Since the salary cap was introduced to the NFL, most teams in the league have gone through some roller-coaster years. Keeping a competitive team on the field while staying within the financial boundaries imposed by the league is tough, and only a handful of teams manage to do it for extended periods of time. Most teams need to go through some sort of rebuilding process every few years, but then there are a few that seem to always be rebuilding or just outright failing, just as the NFL Week 11 spread underdog Cleveland Browns.
It’s more than fair to suggest that the Jacksonville Jaguars also fall into that category, as they have seen any sort of success elude them for as long as any of us can remember. Don’t look now, though, as it would appear that the Jaguars are very much in the playoff hunt this season, and are in fact in a tie for the division lead in the AFC South.
They will head to Cleveland this weekend to face a Browns team that is delivering more of the same, and who are winless through their first 9 games. The Jags are a 7 ½ point road favorite in the NFL odds for Week 11, and the point total for this one has been set at 37.
Jacksonville (6-3) at Cleveland (0-9) NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
— NFL (@NFL) 16 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, November 19, 1 PM EST
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 92.5 FM (Jacksonville) / 98.5 FM (Cleveland)
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- NFL Week 11 Spread: Jacksonville Jaguars -7.5
- Over/Under: 37
- Snow showers: 3°C/37°F
- Humidity: 65%
- Precipitation: 37%
- Cloud Cover: 93%
- Wind: 23 mph W
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Tied 5-5
- Score: Jacksonville Jaguars 19.30 / Cleveland Browns 18.20
- Rush Yards: Jacksonville Jaguars 129.90 / Cleveland Browns 112.00
- Pass Attempts: Jacksonville Jaguars 33.50 / Cleveland Browns 29.00
- Completion Percentage: Jacksonville Jaguars 56.42 / Cleveland Browns 60.00
- Passing Yards: Jacksonville Jaguars 172.20 / Cleveland Browns 209.00
- Total Yards: Jacksonville Jaguars 302.1 / Cleveland Browns 321.00
- Turnovers: Jacksonville Jaguars 1.80 / Cleveland Browns 1.60
Why bet on the Jacksonville Jaguars?
The Jaguars are coming into this game on a 3-game winning streak that has taken them to 6-3 on the season, and into the hunt for a division crown. They look like a very good bet in this game, but let’s not forget that you need to go all the way back to 2007 to find the last time that this team put together 4 straight wins, which may just be enough to give some people pause. There are a lot of football fans who are still not sold on the ability of Blake Bortles to lead this team to the promised land, but with a solid running game and excellent defense, his mistakes are not as harmful as they have been in years past.
The Jags are giving up less than 15 PPG this season, and with a running game that is averaging over 162 YPG, they are eating up time of possession, which also helps their D. The Jags are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games in Cleveland and are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games overall, a couple of reasons to be considered as the NFL Week 11 Spread favorites.
- Average Score For: 25.11
- Total Yards: 370.67
- Rush Yards: 162.89
- Passing Yards: 207.78
- Average Score Against: 14.89
- Total Yards: 285.78
- Rush Yards: 120.67
- Passing Yards: 165.11
Why bet on the Cleveland Browns?
There really isn’t very much to like about this Cleveland Browns team right now, which is disappointing when you consider that they had what everyone believed was a very good draft day. DeShone Kizer has struggled as the starting QB, and while Myles Garrett has shown flashes of brilliance, he is often fighting a lone battle on defense. If there is one bright spot on the Browns, it is that they have been tough to run against, giving up less than 90 YPG on the ground. That may mean that they can force Bortles to throw, which could potentially lead to turnovers.
There are a lot of ifs and buts in there, though, and Cleveland has yet to put together a complete game that would suggest they can get the win here. The Browns are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall, but perhaps more disturbing is the fact that they are just 4-15-1 ATS in their last 20 home games.
- Average Score For: 15.89
- Total Yards: 313.67
- Rush Yards: 106.89
- Passing Yards: 206.78
- Average Score Against: 26.67
- Total Yards: 317.00
- Rush Yards: 86.44
- Passing Yards: 230.56
Latest Betting Trends for NFL Week 11
- Jaguars are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Jaguars are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 5 games
- Browns are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games
- Browns are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Jacksonville
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Cleveland’s last 10 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
We have reached the point where a winless season for the Browns looks like a distinct possibility. I certainly don’t see them getting the win this weekend, which is why I am taking Jacksonville to win and cover the NFL Week 11 Spread.
Score: Jacksonville Jaguars 27 – Cleveland Browns 13