With their playoff hopes virtually extinguished, Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers will look to play the role of spoilers when they host Dalvin Cook and the Super Bowl-hopeful Minnesota Vikings in their Week 15 inter-conference clash. With the Vikings looking to improve their chances of winning the NFC North and the Bolts looking to play well down the stretch of the 2019 campaign, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NFL odds in this matchup.
Vikings vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 15 Spread, Preview & Game Prediction
- When: Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, CA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Minnesota / Los Angeles
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 15 Odds: Minnesota -2.5 / Total: 44.5
- Sunny: 18°C/65°F
- Humidity: 46%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Wind: 13 mph NNW
- Cloud Cover: 7%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Minnesota?
Minnesota might be on the road and giving up almost a field goal, but there are a bunch of great reasons to back the Vikings in this contest. First things first, Minnesota is looking to improve their playoff standing before the end of the regular season while challenging a Green Bay team that is one up in the win column for the NFC North division title.
Then, there’s the fact that the Vikings are statistically better on both sides of the ball in this inter-conference clash and have one of the game’s best running backs in Dalvin Cook who ranks fourth in rushing yards. Last, but not least, the Chargers have gone an uninspiring 2-3 at home this season.
- Average Score For: 26.08
- Total Yards: 374.77
- Pass Yards: 239.00
- Rush Yards: 135.77
- Average Score Against: 19.15
- Total Yards: 338.47
- Pass Yards: 236.62
- Rush Yards: 101.85
Why Bet On The LA Chargers?
The Chargers might be home underdogs in this contest, but there are still some good reasons to back the Bolts in Week 15. While Los Angeles has far underachieved this year after winning a dozen games last season, the Chargers probably have as much overall talent on their roster as any team in the league.
Then, there’s the fact that the Bolts are coming off their best performance of the season in walloping Jacksonville 45-10 last weekend to snap a three-game losing streak. Another good reason to back L.A. in this contest is the fact that the Chargers have a solid defense that is almost identical to Minnesota in points allowed. Last, but not least, the Vikings have gone 3-4 in seven road dates this season.
- Average Score For: 22.23
- Total Yards: 375.69
- Pass Yards: 278.46
- Rush Yards: 97.23
- Average Score Against: 19.31
- Total Yards: 304.85
- Pass Yards: 196.62
- Rush Yards: 108.23
NFL Week 15 Betting Trends for Vikings vs Chargers
- Vikings are 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games
- Vikings are 7-2 SU in the last 9 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games
- Chargers are 4-8 ATS in the last 12 games
- Chargers are 4-8 SU in the last 12 games
- The total went UNDER in 8 of LA Chargers’ last 12 games
Vikings vs Chargers Expert Analysis and Prediction
Minnesota has seven of their last nine including their convincing 20-7 smackdown of Detroit on Sunday. The Vikings have gone an impressive 11-5-1 ATS in their last 17 games as a favorite and 5-2-1 ATS in their last eight games against a team with a losing record. On the flip side of the coin, the Chargers have gone a completely pitiful 7-18-1 ATS in their last 26 home games and 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.
The bottom line for me is that the Chargers are a big ass bunch of underachievers that will let you down when you least expect it while Minnesota plays to the best of their abilities. In addition to that, I also have to give the edge in coaching to Minnesota’s Mike Zimmer over the Bolts’ Anthony Lynn. I’ve got the Vikes pulling this one out by the narrowest of margins.
Pick: Minnesota 27 LA Chargers 23
More NFL Week 15 Betting News
- Vikings vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 15 Spread, Preview & Game Prediction
- Falcons vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 15 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Jaguars vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 15 Lines, Game Info & Betting Prediction
- Texans vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 15 Spread & Game Preview
- Browns vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 15 Odds, Game Preview & Expert Pick
- Rams vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Week 15 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Bills vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 15 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Seahawks vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 15 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Jets vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 15 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colts vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 15 Betting Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Bears vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 15 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Dolphins vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 15 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Eagles vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Buccaneers vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 15 Betting Lines & Analysis