It’s a game with potential NFC playoff ramifications on Sunday when the Russell Wilson continues his push for a first-ever NFL MVP Award when his Seattle Seahawks cross the country to face the Philadelphia Eagles. Despite being three games worse in the standings, Philly is a short NFL betting favorite at Mybookie.
How to Bet Seahawks vs Eagles NFL Week 12 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Lincoln Financial Field
- TV: Fox
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 12 Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -1. (Total 48)
Seahawks vs Eagles Last Meeting
The Eagles won the Super Bowl in the 2017 season and the last game they lost that mattered that year was Week 13 at home to Seattle, 24-10. Russell Wilson was masterful while throwing three touchdown passes, the last a 15-yard strike to J.D. McKissic with 7:29 left. Wilson was 20 of 31 for 227 yards and threw touchdowns of 11 yards to Jimmy Graham, 1-yard to Tyler Lockett and the TD to McKissic after the Eagles had trimmed the lead to seven.
Philly entered that game on a nine-game winning streak. The Eagles got just 10 points out of seven drives that reached Seattle territory. Carson Wentz was 29 of 45 for 348 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He also lost a crucial fumble.
Why Bet on Seattle?
The Seahawks have been off since a 27-24 overtime upset at then-unbeaten San Francisco on Monday night in Week 10. Jason Myers kicked a 42-yard field goal after the Niners’ Chase McLaughlin missed a kick earlier in overtime.
Russell Wilson completed 24-of-34 passes for 232 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He nearly gave the game away with an overtime interception in the red zone, but the Seattle defense held firm just enough to force a missed 47-yard field goal to get the ball back to Wilson. He ran for 21 yards on an OT scamper to get the ball in field goal range, and Myers sunk the game-winner.
Chris Carson rushed 25 times for 89 yards and one touchdown. His score came from one yard out in the third quarter to extend the lead to 21-10. Carson has at least 20 touches in six of his last seven games. Top WR Tyler Lockett caught just 3-of-4 targets for 26 yards. He exited on the first play of overtime with a lower leg injury and never returned to the game. Lockett spent the last two nights in the hospital after experiencing swelling in his injured leg but is expected to play.
Be assured that the Philly offensive line will be focusing on Seattle’s Jadeveon Clowney, who was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his effort vs. the Niners. Clowney dominated, getting to Jimmy Garoppolo for five QB hits, one sack, one forced fumble, and a fumble recovery touchdown.
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Ed Dickson (knee) will play Week 12. He has yet to this season due to that knee injury. Overall, the Seahawks come out of the bye in relatively good health.
- Points per Game: 27.50
- Passing Yards: 256.00
- Rushing Yards: 133.40
- Yards per Play: 5.89
- Points per Game: 25.40
- Passing Yards: 272.00
- Rushing Yards: 101.10
- Yards per Play: 5.88
Why Bet on Philadelphia?
The Eagles took an early 10-0 lead on the visiting New England Patriots last week but lost 17-10. The Eagles now currently have a 37% chance of reaching the postseason and a 29% chance of winning the NFC East, according to Football Outsiders.
The Pats sacked Carson Wentz five times, forced one turnover and another that was overturned to give the Eagles a touchdown. Wentz couldn’t get much going without his two best receivers and top running back sidelined by injuries. Nelson Agholor couldn’t make a twisting catch on Wentz’s fourth-down heave into the end zone from the Patriots 26 with just under a minute left.
Wentz completed 20-of-40 passes for 214 yards and a touchdown while spanning 17 yards on three rushing attempts. He simply had no time to throw, a problem exacerbated by the loss of Pro Bowl right tackle Lane Johnson, who bowed out with a first-half concussion. Wentz’s lone touchdown was initially ruled an interception, but Dallas Goedert was later credited with a five-yard score after officials ruled Goedert had possession before Jonathan Jones snatched it in the end zone.
Zach Ertz soaked up nine catches for 94 yards on 11 targets. While Ertz has dropped off considerably from last year when he produced a team-record 116 catches (the most ever by an NFL tight end), he’s looked sharp recently, topping 90 yards in back-to-back games.
It’s not likely that Johnson plays this week as he’s in the concussion protocol. With backup OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai struggling in the interim on Sunday, rookie Andre Dillard is expected to get reps at right tackle and potentially start opposite Jadeveon Clowney. Johnson hasn’t missed a contest for concussion reasons since being ruled out of a Thursday game in ’17.
Not clear if either WR Alshon Jeffery or running back Jordan Howard will play after both sat Sunday. Both were limited in practice Wednesday. Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, and maybe Jay Ajayi will handle the backfield reps if Howard is unable to go against the Seahawks.
- Points per Game: 23.40
- Passing Yards: 215.10
- Rushing Yards: 122.70
- Yards per Play: 5.08
- Points per Game: 23.00
- Passing Yards: 237.50
- Rushing Yards: 86.00
- Yards per Play: 5.29
Seahawks vs Eagles NFL Week 12 Betting Trends
- Road team is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 meetings
- Seahawks are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- Seahawks are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against Philadelphia
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Seattle’s last 14 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- Eagles are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games at home
- Eagles are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC West division
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Philadelphia’s last 12 games played in week 12
Expert Final Score Prediction for Seahawks vs Eagles
Seattle Seahawks 24 – Philadelphia Eagles 27
More Week 12 NFL Betting News
- Patriots vs Jets NFL Week 12 Lines & Game Preview
- Raiders vs Ravens NFL Week 12 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Packers vs Vikings NFL Week 12 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- Steelers vs Broncos NFL Week 12 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Chargers NFL Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Giants vs Eagles NFL Week 12 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Colts NFL Week 12 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet 49ers vs Buccaneers NFL Week 12 Spread
- Jaguars vs Bills NFL Week 12 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Browns vs Bengals NFL Week 12 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Falcons vs Saints NFL Week 12 Thanksgiving Odds & Preview
- Redskins vs Cowboys NFL Week 12 Thanksgiving Lines
- How to Bet Bears vs Lions NFL Week 12 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 12 Parlay Picks
Even More Seahawks vs Eagles Archived Betting Articles
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 8 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 5 in 2020
- NFL Betting – NFC Rivalry Games on the 2020 Calendar
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – June 22nd Edition
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Seahawks 17 vs Eagles 9 Result NFL Wild Card Score
- Seahawks vs Eagles 2020 NFL Wild Card Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Seahawks vs Eagles 2020 NFL Wild Card Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Seahawks 17 vs Eagles 9 Result NFL Week 12 Score
- Seahawks vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 12 Odds & Game Preview
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Eagles Are Slight NFL Lines Favorites vs. Seahawks in Week 13
- Updated Super Bowl LII Odds – October 25th Edition
- Expert Analysis on NFL Week 4 ATS Betting Picks