The Tennessee Titans face the rival Houston Texans on the road in Week 17. There’s a lot at stake for the Titans. If Tennessee beats the Texans, they grab the final playoff spot. Will Tennessee come through as a road favorite? Or, will Houston send the Titans home for the playoffs? See below for NFL odds, a preview and a free pick for Titans vs Texans!
Titans vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Sunday, Dec. 29 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
- TV: CBS
- ATS Odds: Titans -6
- Over/Under Total Odds: 45 ½
- AM Showers: 17°C/63°F
- Humidity: 58%
- Precipitation: 60%
- Wind: 9 mph NW
- Cloud Cover: 71%
- Type of Stadium: Retractable
Why the Tennessee Titans are a good bet -6?
Tennessee has played well since making the switch to Ryan Tannehill. The former Miami Dolphins’ quarterback has spearheaded an offense that hasn’t scored less than 20 points in 9 straight. The Titans were up 14-0 against New Orleans in Week 16. The Saints, because Drew Brees plays quarterback for them, rallied for a 38-28 win. But on Sunday, Tennessee should face a Houston squad that rests its starters. The Titans can win and cover.
- Total Yards: 352.9
- Passing Yards: 222.3
- Rushing Yards: 130.6
- Points Scored: 24.2
- Total Yards: 362.4
- Passing Yards: 258.1
- Rushing Yards: 104.4
- Points Allowed: 19.9
Why the Houston Texans are a good bet +6?
Yes, Houston will rest Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, and everyone else they need for their wildcard matchup in two weeks. That doesn’t mean the Texans won’t fight hard to keep the Titans out of the playoffs. This is a rivalry game. A lot can happen in a rivalry game. Houston will put forth a great effort. Also, they’re the home team and get 6 points to work with.
- Total Yards: 375.9
- Passing Yards: 245
- Rushing Yards: 130.9
- Points Scored: 24.4
- Total Yards: 379.4
- Passing Yards: 266.1
- Rushing Yards: 113.3
- Points Allowed: 23.6
NFL Betting Trends for Tennessee Titans vs Houston Texans
- Titans are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games versus a team with a winning home record
- Tennessee is 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite
- Titans are 2-6 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Over is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings in Houston
- Texans are 9-2-1 ATS in their last 12 games following an ATS loss
- Houston is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 home games
- Texans are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 250 total yards in their previous game
- Titans are 4-12-1 ATS in the last 17 meetings
Titans vs Texans Final NFL Betting Analysis
If Houston doesn’t beat Tennessee on Sunday, Tennessee faces either New England or Kansas City the following week. The Texans don’t care about that. They know they must prepare as soon as possible for the Buffalo Bills, their first-round playoff opponent.
What does that mean for this game? Not only will Houston rest their starters, they won’t pull any big plays from the playbook. The Texans figure to go through the motions throughout this. When it comes to NFL football, saving something in the tank for important games matters. Houston must save something in the tank because the Buffalo Bills are a good football team.
Expect Houston to play hard but not to the point of exhaustion. Tennessee has no choice but to lay it all on the field. Titans win and cover.
NFL Free Pick: Titans -6
More NFL Week 17 Betting News
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Over/Under Betting Picks
- Raiders vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Titans vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Cardinals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Chargers vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- NFL Week 17 Christmas MEGAPOD (Ep. 768)
- Steelers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Jets vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Falcons vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Eagles vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Analysis & Prediction