Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints will look to dispatch the reeling Carolina Panthers in the hopes of potentially claiming the top seed in the upcoming NFC playoffs. With the Saints having every reasons to go all-out for the win and Carolina playing for nothing more than pride, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NFL odds in this affair.
Saints vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 17 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Betting Lines: New Orleans -13 (Total 47.5)
Why Bet On New Orleans?Drew Brees and company might be on the road in this affair, but there are a ton of god reasons to back the Saints in this affair. First and foremost, the Saints still have a shot to nab the top seed in the NFC playoffs with a win, combined with a 49ers loss or a win combined with a Packers loss or wins by the Packers and Seahawks.
New Orleans has only lost once in seven road games this season while Carolina has gone a dismal 2-5 at home this season. Last, but not least, the Saints have the far more explosive offense in this affair in putting up 27.7 points per game (fifth) to Carolina’s more modest 22.0 points per contest (18th).
- Points per Game: 27.73
- Passing Yards: 265.33
- Rushing Yards: 108.20
- Yards per Play: 5.94
- Points per Game: 22.07
- Passing Yards: 238.67
- Rushing Yards: 94.73
- Yards per Play: 5.38
Why Bet On Carolina?The Panthers might be playing at home, but there aren’t many reasons – if any – to back the reeling Panthers in this affair. Carolina has lost seven straight games including their embarrassing 38-6 loss against Indianapolis on Sunday.
More importantly, the Panthers have some serious issues at quarterback with Kyle Allen getting benched and younger signal-caller Will Grier stinking up the joint with three interceptions last weekend. Carolina has lost three straight at home while going 1-1-5 ATS over their last seven games.
- Points per Game: 22.00
- Passing Yards: 224.13
- Rushing Yards: 118.53
- Yards per Play: 5.10
- Points per Game: 28.53
- Passing Yards: 228.80
- Rushing Yards: 145.40
- Yards per Play: 5.76
Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 17 Betting Trends
- Panthers are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Panthers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 17
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games at home
- Saints are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against Carolina
- Saints are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans’ last 6 games
Expert Analysis & Score Prediction for Saints vs PanthersWhile the Saints are facing a nearly two-touchdown spread and have gone a winless 0-4 ATS in their last four meetings against Carolina, New Orleans has also gone a near-perfect 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road dates against Carolina while the road team in this NFC South divisional rivalry has gone 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
With the Saints going 10-3 ATS in their last 13 games overall and an insane, 26-8 ATS in their last 34 road games and the Panthers going1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog and 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games overall, Drew Brees and the red-hot saints are the pick to win big and cover the chalk!
Score: New Orleans Saints 38 – Carolina Panthers 14
More Week 17 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 17 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Chargers Back the NFL Odds Against Raiders in Regular Season Finale?
- Arizona at Seattle Week 17 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Chiefs Fly to Denver as Underdogs at the NFL Betting Lines for Week 17
- Week 17 NFL Betting Odds & Expert Pick: Jacksonville at Tennessee
- 49ers are Slight NFL Betting Favorites Against Rams in Week 17
- Saints vs. Buccaneers Week 17 Game Info, NFL Lines & Prediction
- How to Bet Dallas at Philadelphia NFL Week 17 Odds & Pick
- Expert Week 17 NFL Betting Analysis: Browns vs. Steelers
- Redskins are Slight NFL Betting Favorites in Week 17 vs. Giants
- Week 17 Preview: NY Jets at New England NFL Betting Lines & Preview
- Bears at Vikings Week 17 NFL Betting Odds & Expert Pick
- Week 17 NFL Lines & Prediction for Houston at Indianapolis
- Can the Lions Cover the NFL Spread Against Packers in Week 17?
Even More Saints vs Panthers Archived Betting Articles
- Saints at Panthers: January 3, 2021 Odds and Computer Picks
- NFL 2020 Week 11 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- Most Underrated NFL Players Through First Half Of 2020 Season
- Panthers 24 vs Saints 27 Result NFL Week 7 Score
- Saints vs. Panthers: Week 7 Line and Betting Trends
- NFL 2020 Week 7 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- 2020 NFL Betting – Tom Brady & the Bucs
- NFC South Divisional Odds After 2020 Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC South Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: NFC South Free Agency Thoughts After Week 1
- Saints 42 vs Panthers 10 Result NFL Week 17 Score