The Chicago Bears (5-4) are an underdog by just 2.5 points as they attempt to halt a three-game slide in a matchup with the Minnesota Vikings (3-5) on Monday, November 16, 2020 at Soldier Field. The contest’s point total is set at 45.0.
- Game Day: Monday, November 16, 2020
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Stadium: Soldier Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Vikings Betting Insights
- Minnesota has compiled a 5-3 record against the spread this season.
- The Vikings are just 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Most of Minnesota’s games this year — six out of eight — have hit the over (75%).
- The Vikings, on average, score six more points per game this season (27.1) than the Bears allow (21.1).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Minnesota is 3-2 and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 21.1 points or fewer this year, the Bears have put together a 3-1 overall record and a 2-2 record against the spread.
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago has a 5-4 record against the spread.
- The Bears are just 0-1 ATS when an underdog by at least 2.5 points.
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — six out of nine — have not gone over the point total (66.7%).
- The Bears have averaged 9.4 fewer points per game this season (19.8) than the Vikings have allowed (29.2).
- Chicago is 4-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when they score at least 19.8 points this season.
- When Minnesota allows opposing offenses to put 29.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
|Bears (+2.5)||Over (45)||Bears 27 Vikings 21|
- The average total the Vikings have had set in matchups this season is 11.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bears this season is 4.1 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Vikings and their opponents have recorded more than 45.0 points in 87.5% of their outings this season (seven of eight opportunities).
- Chicago and its opponents have added up to score more than 45.0 points in 33.3% of their games this season (three of nine opportunities).
- The Vikings and the Bears combine to average 1.9 more points per game than the over/under of 45.0 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 50.3 points per game, 5.3 more than the over/under in this game.
Vikings vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
Chicago holds a 4-1 advantage over Minnesota in the last five matchups between these two teams. The Vikings and Bears have a split 1-1 record against the spread in those games. Chicago has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 96 points while Minnesota scored 78.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/29/2019||Bears||Vikings||-4||36||-220||+190||337-300 CHI||21-19 CHI|
|9/29/2019||PUSH||Bears||-0||38.5||-107||+-107||269-222 CHI||16-6 CHI|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Vikings||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||332-164 CHI||24-10 CHI|
|11/18/2018||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||308-268 CHI||25-20 CHI|
|12/31/2017||N/A||Vikings||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||327-201 MIN||23-10 MIN|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Minnesota is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over the last three contests.
- The over has been familiar to Minnesota. They have gone over the total three times in their last three games.
- The Vikings total over the last three games is 10.7 points more than the 45.0 total given for this matchup.
- Chicago has struggled to cover lately, going 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over the last three contests.
- The under has been the norm for Chicago. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three games.
- The Bears total over the last three games is 3.7 points fewer than the 45.0 over/under given for this matchup.
Vikings: SS George Iloka: Out (Acl), OLB Anthony Barr: Out (Pectoral), DE Danielle Hunter: Out (Back), ILB Todd Davis: Out (Illness), OLB Ben Gedeon: Out (Undisclosed), CB Mike Hughes: Out (Neck), CB Holton Hill: Out (Exempt), CB Mark Fields II: Out (Chest), ILB Cameron Smith: Out (Heart), DE Kenny Willekes: Out (Leg), CB Cameron Dantzler: Questionable (Concussion), S Myles Dorn: Out (Undisclosed)
Bears: DB Sherrick McManis: Questionable (Hand), OT Bobby Massie: Out (Knee), NT John Jenkins: Questionable (Ankle), CB Artie Burns: Out (Torn Acl), C Cody Whitehair: Out (Illness), FS Deon Bush: Out (Illness), OLB Devante Bond: Out (Undisclosed), DE Roy Robertson-Harris: Out (Shoulder), DB Tre Roberson: Out (Foot), QB Mitchell Trubisky: Out (Shoulder), RB Tarik Cohen: Out (Knee), G James Daniels: Out (Pectoral), WR Javon Wims: Out (Suspension), K Eddy Piñeiro: Out (Groin), RB David Montgomery: Questionable (Concussion), C Sam Mustipher: Questionable (Knee), TE Darion Clark: Out (Shoulder), OL Lachavious Simmons: Out (Illness)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL 2021 Conference Championship Playoffs Power Rankings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 21st Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks