The Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings will both be going all-out in order to get the win and improve on their respective chances of winning the top seed in the quickly approaching NFC playoffs. With both teams in this matchup rolling along nicely right now, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their NFL odds in this intriguing pairing.
Vikings vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:15 PM ET
- Where: CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: Minnesota / Seattle
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 13 Odds: Seattle -3 / Total: 49.5
- Chance of Thunderstorm: 1°C/33°F
- Humidity: 85%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 3 mph ESE
- Cloud Cover: 27%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Minnesota?
Minnesota might be on the road in this contest, but there are a bunch of good reasons to back the Vikings in this contest. First, the Vikings are playing well right now, having won two straight and six of their last seven games overall with their only loss during the span being a narrow 26-23 road loss to Kansas City. Then, there’s the fact that the Vikings have the better statistical defense in this affair and one that ranks an encouraging sixth in points allowed (18.6 ppg).
Minnesota also ranks a stellar fourth in rushing and eighth in scoring (26.3 ppg). Star running back Dalvin Cook is having a breakout season as he ranks third in rushing yards with 1,017. Minnesota will be well-rested in this contest after getting a bye this past weekend as veteran quarterback Kirk Cousins has actually looked competent by tossing12 TD passes and no picks over his last five starts.
- Average Score For: 26.27
- Total Yards: 378.54
- Pass Yards: 236.09
- Rush Yards: 142.45
- Average Score Against: 18.64
- Total Yards: 338.63
- Pass Yards: 244.45
- Rush Yards: 94.18
Why Bet On Seattle?
There are a bunch of great reasons to back the Seahawks in this matchup, starting with the fact that the Seahawks are playing some outstanding football right now, having won four straight and seven of their last eight games overall including a convincing 17-9 win over Philadelphia last weekend. Then, there’s the fact that the Seahawks have a flat-out superstar in veteran quarterback Russell Wilson. One of the league’s top MVP candidates, Wilson is second in quarterback rating (to Cousins, ironically), sixth in passing yards and tied with Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson for the league lead in TD passes (24).
Seattle ranks an encouraging seventh in scoring (26.5 ppg) and their defense is clearly improving each week. Last but not least, the Seahawks have already suffered two home losses this season, so they’ll be motivated to avoid another home loss.
- Average Score For: 26.55
- Total Yards: 385.64
- Pass Yards: 248.55
- Rush Yards: 137.09
- Average Score Against: 23.91
- Total Yards: 370.46
- Pass Yards: 268.91
- Rush Yards: 101.55
NFL Week 13 Betting Trends for Vikings vs Seahawks
- Vikings are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games against Seattle
- Vikings are 6-1 SU in the last 7 games
- The total went OVER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games
- Seahawks are 4-2 ATS in the last 6 games.
- Seahawks are 7-1 SU in the last 8 games
- The total went OVER in 14 of Seattle’s last 20 games
Vikings vs Seahawks Expert Analysis and Prediction
Besides the fact that Seattle is playing at home, the Seahawks also have the big edge at quarterback with Russell Wilson being light years ahead of Kirk Cousins. More importantly, Minnesota has suffered all three of their losses this season on the road and it definitely doesn’t look good that one of those defeats came against what we now know is a mediocre Bears team. The Vikings have struggled to get past Dallas and had to pull off a huge comeback to avoid a loss against lowly Denver the last time they took the field.
The Favorite and home team have gone an identical 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings in this rivalry while Minnesota has gone a dismal1-5 ATS in their last 6 road dates against Seattle. The Vikings are also a discouraging 4-12 ATS in their last 16 games against a team with a winning record while Seattle has gone 10-4-1 ATS in their last 15 Monday Night Football games and a bankroll-boosting 11-5-1 ATS in their last 17 games against their NFC counterparts. Russell Wilson leads Seattle to the solid home win and ATS cover in a hard-fought ‘street brawl’ kind of contest.
Pick: Seattle 27 Minnesota 23
More NFL Week 13 Betting News
- Patriots vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines, Betting Prediction & Pick
- Browns vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- 49ers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 13 Betting Lines & Preview
- 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Day Betting Preview
- Saints vs Falcons 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Spread, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bills vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Bears vs Lions 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Odds, Preview & Pick
- Raiders vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 13 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Rams vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Chargers vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines & Betting Prediction
- How to Bet Eagles vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 13 Spread & Prediction
- Packers vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines, Preview & Expert Pick
- Buccaneers vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 13 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Redskins vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Preview & Pick