By beating the Tennessee Titans in Week 15, the Houston Texans took the lead in the AFC South. On Saturday, the Texans face the hot Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Can the Texans maintain the lead with a win in Week 16? Or, will the home team dogs take a bite out of Houston’s playoff chances? Check out the NFL odds, analysis and a free pick for Texans vs Buccaneers!
Texans vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Saturday, Dec. 21 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
- TV: NFL Network
- ATS Odds: Texans -2
- Over/Under Total Odds: 52 ½
- Rain: 24°C/75°F
- Humidity: 73%
- Precipitation: 70%
- Wind: 14 mph E
- Cloud Cover: 93%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the Houston Texans are a good bet -2?
The Texans’ defense stepped it up big time versus a scorching Tennessee offense. Houston held the Titans to only 21 points. Quarterback Ryan Tannehill completed only 22-of-36. Although Tannehill threw 2 touchdowns, he also threw a pick. If the Texans’ defense steps it up against Tampa Bay the way it did versus the Titans, Houston should win and cover.
- Total Yards: 375.9
- Passing Yards: 245.0
- Rushing Yards: 130.9
- Points Scored: 24.4
- Total Yards: 379.4
- Passing Yards: 266.1
- Rushing Yards: 113.3
- Points Allowed: 23.6
Why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a good bet +2?
Tampa Bay is one of the hottest teams in the NFL. The Buccaneers are on a 4-game winning streak. In Week 12, they beat Atlanta 35-22. Week 13 saw the Buccaneers take down the Jacksonville Jaguars 28-11. The Bucs beat Indianapolis 38-35 in Week 14. Just this past Sunday, the Buccaneers dominated Detroit 38-17. No reason exists for us to believe the Buccaneers don’t extend their winning streak to 5 games.
- Total Yards: 400.1
- Passing Yards: 308.8
- Rushing Yards: 91.4
- Points Scored: 29.7
- Total Yards: 350.1
- Passing Yards: 276.8
- Rushing Yards: 73.3
- Points Allowed: 28.4
NFL Week 16 Betting Trends for Houston Texans vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Texans are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on grass
- Houston is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games
- Texans are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite
- Over is 8-2 in Houston’s last 10 games as a road favorite
- Buccaneers are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games overall
- Tampa Bay is 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight-up win
- Buccaneers are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 Saturday games
- Over is 5-0 in Buccaneers last 5 home games
Texans vs Buccaneers Final NFL Betting Analysis
Tampa’s offense has dominated opposing defenses. That’s the main reason to go with Tampa Bay to upset Houston on the moneyline this Saturday.
Bruce Arians’ squad has hit its stride. Jameis Winston threw for 458 yards and 4 touchdowns against the Detroit Lions. In the past 4 games, Winston has thrown for 11 touchdowns to only 6 picks. He’s thrown for over 400 yards in 2 straight.
Although Houston’s defense is better than Detroit’s, the Texans should have trouble containing Winston. Houston could bounce in this after beating Tennessee in Week 15. All signs point to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers pulling off the SU victory.
NFL Free Pick: Buccaneers moneyline
More NFL Week 16 Betting News
- Jaguars vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Saints vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines, Preview & Analysis
- Cardinals vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Prediction & Pick
- Rams vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Game Preview
- NFL Picks Week 16 (Ep. 766)
- Giants vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread, Game Info & Pick
- Panthers vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Ravens vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Raiders vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 16 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Steelers vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Expert Analysis
- Bengals vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Bills vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Texans vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Pick