The Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans have both had their respective 2017 campaigns derailed by costly injuries that left them with no chance of reaching the postseason or recording winning records. Now, with nothing left to play for, which team is offering the best value according to the NFL lines for this Week 17 AFC South divisional battle?
Let’s find out right now NFL betting enthusiasts!
Texans (4-10) vs. Colts (3-12) Week 17 NFL Lines & Prediction
QB Josh Johnson: “I think I can help if opportunity calls for me to get out there.” pic.twitter.com/Yk60jBVWiv
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) 28 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 31, 2017, 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Lucas Oil Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 610 AM (Houston) / 107.3 FM (Indianapolis)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Lines: Indianapolis -5 (Over/Under at 40 points)
- Overcast: -12°C/11°F
- Humidity: 75%
- Precipitation: 15%
- Cloud Cover: 90%
- Wind: 6 mph NNW
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Indianapolis Colts lead 7-3
- Score: Houston Texans 17.90 / Indianapolis Colts 22.70
- Rush Yards: Houston Texans 129.90 / Indianapolis Colts 100.10
- Pass Attempts: Houston Texans 32.80 / Indianapolis Colts 34.60
- Completion Percentage: Houston Texans 59.76 / Indianapolis Colts 56.36
- Passing Yards: Houston Texans 216.30 / Indianapolis Colts 226.70
- Total Yards: Houston Texans 346.2 / Indianapolis Colts 326.8
- Turnovers: Houston Texans 1.50 / Indianapolis Colts 1.20
Why Bet on the Houston Texans Odds?
Why bet on the Texans in this regular season finale? Because they’ve got the better head coach and a couple of Pro Bowl stars on their roster!
Injury-ravaged Houston (7-8 ATS) has lost five straight games and comes into this contest off a 34-6 blowout loss against Pittsburgh. Houston lost star rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson and perennial Pro Bowl linebacker J.J. Watt to season-ending injuries that derailed the postseason hopes the Texans once had.
Last weekend, veteran quarterback T.J. Yates was limited to just 83 yards with one touchdown and one interception while completing just of 7-of-16 passes. Houston has scored all of 13 points in their last two games.
“Yeah, it has been tough to recapture,” Yates said of his encouraging play just after getting the starting spot from Tom Savage three weeks ago. “Obviously, the caliber of defenses we’ve played the past two weeks (Jacksonville and Pittsburgh) are up there with the tops in the league.
Wide receiver Deandre Hopkins and outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney both made the Pro Bowl this year for their fantastic seasons.
- Average Score For: 21.67
- Total Yards: 327.4
- Rush Yards: 117.13
- Passing Yards: 210.27
- Average Score Against: 27.60
- Total Yards: 353.06
- Rush Yards: 106.73
- Passing Yards: 246.33
Why Bet on the Indianapolis Colts Odds?
Why bet on the Colts in Week 17? Well, because they’re playing at home and have the best quarterback on the field in this one!
Indianapolis (7-8 ATS) has lost six straight games and comes into this contest off a 23-16 loss against Baltimore last weekend, although they put up a good effort in the loss as second-year quarterback Jacoby Brissett passed for 215 yards and one touchdown.
For the season, veteran running back Frank Gore has rushed for solid 861 yards and three touchdowns in what could be his final campaign while Brissett has passed for 2,984 yards with 12 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
“I’ll say this,” Houston head coach Bill O’Brien said, “Andrew Luck is a great player, but I’ll tell you, Jacoby’s gone in there and done a good job. Jacoby’s gotten better and better, picked up the offense. I know what the guys in New England thought of Jacoby, they thought very highly of him. But yeah, any time you lose your starting quarterback and you don’t have him at any time during the regular season, that’s a hard deal.”
- Average Score For: 16.07
- Total Yards: 286.87
- Rush Yards: 101.00
- Passing Yards: 185.87
- Average Score Against: 26.07
- Total Yards: 377.6
- Rush Yards: 122.93
- Passing Yards: 254.67
Latest NFL Week 17 Betting Trends
- Texans are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Texans are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Houston’s last 14 games when playing Indianapolis
- Colts are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Colts are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indianapolis’s last 5 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Indianapolis Colts are the pick for me in this contest for a trio of reasons, they’ve got the better quarterback in this matchup. they’re playing at home and they’ve just been more competitive in their recent games than Houston has been. Houston is also 0-4 ATS in their last four games overall, 1-5 ATS in their last five games following an ATS loss and 1-4 ATS in their last five versus the AFC.
The Colts are 4-1 ATS in their last five Week 17 games and really, it’s just the fact that the Texans have looked incompetent at best recently that make Indy’s NFL lines the pick to win and cash in!
Pick: Indianapolis Colts -5