Independently of the NFL betting lines, anyone who watched the Monday night game earlier this week would have seen one of the most brutal games of the season. There were nasty hits and major injuries, the worst of which went to Ryan Shazier, who is still in the hospital right now. When asked about the severity of the match-up in a post-game interview, Big Ben described it as simply, “AFC North Football,” there are some who saw his comment as a little flippant, especially given the injury to his teammate, but it was also a pretty accurate description.
This division has been brutal for years, and the most violent games have usually taken place between the Ravens and the Steelers, which means that the Monday night slugfest between the Steelers and the Bengals may have been nothing more than a preview for this one. The Pittsburgh Steelers can effectively clinch the division with a win over their rivals, while the Ravens need the win in order to maintain their current Wild Card status.
I’m not so sure this one will reach the violence level of the Monday night game, but it will still be a hard-hitting affair. The Steelers are favored by 4 ½, with the point total set at 44.
Baltimore (6-6) at Pittsburgh (10-2) Week 14 NFL Betting Lines & Preview
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) 7 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 10 at 8:30 PM EST
- Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
- TV: NBC
- Radio: 1090 AM (Baltimore) / 104.9 FM (Pittsburgh)
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- NFL Betting Lines: Pittsburgh Steelers -4.5 (Over/Under at 44)
- Overcast: -1°C/30°F
- Humidity: 42%
- Precipitation: 2%
- Cloud Cover: 86%
- Wind: 13 mph SW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Baltimore Ravens lead 6-4
- Score: Baltimore Ravens 21.70 / Pittsburgh Steelers 21.30
- Rush Yards: Baltimore Ravens 99.10 / Pittsburgh Steelers 104.80
- Pass Attempts: Baltimore Ravens 37.10 / Pittsburgh Steelers 35.70
- Completion Percentage: Baltimore Ravens 66.31 / Pittsburgh Steelers 65.27
- Passing Yards: Baltimore Ravens 222.90 / Pittsburgh Steelers 226.10
- Total Yards: Baltimore Ravens 322.00 / Pittsburgh Steelers 330.9
- Turnovers: Baltimore Ravens 1.00 / Pittsburgh Steelers 1.40
Why bet on the Baltimore Ravens?
The Baltimore Ravens appear to be peaking at just the right time, as they come into this one on a 3-game winning streak. It can be argued that their schedule over that period has been a little favorable, but given that they needed those wins to stay in the playoff race, you still need to give them a lot of credit. The offense has struggled for the Ravens at times this season but is starting to pick up, and averaged 30 PPG over those 3 wins. The defense continues to shine and is going to need to be at its very best against a Steelers offense that is loaded with talent.
The Ravens will be looking for revenge here after losing 26-9 to the Steelers in Baltimore, but they have not had a lot of joy in Pittsburgh, going 6-13 SU in their last 19 visits. The good news is that Baltimore is 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games versus divisional foes, and 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 road games against division rivals.
- Average Score For: 23.33
- Total Yards: 288.5
- Rush Yards: 115.50
- Passing Yards: 173.00
- Average Score Against: 17.25
- Total Yards: 311.25
- Rush Yards: 112.67
- Passing Yards: 198.58
Why bet on the Pittsburgh Steelers?
It is going to be interesting to see how the Steelers react to the injury to Ryan Shazier, whose status is still very much up in the air. There were Pittsburgh players on the sideline who were visibly distraught after the injury occurred, but the fact that this team came from behind to pull out the win over the Bengals should tell you something about their grit and tenacity.
The Steelers will also be without the services of rookie WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, as he was suspended 1 game for a brutal helmet to helmet hit on Vontaze Burfict on Monday night. There is still an awful lot of talent on that offense, though, and the Steelers will be looking to extend their win streak to 8 while also clinching the division. Pittsburgh is 4-1 SU at home this season and 3-2 ATS in those games.
- Average Score For: 23.42
- Total Yards: 368.3
- Rush Yards: 103.8
- Passing Yards: 264.50
- Average Score Against: 17.75
- Total Yards: 294.5
- Rush Yards: 98.67
- Passing Yards: 195.83
Latest NFL Betting Trends for Week 14
- Ravens are 4-8-1 ATS in their last 13 games on the road
- Ravens are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 8 games
- Steelers are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- Steelers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- Ravens are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Ravens are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Baltimore
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Steelers are a perfect 4-0 in divisional games this season, and while they will be without a couple of key players, I still think they can back their NFL betting lines. I also like them to cover the spread.
Score: Baltimore Ravens 19 – Pittsburgh Steelers 26