The Cleveland Browns’ slim playoffs hopes will all but vanish on Thursday night if they are upset at home by the AFC North rival Pittsburgh Steelers. Cleveland opened as just under a field-goal favorite on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Steelers vs Browns NFL Week 11 Odds & Game Info
- When: Thursday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium
- TV: Fox/NFL Network
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 11 Odds: Cleveland Browns -2.5 (Total 40.5)
Steelers vs Browns Last Season
The Steelers were 1-0-1 vs. the Browns last year. The game in Cleveland finished in a 21-21 tie in Week 1. The Browns had been on a 17-game losing streak entering that one. They had a chance to win but Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt blocked Zane Gonzalez’s 43-yard field-goal attempt with 9 seconds left in OT.
The Steelers, who blew a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter, also wasted their chance to escape with a win when Chris Boswell was wide left on a 42-yard field-goal attempt with 1:44 remaining in the extra period. Pittsburgh committed six turnovers, including a strip-sack fumble of Roethlisberger late in OT that had the Browns poised to win their first opener since 2004.
Why Bet on Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh lost starting QB Ben Roethlisberger to a season-ending injury in Week 2 and looked dead in the water at 0-3 but are now 5-4 following Sunday’s 17-12 win over the Rams. Mason Rudolph completed 22-of-38 targets 242 yards and one touchdown. Rudolph received a lot of help from his defense, who scored a touchdown and held the Rams to zero offensive points. Rudolph’s lone touchdown was a strike to James Washington in the corner of the end zone. He now has 11 touchdowns to four interceptions.
Minkah Fitzpatrick returned a fumble 43 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter and added a game-sealing pick in the final seconds. He has been a stellar trade acquisition from Miami. Fitzpatrick is the first Steelers player to score defensive touchdowns in back-to-back weeks since Sam Washington in 1984. Primarily playing free safety, Fitzpatrick has five interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery this season. The game-sealing interception Sunday made him the first Steeler with a pick in three consecutive games since Troy Polamalu in Weeks 11-14 of the 2008 season.
Joe Haden was the one who got his hand on Jared Goff’s final pass attempt and deflected the ball into the air where Fitzpatrick was on the spot to make the interception and seal the deal. In addition, Haden had four other passes defensed, plus an interception, a fumble recovery, and seven tackles.
The Steelers played Sunday without top running back James Conner due to injury but he’s likely to return Thursday. Conner has racked up 17, 18, 14, 23 and 26 touches in five games since the offense lost Ben Roethlisberger for the season, working as the unit’s undisputed workhorse.
The Steelers run game pieced together with Jaylen Samuels and two former practice squad backs in Trey Edmunds and Tony Brooks-James desperately needs Conner to return. Against the Rams, the team averaged a paltry 1.6 yards per carry. A week earlier, it was marginally better at 3.6 yards per carry.
- Points per Game: 21.44
- Passing Yards: 205.56
- Rushing Yards: 83.22
- Yards per Play: 4.98
- Points per Game: 20.11
- Passing Yards: 226.89
- Rushing Yards: 105.44
- Yards per Play: 4.99
Why Bet on Cleveland?
Cleveland snapped a four-game skid with a 19-16 win over Buffalo on Sunday. With coach Freddie Kitchens under fire and their playoff hopes fading fast, the Browns (3-6) rallied for their first win at home and kept their season from completely collapsing.
Baker Mayfield completed 26-of-38 passes for 238 yards and two touchdowns. It was Mayfield’s first two-touchdown performance through the air this season. He was extremely lucky to get there after a stupefying first half series of events that saw the Browns score zero points on 12 plays over two series at the goal line. Mayfield found Jarvis Landry for a 17-yard score and Rashard Higgins for a game-winning seven-yarder with 1:44 remaining.
Nick Chubb rushed 20 times for 116 yards, adding two receptions for five yards. The 100-yard day on the ground was Chubb’s third in four games, and fourth in six. In his Browns debut, former Kansas City Chief and NFL rushing champion Kareem Hunt caught 7-of-9 targets for 44 yards and carried four times for 30 yards.
Kitchens said Hunt will “continue to get opportunities.” Cleveland played without speedy receiver Antonio Callaway as he was benched for disciplinary reasons. Higgins, Callaway’s replacement in the lineup, caught the game-winning touchdown pass. That was the only time Mayfield targeted Higgins.
Callaway was suspended the first four games of the season for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Since returning he has been the Browns’ No. 3 receiver and has eight receptions for 89 yards and three touchdowns in four games.
- Points per Game: 19.00
- Passing Yards: 224.56
- Rushing Yards: 123.89
- Yards per Play: 5.70
- Points per Game: 24.56
- Passing Yards: 221.22
- Rushing Yards: 134.89
- Yards per Play: 5.70
Steelers vs Browns NFL Week 11 Betting Trends
- Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Cleveland
- Underdog is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Home team is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Steelers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- Steelers are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC North division
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Pittsburgh’s last 9 games on the road
- Browns are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- Browns are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games against Pittsburgh
Expert Final Score Prediction for Steelers vs Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers 20 – Cleveland Browns 23
More Week 11 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week Eleven Picks (Ep. 631)
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 11 Parlay Picks
- Week Eleven NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 629)
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
Even More Steelers vs Browns Archived Betting Articles
- Browns 48 vs Steelers 37 Result NFL Wild Card Score
- AFC Wild Card Round: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers Opening Lines and Betting Trends January 10, 2021
- Steelers 22 vs Browns 24 Result NFL Week 17 Score
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns: Line and Betting Trends for Week 17
- NFL 2020 Week 12 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- Browns 7 vs Steelers 38 Result NFL Week 6 Score
- NFL 2020 Week 6 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- Steelers vs. Browns Line and Betting Trends October 18, 2020
- AFC North News & Odds: Can Browns Survive Without Nick Chubb?