After a stunning Week 17 loss to the Miami Dolphins, the New England Patriots limp into the playoffs. New England battles the Tennessee Titans in the AFC’s second Wild Card matchup on Saturday, Jan. 4. Will the Pats bounce back with a huge statement win and cover? Or, will Tennessee add to New England’s misery with a moneyline victory? See below for NFL Wild Card odds, a preview and a free pick for Titans vs Patriots!
How to Bet on Titans vs Patriots 2020 NFL Wild Card Spread & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, Jan. 4 at 8:15 pm ET
- Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- ATS Odds: Patriots -4 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 44
Why the Tennessee Titans are a good bet +4 ½?
Tennessee’s offense has rocked it in recent games. Save for a 24 to 21 loss to Houston in Week 15, the Titans haven’t scored less than 28 points in any matchup. They scored 31 against Indianapolis in a win. The Titans dropped a 42-point bomb onto Oakland in a victory. Tennessee scored 35 versus Houston in Week 17. The Titans even scored 28 against the Saints in a 38-28 loss. Tennessee can break down the Patriots first-ranked defense.
- Total Yards: 362.8
- Passing Yards: 223.9
- Rushing Yards: 138.9
- Points Scored: 25.1
- Total Yards: 359.5
- Passing Yards: 255
- Rushing Yards: 104.5
- Points Allowed: 20.7
Why the New England Patriots are a good bet -4 ½?
New England lost to Miami, but in the two weeks before that, they got their offense working. The Patriots scored 34 versus Cincinnati. They scored 24 against Buffalo. Even in the loss to Miami, New England scored 24. If the Patriots score 24 on Saturday, they should win and cover. Why? The defense remains the top unit in the NFL at points allowed per game.
- Total Yards: 354
- Passing Yards: 247.6
- Rushing Yards: 106.4
- Points Scored: 26.3
- Total Yards: 275.9
- Passing Yards: 180.4
- Rushing Yards: 95.5
- Points Allowed: 14.1
NFL Wild Card Betting Trends for Tennessee Titans vs New England Patriots
- Titans are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 versus the AFC
- Tennessee is 1-7 ATS in their last 8 Saturday games
- Titans are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games
- Over is 9-1 in Titans last 10
- Patriots are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 playoff games
- New England is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 home playoff games
- Patriots are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games on field turf
- Over is 5-1 in Patriots last 6 versus the AFC
Titans vs Patriots Final NFL Wild Card Betting Analysis
It makes sense for many to believe that the 2019-2020 New England Patriots are good enough to cover against the Tennessee Titans. The Patriots were the favorite to win the Super Bowl up until Baltimore beat them in Week 9.
But Bill Belichick’s defense has some flaws. Baltimore ran for 210 yards. The Titans have a legit 1,500 yards rusher in Derrick Henry. In Week 17, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 320 yards and a TD against the Patriots.
Ryan Tannehill completes 70.3% of his passes. Since his first start with Tennessee on Oct. 20, he’s thrown 22 touchdowns and only 6 interceptions. Tannehill and Henry will pressure the Patriots’ offense.
Anyone with eyeballs can see that Tom Brady’s skills have diminished. The Titans not only cover, but they also end the Patriots Dynasty on Saturday night.
NFL Wild Card Free Pick: Titans moneyline
More NFL Playoffs Betting News
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Betting Analysis
- NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 3
- Miami vs Las Vegas | NFL Predictions & Preview Game
- Green Bay vs San Francisco | Week 3 NFL 2021
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Arizona vs Jacksonville Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: New York Jets at Denver Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Baltimore vs Detroit Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Washington vs Buffalo | 2021 NFL Game Preview
- Indianapolis vs Tennessee | NFL Expert Prediction
- NFL Atlanta Falcons at New York Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL 2021 Regular Season Week 3 SU Betting Picks