It’s going down in a big way this weekend NFL betting buffs. You see, New Orleans and Tennessee both have a ton to play for as they get set for their Week 16 inter-conference clash on Sunday. The Saints are tied with three conference rivals in the race for first place in the NFC playoff chase.
The Titans are currently on the outside looking in, but they sit one game behind Houston in the AFC South with two to play. With both teams going all-out for the win in this one, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their Week 16 NFL Odds.
Saints vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- When: Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 16 Odds: New Orleans Saints -3 (Total 50.5)
Why Bet On New Orleans?There are a handful of great reasons to back the Saints in this one starting with the aforementioned fact that they still have a chance of securing the top seed in the NFC playoffs. Then, there’s the fact that New Orleans has won four of their last five including a convincing 34-7 win over Indianapolis last weekend.
Then, there’s the fact that the Saints have scored 34 points or more in four of their last five games. New Orleans also has the more potent offense in putting up 27.0 points per game (seventh) to Tennessee’s more modest 24.2 points per contest (11th). Last, but not least, the Saints have gone a near-perfect 5-1 in six road games this season.
- Points per Game: 27.00
- Passing Yards: 264.64
- Rushing Yards: 108.64
- Yards per Play: 5.95
- Points per Game: 21.64
- Passing Yards: 238.00
- Rushing Yards: 90.86
- Yards per Play: 5.28
Why Bet On Tennessee?While the Titans come into this contest off a crushing 24-21 home loss against Houston last weekend, there are several good reasons to back Tennessee in this matchup. The Titans had won four straight and six of seven prior to their loss last weekend. Tennessee has also put 31 points or more on the board in four of their last five until struggling against the Texans in the first half last weekend.
Last, but not least, Tennessee has the better defense in this affair, ranking an impressive eighth in points allowed (19.9 ppg) while New Orleans ranks 14th in points allowed (21.6 ppg). Last, but not least, Tennessee has gone 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
- Points per Game: 24.21
- Passing Yards: 222.29
- Rushing Yards: 130.57
- Yards per Play: 5.94
- Points per Game: 19.93
- Passing Yards: 258.14
- Rushing Yards: 104.36
- Yards per Play: 5.49
Saints vs Titans NFL Week 16 Betting Trends
- Titans are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games played in December
- Titans are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games played in week 16
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee’s last 5 games at home
- Saints are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games this season
- Saints are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans’ last 6 games played on a Sunday
Expert Analysis & Prediction for Saints vs TitansI know Tennessee has been playing very well ever since elevating veteran quarterback Ryan Tannehill to their starting spot over Marcus Mariota, but the Titans have struggled at home by going 4-3 at Nissan Stadium while New Orleans has only lost once on the road while winning five straight away from home.
More importantly, the Saints have an offense that the Titans just won’t be able to keep up with in this affair. Drew Brees is still playing like a spry 25-year-old for the most part and the Saints have a ton riding on the line, plus a big edge in experience. New Orleans has gone 10-3 ATS in their last 13 games as a road favorite and 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games overall and that will be good enough for Brees and company to get it done in this intriguing Week 16 inter-conference clash.
Score: New Orleans Saints 27 – Tennessee Titans 23
More Week 16 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 16 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Last Minute Betting Picks to Place an NFL Parlay Ticket in Week 16
- Eagles Are NFL Spread Favorites to Close Out Week 16 on MNF
- NFL Betting Lines, Game Preview & Pick for Colts vs. Ravens in Week 16
- Can Steelers Back the Week 16 NFL Odds vs. Texans Without Antonio Brown?
- How to Bet Rams vs. Titans NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Pick
- Visiting Chargers are the NFL Week 16 Odds Favorite Against Jets
- NFL Week 16 Lines & Prediction for Falcons vs. Saints
- How to Bet Giants at Cardinals NFL Odds & Game Info
- Broncos at Redskins Week 16 Odds & NFL Betting Pick
- NFL Week 16 Betting Analysis & Expert Pick: Seattle at Dallas
- Panthers Are Huge NFL Week 16 Spread Favorites Against Buccaneers
- Minnesota at Green Bay Week 16 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Can Win-less Browns Defy the NFL Odds for Week 16 vs. Bears?
Even More Saints vs Titans Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2020 Week 14 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Parlay Picks for Week 13 Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 10 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 10 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Trade Deadline: 3 Contenders Get Defensive Help
- NFL 2020 Week 8 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 8 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 11 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 9 in 2020
- How to Handicap the 1st half of the 2020 NFL Betting Season
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 5 in 2020
- NFL Betting – Early Conference Predictions
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020