missed two extra points and that field goal. Joseph made 85% of his field goals with the Browns last season.
Christian McCaffrey had 133 scrimmage yards (69 receiving, 64 rushing) and both a rushing and receiving touchdown on Sunday against New Orleans. McCaffrey has eight career games with both a rushing and receiving touchdown, tied with Chuck Foreman (eight games from 1973-75) for the most such games in a player’s first three seasons in NFL history. McCaffrey has 13 career games with at least 50 rushing yards and 50 receiving yards, surpassing Herschel Walker (12 games from 1986-88) for the most such games in a player’s first three seasons in league annals.
CMC, who has 21 rushing touchdowns and 15 receiving touchdowns since entering the NFL in 2017, joined Foresman (1973-75) as the only players with at least 20 rushing touchdowns and 15 receiving touchdowns through their first three seasons in NFL history.
Some CasualtiesThe Panthers waived defensive back Rashaan Gaulden on Monday. The move came less than 24 hours after he ran into punt returner Moore and had the football bounce off his foot to set up New Orleans’ second touchdown.
Defensive tackle Dontari Poe had surgery Tuesday and is done for the year. Poe was a key cog in the Panthers’ run defense. Pro Football Focus graded Poe as the No. 3 overall interior defender in run defense.
- Points per Game: 23.55
- Passing Yards: 221.45
- Rushing Yards: 125.55
- Yards per Play: 5.27
- Points per Game: 26.45
- Passing Yards: 239.64
- Rushing Yards: 127.45
- Yards per Play: 5.59
Redskins vs Panthers NFL Week 13 Betting Trends
- Underdog is 11-2 ATS in their last 13 meetings
- Redskins are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Redskins are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in December
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games this season
- Panthers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games at home
- Panthers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 13
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Carolina’s last 9 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Redskins vs PanthersWashington Redskins 14 – Carolina Panthers 27
More Week 13 NFL Betting News
- 49ers vs Seahawks NFL Week 13 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Eagles NFL Week 13 Spread & Pick for Monday Night
- Chargers at Steelers NFL Week 13 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- Vikings vs Patriots NFL Week 13 Lines & Prediction
- Cardinals vs Packers NFL Week 13 Odds & Analysis
- Broncos vs Bengals NFL Week 13 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Rams at Lions NFL Week 13 Spread, Preview & Prediction
- Browns vs Texans NFL Week 13 Odds & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Raiders NFL Week 13 Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Jets vs Titans NFL Week 13 Odds & Expert Pick
- Colts vs Jaguars NFL Week 13 Odds & Game Prediction
- NFL Week 13 Parlay Picks
- Bills vs Dolphins NFL Week 13 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Week Thirteen NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 635)
Even More Redskins vs Panthers Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Redskins 29 vs Panthers 21 Result NFL Week 13 Score
- Redskins vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Preview & Pick
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks & Game Previews
- Carolina at Washington Spread, Betting Pick & TV Info
- Week 10 NFL Upset Picks Primed To Pull Off Road Upsets!
- 2016 Pro Football Season Week 1 Odds Predictions