One of the great things about the NFL is that it is possible for a team to move from the cellar to the penthouse in a relatively short period of time. A good draft, a couple of solid offseason acquisitions, or even a coaching change is sometimes all it takes to get a team back to winning ways. The NFL Week 13 betting favorite LA Rams were a disaster last season, but things are very different now.
One of the big talking points in LA was the drafting of Jared Goff at QB. There were a lot of people, with Fisher reportedly among that group, who did not believe it to be the best move. Goff’s play in his first year seemed to prove that point correct, but in fairness to the young man, it cannot be easy to perform when everyone doubts your abilities. A new coach and a new system have fit Goff and the Rams to a tee, and they are now one of the top teams in the NFC.
They have a real shot at winning the West, and can really help their cause this weekend when they hit the road to face the Arizona Cardinals. The Rams are a 7-point road favorite, with the point total set at 44 ½.
NFL Week 13 Betting Preview & Expert Pick: Rams vs. Cardinals
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) 1 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 3 at 4:25 PM EST
- Where: University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 100.3 FM (Los Angeles) / 107.1 FM (Arizona)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 13 Betting Odds: Los Angeles Rams -7 (Over/Under at 44.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 24°C/76°F
- Humidity: 28%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 43%
- Wind: 4 mph WSW
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Tied 5-5
- Score: Los Angeles Rams 17.10 / Arizona Cardinals 22.00
- Rush Yards: Los Angeles Rams 99.90 / Arizona Cardinals 95.30
- Pass Attempts: Los Angeles Rams 30.60 / Arizona Cardinals 40.30
- Completion Percentage: Los Angeles Rams 57.52 / Arizona Cardinals 61.54
- Passing Yards: Los Angeles Rams 189.10 / Arizona Cardinals 271.80
- Total Yards: Los Angeles Rams 289.00 / Arizona Cardinals 367.1
- Turnovers: Los Angeles Rams 1.60 / Arizona Cardinals 2.00
Why bet on the LA Rams?
When you look at the big picture, you see that the Rams have drafted very well over the past 3 years. It all began with taking RB Todd Gurley, who went on to win the Rookie of the Year, followed by the pick-up of Goff. That partnership was not able to click on their first year together, but no that Goff has his act together, Gurley is once again back to his dominating best. It’s a one-two punch that defenses have struggled against this season, as the Rams are now averaging close to 30 PPG.
The defense has been incredibly stingy, too, giving up about 18 PPG to this point. That combination has helped the Rams win 5 of their last 6, with the lone defeat coming at the hands of the very impressive Minnesota Twins. LA has been solid on the road this year, going 4-1 SU and 3-2 ATS. The last 10 meetings between these two have been split right down the middle, so this one may be closer than some people expect.
- Average Score For: 29.91
- Total Yards: 379.00
- Rush Yards: 117.00
- Passing Yards: 262.00
- Average Score Against: 18.73
- Total Yards: 335.72
- Rush Yards: 123.27
- Passing Yards: 212.45
Why bet on the Arizona Cardinals?
Just when it looked as though the Cardinals might be ready to call it quits on their season, they come up with a huge win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Fans are not getting too carried away, though, as this team is still a game under .500, and would pretty much need to be perfect from here on out if they are to have any shot at cracking a Wild Card spot.
Winning the rest of the way is going to be tough for a team that is being forced to deal with more than its fair share of injuries this season. This is a team comprised of a lot of veterans, though, so they certainly what it takes to get the job done.
The Cardinals have been able to maintain a winning record at home this season, going 3-2, and are 2-2-1 ATS in games played in their own building. The UNDER has hit in 7 of their last 10 games.
- Average Score For: 18.45
- Total Yards: 329.46
- Rush Yards: 72.82
- Passing Yards: 256.64
- Average Score Against: 25.27
- Total Yards: 332.82
- Rush Yards: 100.18
- Passing Yards: 232.64
Latest NFL Week 13 Betting Trends
- Rams are 8-14-1 ATS in their last 23 games
- Rams are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Rams’ last 5 games
- Cardinals are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 games
- Cardinals are 15-7 SU in its last 22 games when playing LA Rams
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Arizona’s last 10 games
Expert NFL Week 13 Betting Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Rams would take one step closer to a playoff berth with a win here, and it’s tough to imagine that they won’t be able to get past a team that is so serious banged up. I like the Rams to win and cover, and the point total to go UNDER.
Score: LA Rams 24 – Arizona Cardinals 19