By Week 13 of the season, which is where we are at this weekend, the divisions usually start to take shape, and we reach the point where we are talking more about the potential Wild Card teams. The AFC has the Steelers and Patriots miles ahead of everyone else, but the race for the scraps is tight, and there is a distinct possibility that at least one team will sneak into the postseason with an 8-8 record. The NFL Week 13 spread favored Baltimore Ravens are currently at 6-5 and may end up being one of those lucky teams.
Things are a little tougher over in the NFC, where a 7-4 record for the Seahawks is not enough to have them in a playoff spot. The Detroit Lions are sitting at 6-5, and need wins if they are to make a serious run at the Wild Card in the final few weeks.
The Lions and Ravens hook up this weekend, with Baltimore in as a 2 ½ point favorite, while the point total is set at 43 ½.
NFL Week 13 Spread & Game Preview: Detroit Lions (6-5) vs. Baltimore Ravens (6-5)
Back to the grind. #OnePride
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) 30 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 3 at 1 PM EST
- Where: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 95.7 FM (Detroit) / 97.9 FM (Baltimore)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 13 Spread: Baltimore Ravens -3 (Over/Under at 43)
- Clear: 12°C/54°F
- Humidity: 46%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 11%
- Wind: 5 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head Statistics (Last 5 Games)
- Record: Baltimore Ravens lead 3-2
- Score: Detroit Lions 20.40 / Baltimore Ravens 24.40
- Rush Yards: Detroit Lions 119.20 / Baltimore Ravens 153.80
- Pass Attempts: Detroit Lions 31.60 / Baltimore Ravens 33.20
- Completion Percentage: Detroit Lions 54.43 / Baltimore Ravens 57.23
- Passing Yards: Detroit Lions 182.60 / Baltimore Ravens 204.20
- Total Yards: Detroit Lions 301.8 / Baltimore Ravens 358.00
- Turnovers: Detroit Lions 1.80 / Baltimore Ravens 1.40
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?
The Detroit Lions had hauled themselves back into the playoff picture with 3 straight wins, but a 30-23 loss to the Minnesota Vikings last weekend saw them take a step in the wrong direction. If there are any positives to be taken from that defeat, it’s that they were able to put up 23 points on a Vikings defense that has only been giving up about 17 PPG this season.
Matthew Stafford has certainly earned his big contract this year, but far too often he is being asked to essentially win games for the Lions on his own. He is getting little in the way of help from his defense and is usually forced to throw the ball all over the field in an attempt to play catch-up. The Lions are probably happy to be back on the road this weekend, as they are a solid 4-1 SU away from Ford Field this season.
That said, they are just 2-3 ATS in those games. 4 of Detroit’s last 6 visits to Baltimore have ended with the point total going OVER.
- Average Score For: 26.73
- Total Yards: 333.61
- Rush Yards: 78.27
- Passing Yards: 255.34
- Average Score Against: 24.00
- Total Yards: 359.45
- Rush Yards: 116.18
- Passing Yards: 243.27
Why bet on the Baltimore Ravens?
John Harbaugh has done a great job as head coach of the Baltimore Ravens, but this is a sport where you are measured by what you have done recently. The Ravens have missed the playoffs in back to back seasons, and you have to believe that a third straight year of football with the postseason may mean a shake-up in Baltimore.
The Ravens are in the playoffs right now, but it’s a rather perilous spot given their record and how many teams are within range right on their heels. Baltimore has proven to be a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team this season, and are at their best when the defense delivers the goods, which they have in back to back weeks, allowing Baltimore to win two in a row. The Ravens are 3-2 at home this season, but just 2-3 ATS in those games.
- Average Score For: 21.45
- Total Yards: 281.09
- Rush Yards: 116.82
- Passing Yards: 164.27
- Average Score Against: 17.00
- Total Yards: 305.73
- Rush Yards: 115.82
- Passing Yards: 189.91
Latest NFL Week 13 Betting Trends
- Lions are 2-4-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Lions are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 12 games on the road
- Ravens are 2-3-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Ravens are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games when playing Detroit
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
While the Lions have been good on the road this season, I think they are going to have a tough time breaking down the Ravens defense. I’m going with Baltimore to win and cover the NFL Week 13 spread, and the point total to go UNDER.
Score: Detroit Lions 17 – Baltimore Ravens 24