Biggest game of Week 15 around the NFL is the Houston Texans visiting the Tennessee Titans with the teams tied atop the AFC South Division at 8-5. They play again in Week 17 in Houston. The Titans are field-goal favorites on the Mybookie NFL odds for this one.
How to Bet Texans vs Titans NFL Week 15 Spread & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Nissan Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Opening NFL Lines: Tennessee Titans -3 (Total 49.5)
Texans vs Titans Last SeasonThe teams split in 2018. The game in Nashville was a 20-17 Titans victory. Ryan Succop kicked a 31-yard field goal with 1:00 left. Deshaun Watson and Houston had the ball last. With 17 seconds left, Watson ran around the field looking for a receiver. He found DeAndre Hopkins for a 31-yard completion to the Tennessee 21, but time expired before the Texans could run another play.
Watson threw for 310 yards and two TDs as Houston outgained Tennessee 437-283 in total offense. Titans All-Pro safety Kevin Byard set an NFL record when he tossed a 66-yard touchdown pass on a fake punt.
Why Bet on Houston?The Texans were upset 38-24 at home by Denver on Sunday. Broncos rookie quarterback Drew Lock, making his first-career road start, passed for 309 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. Lock is the first rookie in the Super Bowl era to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns in his first-career road start.
Deshaun Watson completed 28-of-50 passes for 292 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. He also added two touchdowns with his legs in the second half, notching Houston’s single-season record for the most rushing scores (6) for a quarterback. Watson finished with a passer rating of 63.1 against the Broncos, and he has yet to piece together a stint of three consecutive games with a passer rating over 100 since returning from his torn ACL.
Speedy WR Will Fuller’s (hamstring) absence hindered Houston’s offense from the beginning as they were faced with a 31-3 deficit heading into the half. Texans coach Bill O’Brien was noncommittal when asked of Fuller’s availability for Week 15 against the Titans. Injuries have limited Fuller to 10 or fewer games in each of his last three seasons.
Romeo Crennel’s Houston defense badly misses J.J. Watt. Since Watt went down against the Raiders in Week 8, the Texans rank 28th in the league in sack rate (4.6%) and 29th in pressure rate (25.1%). The Texans rank last in the league with a 21.5% pass rush win rate since the Watt injury.
The Texans are 3-0 when they lead after the first quarter this season (beating the Patriots and the Jaguars twice) and are 3-2 when they are tied after one quarter. Houston has scored 30 first-quarter points, which is the second fewest in the NFL, ahead of only the Washington Redskins (23). The Texans have been outscored 65-30 in first quarters.
- Points per Game: 24.38
- Passing Yards: 245.85
- Rushing Yards: 130.15
- Yards per Play: 5.92
- Points per Game: 23.77
- Passing Yards: 265.31
- Rushing Yards: 110.00
- Yards per Play: 5.94
Why Bet on Tennessee?Titans QB Ryan Tannehill completed 21 of 27 passes (77.8 percent) for 391 yards and three touchdowns with one interception for a 140.4 passer rating in the Titans’ 42-21 win at Oakland on Sunday. Tannehill joined Aaron Rodgers (three games in 2011) as the only players to complete at least 75 percent of their passes with a passer rating of 130 or higher (minimum 10 attempts) in three consecutive games in a single season in NFL history.
Tannehill also joined Russell Wilson (five games in 2015) as the only players with four consecutive games with at least two passing touchdowns and a passer rating of 125 or higher in NFL history. The ex-Dolphin is now averaging 9.9 yards per attempt and is leading all quarterbacks in expected points added per attempt.
Huge NumbersTennessee rookie wide receiver A.J. Brown registered a 91-yard touchdown reception against Oakland while Atlanta rookie wide receiver Olamide Zaccheaus recorded a 93-yard touchdown reception against Carolina, marking the first time that two rookies each recorded a touchdown reception of at least 90 yards in the same week in the common draft era. Brown caught 5-of-7 targets for 153 yards and two touchdowns. AJ, who became the first rookie with 150 or more receiving yards and two touchdowns in a game since Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans did it in November 2014.
Brown averaged 17.2 yards gained after the catch against the Raiders. Out of 102 players with at least 50 targets this season, Brown’s 12.8 yards per target is the highest in the NFL. The chemistry that Brown and Tannehill are developing provides a big-play element that had been missing from the Titans’ passing game.
Derrick Henry rushed 18 times for 103 yards and two touchdowns in the win. He now has a four-game streak of 100+ yards with a touchdown. Henry was clearly slowed by a hamstring injury, one that sent him to the bench earlier than normal.
- Points per Game: 24.46
- Passing Yards: 218.69
- Rushing Yards: 128.08
- Yards per Play: 5.90
- Points per Game: 19.62
- Passing Yards: 260.00
- Rushing Yards: 101.62
- Yards per Play: 5.45
Texans vs Titans NFL Week 15 Betting Trends
- Under is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings in Tennessee
- Favorite is 8-2 ATS in their last 10 meetings
- Home team is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Texans are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games this season
- Texans are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games against an opponent in the AFC South division
- Titans are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games played in December
- Titans are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee’s last 5 games at home
Expert Final Score Prediction for Texans vs TitansHouston Texans 21 – Tennessee Titans 23
More Week 15 NFL Betting News
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Week Fifteen DFS Picks (Ep. 641)
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- NFL Week 15 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Jaguars Cover the Huge Week 15 NFL Spread Against Texans?
Even More Texans vs Titans Archived Betting Articles
- Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans Opening Spreads and Betting Trends January 3, 2021
- NFL 2020 Week 9 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 7 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- Texans 36 vs Titans 42 Result NFL Week 6 Score
- Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans Odds and Computer Picks for Week 6
- NFL 2020 Week 6 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Week 3 O/U Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 ATS Picks
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 6 in 2020
- NFL AFC South Divisional Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- AFC South Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: AFC South Free Agency Week 1 Thoughts