Of the 8 divisions spread across the 2 NFL conferences, only 2 have been clinched so far, which gives you an idea of just how important the final 3 weeks of the season are going to be. There are a couple of divisions that could well be wrapped up this weekend, with the AFC North among the most likely to be done and dusted. The Week 15 NFL odds favorite Minnesota Vikings had a chance to clinch last weekend, but failed to do, and will get another shot at it this coming Sunday when they welcome in the Cincinnati Bengals.
It really is just a matter of time before the Vikings close things out, but you get the sense that they would like to get it done sooner rather than later. This weekend represents a very good opportunity for Minnesota, as they are going against a Bengals team that has not been very good this season, and which may well end up getting totally blown up in the offseason. It’s no real surprise that the Vikings come into this one as a 10 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 42.
Bengals (5-8) vs. Vikings (10-3) Week 15 NFL Odds & Game Preview
A.J. Green Postgame Interview: pic.twitter.com/t1EB5hcS8f
— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) 10 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 17 at 1 PM EST
- Where: US Bank Stadium, Minnesota
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 102.7 FM (Cincinnati) / 100.3 FM (Minnesota)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Odds: Minnesota Vikings -10.5 (Over/Under at 42)
- Overcast: -2°C/29°F
- Humidity: 82%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 97%
- Wind: 4 mph NW
- Stadium Type: Indoor
Recent Head to Head (Last 5 Games)
- Record: Cincinnati Bengals lead 3-2
- Score: Cincinnati Bengals 23.80 / Minnesota Vikings 20.00
- Rush Yards: Cincinnati Bengals 108.20 / Minnesota Vikings 124.40
- Pass Attempts: Cincinnati Bengals 34.80 / Minnesota Vikings 31.80
- Completion Percentage: Cincinnati Bengals 62.64 / Minnesota Vikings 57.23
- Passing Yards: Cincinnati Bengals 219.00 / Minnesota Vikings 202.00
- Total Yards: Cincinnati Bengals 327.2 / Minnesota Vikings 326.4
- Turnovers: Cincinnati Bengals 1.40 / Minnesota Vikings 3.20
Why bet on the Cincinnati Bengals?
A couple of weeks ago, the Bengals were still alive, albeit only just, in the AFC Wild Card race, but back to back losses to the Steelers and the Bears has dropped them to 5-8 and out of the playoff picture. The postseason misses are now starting to add up for the Bengals, and you feel that something needs to give this offseason. We may well see a changing of the guard among the coaching staff, as well as several players being told that they are surplus to requirements.
This was a talented team for a few years, but they totally underachieved, and now need to potentially look at a complete overhaul. The Bengals have not been good on the road over the past couple of seasons, going just 3-10 in their last 13 away games. That said, they have gone 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games away from home.
- Average Score For: 17.38
- Total Yards: 277.23
- Rush Yards: 79.38
- Passing Yards: 197.85
- Average Score Against: 20.85
- Total Yards: 345.38
- Rush Yards: 132.00
- Passing Yards: 213.38
Why bet on the Minnesota Vikings?
The Vikings are sure to still be kicking themselves a little after losing to the Carolina Panthers last weekend and missing out on the chance to clinch the division. That loss also hurt their chances of being the number 1 seed in the NFC, and when you consider the records of the teams sitting behind them, there is a chance that the Vikings could fall into a Wild Card game if they do not get back to winning ways this weekend.
The biggest surprise in their defeat last weekend was the fact that the defense surrendered 31 points, which was well above their 18 PPG season average. These things happen, though, and I believe the defense will be back in business this weekend against a Bengals offensive unit that has struggled all season long. Minnesota is tough to take down in their own building, and are 6-1 SU and ATS in their last 7 home games.
- Average Score For: 23.77
- Total Yards: 369.31
- Rush Yards: 121.08
- Passing Yards: 248.23
- Average Score Against: 18.08
- Total Yards: 293.39
- Rush Yards: 88.31
- Passing Yards: 205.08
Latest NFL Week 15 Betting Trends
- Bengals are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games on the road
- Bengals are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The total has gone Under in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games
- Vikings are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- Vikings are 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 7 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I see this as being a comfortable win for the Vikings, as I just don’t see any way that the Bengals are going to be able to score on this defense. Let’s take Minnesota to back and cover the Week 15 NFL odds, and let’s also go with the UNDER.
Score: Cincinnati Bengals 10 – Minnesota Vikings 24