Super Bowl 50 is among us. The teams have been decided, and we’re left with two competitors. Immediately after their thrashing of the Arizona Cardinals, the odds came out in heavy favor of the Carolina Panthers. It’s been six years since we’ve seen odds this heavily in favor for one team in the Super Bowl. That game was the Indianapolis Colts vs the New Orleans Saints, and we all know how that game ended up: the Saints, being a heavy underdog, won 31-17. In this post we’ll try to decide if the Broncos deserve the underdog status, and will try to help you decide who to bet on in this ultimate showdown of NFL teams.
Super Bowl 50 Game Odds and TV InfoWhen: Sunday, February 7, 2015Kickoff: 6:30 PM ETWhere: Santa Clara, CAStadium: Levi’s StadiumSpread: Panthers -3.5Moneyline: Carolina -185 vs Denver +160Game Total: 43.5Watch: CBSLooking at the numbers the first thing we should do when analyzing any game is look at the numbers. I found one strange trend when looking at the odds in this game. Let’s take a peek at what I found.
- SF vs BAL (2013) – SF Favored by 4.5. Final Score – BAL 34, SF 31
- NO vs IND (2010) – IND Favored by 5. Final Score – NO 31, IND 17
- Pitt vs AZ (2009) – Pitt Favored by 7. Final Score – Pitt 27, AZ 23
- NE vs NYG (2008) – NE Favored by 12. Final Score – NE 14, NYG 17
- IND vs CHI (2007) – IND Favored by 7. Final Score – IND 29, CHI 17
- NE vs PHI (2005) – NE Favored by 7. Final Score – NE 24, PHI 21
- NE vs CAR (2004) – NE Favored by 7. Final Score – NE 32, CAR 29
- TB vs OAK (2003) – OAK Favored by 4. Final Score – TB 48, OAK 21
- NE vs STL (2002) – STL Favored by 14. Final Score – NE 20, STL 17