At the midway point of the NFL season, we have seen some very clear favorites emerge from the pack, the majority of whom are not really that surprising. The defending champion New England Patriots are unbeaten and have what looks to be the best defense in the league by quite some margin. Over in the NFC, we expected the San Francisco 49ers to be good, but very few people would have guessed that they would still be unbeaten at this stage of the season. Whether these two represent their respective conferences in the Super Bowl remains to be seen, especially with some very stiff competition right on their heels.
Two teams that you might expect to be serious challengers will go head to head this weekend, with the Minnesota Vikings heading to Arrowhead Stadium to face a Kansas City Chiefs team that is once again unlikely to have their starting QB available. Can the Vikings take advantage of the weakened Chiefs, or will KC rise up at home? The Vikings are favored by 2 ½, with the point total set at 47.
Vikings vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Sunday, November 3 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 9 Odds: Minnesota Vikings -2.5
- Partly Cloudy: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 5%
- Precipitation: 12%
- Cloud Cover: 2%
- Wind: 11 mph ESE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Minnesota Vikings?
The Minnesota Vikings are heading to Kansas City on a hot streak, coming into this one having won 4 straight games. That run takes them to 6-2 on the season, which is still only good enough for second in the NFC North, which the Green Bay Packers lead with a 7-1 record. Still, the Vikings are sitting pretty in the Wild Card race and are still plenty close enough to make a run at the division title in the second half of the season.
This is never an easy trip, but the Vikings offense might well enjoy going against a Chiefs D that has looked very leaky at times. Minnesota did huff and puff a little in a 19-9 win over the Redskins last week, but that performance looks to be a blip on the radar. The Vikings are 1-4 SU in their last 5 visits to Arrowhead, but they are 16-4 ATS in their last 20 games versus AFC opponents.
- Points per Game: 26.38
- Passing Yards: 236.25
- Rushing Yards: 160.13
- Yards per Play: 6.43
- Points per Game: 16.50
- Passing Yards: 224.50
- Rushing Yards: 89.38
- Yards per Play: 5.06
Why bet on the Kansas City Chiefs?
While the Chiefs come into this one without their starting QB and on a run that has seen them lose 3 of their last 4 games, they still have the benefit of playing in one of the weaker divisions in the league. Even if they lose this one, which is a distinct possibility, they will still be sitting at 5-4 on top of the division, with Patrick Mahomes expected to return to action in Week 10.
In short, this is a stumble that should not affect the Chiefs ability to make it into the playoffs. They have enjoyed hosting the Vikings, going 4-1 SU in their last 5 meetings at Arrowhead, but things have not bee great against the spread at home, where the Chiefs are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Points per Game: 28.86
- Passing Yards: 317.71
- Rushing Yards: 82.29
- Yards per Play: 6.65
- Points per Game: 21.43
- Passing Yards: 228.57
- Rushing Yards: 148.46
- Yards per Play: 5.48
Vikings vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 9 Betting Trends
- Chiefs are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played in November
- Chiefs are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC North division
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games this season
- Vikings are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Vikings are 16-4 ATS in their last 20 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 7 games on the road
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Vikings vs Chiefs
Matt Moore played quite well as the backup in the Chiefs last game, but it still resulted in a home loss to the Green Bay Packers. I have a feeling that we are going to see more of the same this weekend, which is why I am on the Vikings to win and cover.
Score: Minnesota Vikings 33 – Kansas City Chiefs 24
More Week 9 NFL Betting News
- Chargers vs Seahawks NFL Week 9 Spread & Preview
- Rams vs Saints NFL Week 9 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Cowboys NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- How to Bet Packers vs Patriots NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Texans vs Broncos NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Falcons vs Redskins NFL Week 9 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet Lions vs Vikings NFL Week 9 Spread & Pick
- Bears vs Bills NFL Week 9 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Week Nine NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 623)
- Steelers vs Ravens NFL Week 9 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Raiders vs 49ers NFL Week 9 Spread & Pick
- Chiefs at Browns NFL Week 9 Lines & Betting Preview
- Buccaneers vs Panthers NFL Week 9 Odds & Prediction
- NFL Week 9 Over/Under Betting Picks
Even More Vikings vs Chiefs Archived Betting Articles
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 14 in 2020
- 2020 NFL Betting – Tom Brady & the Bucs
- How to Handicap the 1st half of the 2020 NFL Betting Season
- NFL Betting for the First Week of Games
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- 2020 NFL Divisional Round Parlay Picks
- Vikings 23 @ Chiefs 26 Result NFL Week 9 Score
- Vikings vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Week 10 NFL Upset Picks Primed To Pull Off Road Upsets!
- Expert Picks and Week 12 NFL Odds Preview
- NFL Betting Long Shot Picks: Super Bowl 50 Highlights