Report: Teams “mulling” potential trades for Roddy White http://t.co/89e4T0If6u— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 11, 2015
Now that Week 5 is in the books in the NFL, some division races are getting interesting for NFL lines fans– and some teams are already seeing their seasons head down the drain. Here are some of the top rumors from this week.
There were some rumors going around that the Atlanta Falcons would be looking to trade wideout Roddy White. However, Ian Rapoport with NFL Media reported that while teams are sending Atlanta some interest, the team has indicated that White is not available right now. White told D. Orlando Ledbetter with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he plans to be “a Falcon for life.” These rumors had come from White’s comments about wanting to get the ball more, but new head coach Dan Quinn sat down with White to discuss his role, and it looks like the issue is settled for now. Julio Jones is the alpha wide receiver in Atlanta, but he has a tendency to go down with injuries, and White is a key figure when it comes to depth.
The Denver Broncos faithful inhaled sharply when linebacker DeMarcus Ware limped off the field in Oakland on Sunday with an injured back. However, it looks like the injury will not be debilitating. According to Pro Football Talk, the injury is either a mild strain or back spasms, and Ian Rapoport from NFL Media reported that Ware should only miss about two weeks. That’s not the best news, but it could be a lot worse. Week 6 brings the Browns for Denver, and then Denver has the Week 7 bye before welcoming Green Bay to town. They also have some depth at outside linebacker with Shaquil Barrett and Shane Ray ready to step in. However, Denver will be glad to have Ware back to harass Aaron Rodgers.
While Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson has a terrific reputation for his athleticism, CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora is reporting that Wilson is working to drop weight and add speed because of the shoddy performance that the Seahawk offensive line has turned in so far this year. Center Drew Nowak is having a hard time getting the ball to Wilson, which leads to speculation that there might be a change. The Seahawks have permitted 22 sacks so far, the most in the NFL, including four this past week by the Bengals, as part of 10 hits on the quarterback.
Now that Greg Hardy is on the field for Dallas, the Cowboys’ pass rush is going to be difficult for opponents to deal with. The line sacked Tom Brady five times in the first half – and that’s without Randy Gregory, who is out with an injured ankle. He is due back after the bye, as the Cowboys head to New York to take on the Giants. Gregory is just another talented piece on a Cowboys’ defense that needed to upgrade after letting the Falcons, Saints and Patriots run amok. Until Tony Romo and Dez Bryant return, the defense will have to hold the fort if the Cowboys have any shot at a postseason bid.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction